How to know if CI/QE is enabled ?

acetone802000

21 posts in this topic

I have download the patch from netkas.org for the HD48x0 snow 10,6,1 but i don't know if the QE/CE is enabled, i don't have the lines like 10.5.8:

System information:

ATI Radeon HD 4890 :

Jeu de composants : ATI Radeon HD 4890

Type : Processeur graphique (GPU)

Bus : PCIe

Logement : Slot-1

Longueur de la voie PCIe : x16

VRAM (totale) : 1024 Mo

Fournisseur : ATI (0x1002)

Identifiant du périphérique : 0x9460

Identifiant de révision : 0x0000

Révision de la ROM : 113-B7710C-176

Version du gestionnaire EFI : 01.00.318

Moniteurs :

C19-4 :

Résolution : 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Profondeur de pixels : Couleurs 32 bits (ARGB8888)

Moniteur principal : Oui

Miroir : Désactivé

Connecté : Oui

Rotation : Géré

Connecteur pour le moniteur :

État : Aucun moniteur branché

Thanks in advance :P

If your menu bar is translucent it's enabled.

Is it really that simple? I can see the stars from the desktop through the menu bar, but I really can't believe that I've done everything correct enough to get it to work that simply.

Is there no place else to check?

It confirmed that I have some more work to do..many of the functions were enabled, but the newer ones were not.

If you mean OpenGL 3.0 in the tests, that depends on your video card. Look up the specs for it and see if it supports OpenGL 3.0 at all.

If you're getting reasonable scores don't worry about the rest, acceleration is working.

This is my 9800GTX+ via NVEnabler and the latest Nvidia drivers on vanilla 10.5.8:

post-188427-1253676677_thumb.png post-188427-1253676791_thumb.png

(Before getting native CPU power management working via DSDT my scores were in the early 4000s!)

Before getting native CPU power management working via DSDT my scores were in the early 4000s!

Beerkex'd, I'm interested in this because I'm getting scores of about 4600 and 7500 - for integer and floating point - in Geekbench on my Q6600 @ 3 GHz, now others have posted scores of 7000 and 10800!

How did you go about getting 'native CPU power mangement' to work?

Go as far as you can. It's motivating. I didn't believe I could do it either.

Start by dumping your SSDT tables in Linux, or you can use Lavalys Everest Corporate Edition under Windows.

Then decompile them and compare what you have to what's in my DSDT or FormerlyKnownAs' DSDT. Both of us have all the SSDT stuff inserted at the end. There are more DSDTs posted in the thread you can use to compare.

It should slowly start somewhat making sense once you start looking at the data and gone over the instructions a couple of times. It's not necessary to understand what all the code does to get it to work.

Don't use someone elses code unless they have the exact same CPU and motherboard as you.

I have been using an old app that runs through rosetta to tell you if your display is accelerated or not.

It will tell you flat out if you are or not.

Accelerated = QE/CI enabled

Not Accelerated = software rendering no QE/CI

You don't need apps to tell you. Add a dashboard item and if you see the rippling effects you've got it, if not you haven't!

ok I have the translucent menu bar and I get the ripple effects when I add new apps to the dashboard, so I guess that means I do have QE/CI enabled on the GMA950 video for my D945GCLF.

does QE/CI have any relationship to flash video performance? have noticed that flash seems to drag slightly when trying to watch flash videos on youtube or hulu

If you mean OpenGL 3.0 in the tests, that depends on your video card. Look up the specs for it and see if it supports OpenGL 3.0 at all.

If you're getting reasonable scores don't worry about the rest, acceleration is working.

This is my 9800GTX+ via NVEnabler and the latest Nvidia drivers on vanilla 10.5.8:

post-188427-1253676677_thumb.png post-188427-1253676791_thumb.png

(Before getting native CPU power management working via DSDT my scores were in the early 4000s!)

I'm getting right around 25% of what you are - just near 1000 fps on all of the tests. So, I think I've confirmed that things are not optimized yet.

I have been using an old app that runs through rosetta to tell you if your display is accelerated or not.

It will tell you flat out if you are or not.

Accelerated = QE/CI enabled

Not Accelerated = software rendering no QE/CI

Quartz_Extreme_Check.app

Yeah I remember this app. It is not working on an intel Mac though because the classic environment is not supported on an intel Mac or a Hackintosh.

Thanks anyway though.

Someone else on the thread about the radeon 1950XT said that starting the dvd player is a good test. If you do not have QE CI the dvd player will give an error.

Yeah I remember this app. It is not working on an intel Mac though because the classic environment is not supported on an intel Mac or a Hackintosh.

Thanks anyway though.

Someone else on the thread about the radeon 1950XT said that starting the dvd player is a good test. If you do not have QE CI the dvd player will give an error.

Thats odd because I have used it on both my real MacPro3,1 and my hack laptop both running 10.6.1

I did install rosetta though, perhaps you did not.

I wonder why Apple dropped the QE/CI status indicators from the System Profiler. Maybe because any computer that can run Snow should have those by default. No Intel-powered mac shipped without QE/CI support, right?

• 1 month later...
thank's for your reply's.

I launch the dvd player and going in about and and and it say's all CI/QE activated !!

Ahh, yeah, this is cool. If you select "Supported Features" from the Help menu of the DVD Player, you should get a little translucent window in the middle of the screen listing a variety of things. I'm running 10.6.0, and have one that lists a few things, including "Quartz Extreme Supported" (other things too, all "Supported" for me).

So, that's at least QE. Is CI only dependent only on QE?