Was able to install SL to HDD - What should i check next?

ltoolio

2 posts in this topic

After being away from the tech (geek) scene for a while, I decided to jump head first into trying to get SL loaded on a Dell Optiplex 755.

After doing an install via a combo of Prasys's install and the Lifehacker tutorial, I was actually able to boot into Snow Leopard and poke around (I was a bit shocked it went as smoothly as it did).

I suspect that my video card (NVIDIA 6xxx series...I need to check the exact model) isn't currently optimized, as the video is rather chunky, and I'm not 100% sure that the ENet is working, but what else should I be checking to make sure that all is working as well as it should be?

I don't think my audio is working, but what else should I be testing to make sure that I have a 100% working system? This might seem like an odd question, but since the initial install went so smoothly, I feel like I'm missing things.

I'll be away from the box for a couple nights, but will be back at it late on Friday night.

And great forums you all have going here...much of it is over my head, but I'm hoping as I dig in more that I'll I gain a greater base of knowlege around Kexts, EFI, all the other coding stuff that I still have yet to dig into.

thanks in advance,

LT

Well, I've verified the following:

- I've gotten my video (BFG 9400 GT with 1GB) working to the point that I can adjust resolutions, have 2 monitors hooked up. I set an EFI string as mentioned below.

- My Enternet is working just fine

- My sound seems to be working. I've played music through ITunes

- Restart and shutdown work fine.

I'm not sure if the following is working totally:

- I don't know if my vid card is optomized. I used an EFI string for a past card (9400 GT with 512MB and DVI/DVI). If I added a EFI string via OSX86 tools for my current one (1GB / DVI / VGA), it freezes at black screen at boot.

The following isn't working:

Sleep

I'll continue to plug away.