WWAN on ECS G10IL

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am trying to make Mac OS X work on a ECS G10IL. I am using iDeneb 10.5.7 and everything works great, except the WIFI, bluetooth and the built in WWAN card (the 3G UMTS modem, just like the one Dell XPS 1530 has).

Using Windows, to get the WWAN started, the Fn+F2 keys had to be pressed, just like enabling bluetooth or wireless on some laptops. But on this little fellow, nothing appears under the Network tab in System Preferences. Not even LAN. I have tried installing the Huawei drivers and manually adding a network, but nothing happens when I press the "+" button.

During installation, I have checked the iDeneb Base System + ICHx Fixed + EEE PC kit (otherwise it wouldn't boot).

Does anybody have any ideas?

The hardware on ECS G10IL is:

CPU Intel Atom processor N270 Single Core 1.6Ghz

Chipset Mobile Intel 945GM Express

Memory 1GB DDR2 667Mhz SODIMM (1 memory slot. Max 2GB)

Hard Drive 160GB

CD Drive Not Fitted

Screen 8.9" Widescreen TFT (native resolution 1024x600)

Video Card Intel 945GM

Web Cam Built In

Sound Card Realtek ALC662 High Definition Audio

Modem 3G Huawei

Network Card Realtek RTL8102E (Onboard)

LiteOn WN6302L Wireless LAN

Bluetooth

Ports 1x Kensington Lock

1x VGA

3x USB 2.0

1x 4-in-1 Card Reader (supports SD, MMC, MS, MS-PRO cards)

1x Microphone

1x Headphone

1x LAN

Battery G10-3S3600-S1A1 (11.1v 3600mAh)

Power Supply ADP-40MH Power supply

Dimensions 28 x 260 x 178 (HxWxD in mm)

Weight 1.4kg

Colour Black/Silver

Made By ECS G10IL

OK, so I managed to make the HSDPA modem work: I have installed Windows XP and used the Fn+F2 keys to activate the internal 3G modem, then booted back in OS X.

But... The good things don't seem to last too long, because the Fn+F2 combo works just fine whenever it's pressed, but only if I don't shut down the computer. Once I do that, it goes back to doing nothing.

Is there maybe a way to keep the Fn+F2 locked for good, or a application for OS X that enables the Fn key?

I'm trying for a couple of weeks now to solve this problem with little success, so a little help would really be appreciated, guys :blink: