145 replies to this topic

beermacht

beermacht

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
it's been a long time...

my vaio p's osx installation died with tht 10.6.2 update - long time ago......

but even w7 kinda sucked on the p - so today i started to install osx again

it's still easy

prepared the two pendrives, installed osx and copied the needed files to the hdd - but i'm still lazy and used the finder to copy the files instead of the terminal.
used showallfiles and deleted the boot file on the hdd, then dropped 2 files and 1 folder to the root directory of the hdd, repaired the permissions and rebooted it, then deleted the applehda.kext and rebooted again.
the only thing left to do is the wwan - but thats also only a software setup thingy

i still use the original snow leopard disk (10.6.0) - i don't think that updating will bring any improvement - i think the p will stick with the original snow kitty ;-)

lukeyang

lukeyang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Anyone tried to install Broadcom crystal HD card in Vaio P?

http://code.google.c...stalhd-for-osx/

anxxxxxdry

anxxxxxdry

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
almost a year.. anybody still supporting this topic?.. i have vaio P 35GK.... and have no luck installing SL.. says not support CPU....

Dicker182

Dicker182

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hm, i also bought an old Vaio P 29.

Any new friendly guide´s about this notebook with SL 10.6.8?

Liknus

Liknus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi everybody! I'm new here.. And I have to say that I've discovered this forum searching some infos on the Sony Vaio P with linux! But since I'm a MBP users (only for what concerns my laptop 'cause my PC still uses Winzoz for gaming) I'd like to try out osX 10.6 on the Vaio P..

But unfortunately all the links in the first page of this discussion are "dead"..

Could someone upload the files once again please?

:  )

Thanks

jorde73

jorde73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Hi All,

I just nowadays bought my P29VN, and after 2 Weeks I have SL 10.6.7 and Win7 (Win8.1 works also) dual boot. Dont try 10.6.8 update, it is lazy, inresponsive, instable.

I did my Vaio after this :

http://www.insanelym...working/page-26

Unfortunately video playback really bad, but for everydays work not bad.

You cannot do this thing without Terminal knowledge, but this is not so difficult.

There is a good thing, named Houdini.app, it is super to change hidden files like mach_kernel.

Good luck !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy