Stuck at Verifying DMI Pool Data...Cannot boot after fresh install

builder

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I get stuck after installing snow leopard and prompted to restart PC. That's when I got stuck at the verifying DMI pool data bit. It just doesn't load anything else after that and get stuck there.

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Graphics: evga GTX 260

Xtreem 2 GB Ram X2

PLEASE HELP or direct me to some reading!!! It's so frustrating not being able to start it up at 1 am! I have been reading the lifehacker version but my stats are a little different from his. I was wondering whether it was the graphics card that is screwing things up or something.

Based on what little info you gave abut your full setup, this usually is not an issue with your install - its something in your bios, memory or hardware. Try setting your bios to defaults, removing any unnecessary cards/external devices and booting with your memory clocked to default or under-clocked to 800 Mhz-

You may try making a DOS bootable flash drive and booting to it for testing.

This happened to me on a Gigabyte board when I was using DDR3 1800 memory - I had to use the XMP profile to get past the DMI pool data.

I will add that if it doesn't recognize your boot drive properly, it will not pass DMI pool data.

Read this

http://www.duxcw.com/faq/computer/dmi.html

It doesn't directly apply to a hackintosh but it will give you a better idea of what DMI is and what can cause hangs

Hope this helps.