Need Help, has anyone tried install snow leopard on DELL Prec T7400?

onetown

6 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

same here ;)

tried chameleon with 0) customized DSDT, 1) different combinations of kext, 2) latest boot file (since my 3870 has compability issue at boot), still no clue

seems the problem is with IOATAFamily.kext, AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext (the point stuck in the log u posted, same for me)

not 100% related to T7400, but i think sth relevant:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=187856

anyone passing by has some clue? :)

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=187856

anyone passing by has some clue? :D

I finally got it to work on my t7400!

Here is what I had to do:

1) Patch DSDT pretty much as described above, only needed to make PIC and TMR changes. See attached.

2) Used standard Snow Leopard installation from that point on, with the following kext's in /Extra:

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext IOATAFamily.kext NullCPUPowerManagement.kext PlatformUUID.kext

FramebufferDisabler.kext LegacyAppleRTC_32bit_Only.kext OpenHaltRestart.kext fakesmc.kext

(IOATAFamily was very important)

3) For some reason I had to initially use Chameleon RC1 boot file, when creating Snow Leopard installation USB, but maybe this had to do with my Spinpoint HD.

4) Using pfix from conti was useful, as well as following instructions from prasys and aserebln.

dsdt.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have bought an 8 gig USB stick and a Retail copy of Snow Leopard for the installation on my Dell T7400.

I am a noobie here and would appreciate some good instructions on how to get snow leopard installed on my T7400. Or would anyone be nice enough to send me the files I can put on my usb stick. So far I have installed the boot loader on a USB stick and restored the snow leopard dics to the usb stick, the install gets so far and doesnt detect my sata drives... please help.

Dean

• 7 months later...
FramebufferDisabler.kext LegacyAppleRTC_32bit_Only.kext OpenHaltRestart.kext fakesmc.kext

I am on the same journey with my Dell T7400.... I've been a long time linux user, but have mac envy after playing with my wife's macbook pro. It seems you are loading in 32bit mode which would render more than 3GB of RAM useless, right?

I've also noticed the Broadcom 57xx drivers are only 32bit as well...

I have 32GB of RAM and run 4 monitors off of my machine and use it to stream video/audio to several rooms/tvs in the house... It would be awesome to run OS X and have both iTunes and xcode for iPhone development.

• 4 years later...

I finally got it to work on my t7400!

Here is what I had to do:

1) Patch DSDT pretty much as described above, only needed to make PIC and TMR changes. See attached.

2) Used standard Snow Leopard installation from that point on, with the following kext's in /Extra:

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext IOATAFamily.kext NullCPUPowerManagement.kext PlatformUUID.kext

(IOATAFamily was very important)

3) For some reason I had to initially use Chameleon RC1 boot file, when creating Snow Leopard installation USB, but maybe this had to do with my Spinpoint HD.

4) Using pfix from conti was useful, as well as following instructions from prasys and aserebln.

I know i'm a little late, but is it possible to upload your kexts for a working Snow Leopard installation on a Dell Precision T7400?

All the best

Walter77