AppleACPIBattery in 32/64 flavor for Snow Kitty.

adityaxavier

90 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I had issues with VoodooBattery cause the one that i had was only for 32 bit and seemed to give some weird sleep issues...

So started using AppleACPIBattery from leo.. Just took the Source from our long friend Chun Nun and changed it for 32/64 bit arch..

It works perfectly in 32 bit.. someone try it in 64 bit mode as well.. All Credits go to Chun Nun for making such a beautiful kext.. and mainly for providing the sources... :) Download the kext below.....

Thanks,

A.Xavier.

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext.zip

with voodoobattery i had the problem if i pulled ac power out of the laptop it sets the laptop to sleep, into an endless sleep wake cycle. do you had the same issue?

im try this kext and will see.

No i dint have that problem.. In my case the laptop simply wont go to sleep and also found that if am trying to dump NullCPUPowermanagement.kext.. it would give me a KP .. If i took out Voodoo Battery it would be fine.. So thought of dumping it altogether..

Anyway Guys do let me know if you face any issues with the kext provided.. !!!

No i dint have that problem.. In my case the laptop simply wont go to sleep and also found that if am trying to dump NullCPUPowermanagement.kext.. it would give me a KP .. If i took out Voodoo Battery it would be fine.. So thought of dumping it altogether..

Anyway Guys do let me know if you face any issues with the kext provided.. !!!

i get KP in AppleACPI kext when loading your kext,

with voodoopower if i disconnect AC the machine goes to sleep, then wakes, then sleep again and so on...

I also get KP with your AppleACPIBattery.kext. I Have an older one that works good. I'd rather have one for SL/32.64bit.

Guys ,

I need more information than just - It does not work.. Kindly provide output of lspci | dmesg and ioreg -l logs for me to provide any help !!

Thanks,

A.Xavier

Here you go... Thanks!

Alright... Thanks for the data.. but could you please also give me the KP logs... so that i can check what the error is which results in KP.. moreover.. try without VoodooPower and let me know if it still gives any problems...

Thanks ,

A.Xavier

KP as well here :(

Dude this wont help you a bit.. please provide the logs i have asked so many times earlier.. for me to help you in any way.

Thanks,

A.Xavier

Alright... Thanks for the data.. but could you please also give me the KP logs... so that i can check what the error is which results in KP.. moreover.. try without VoodooPower and let me know if it still gives any problems...

Thanks ,

A.Xavier

Dude this wont help you a bit.. please provide the logs i have asked so many times earlier.. for me to help you in any way.

Thanks,

A.Xavier

I tried it without VoodooPower and I still got KP. I looked in /Library/Logs/panic.log but could not file the KP log.

Not intended to mess with OP's topic, just to provide people another choice of compiled 10.6 battery kexts to try with luck.

I compiled both AppleACPIBatteryManager and VoodooBattery here for 32/64:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1727104/SL_Battery.zip

By the way, both work on my T60.

I tried both of your kext. The Apple one gave me KP. The Voodoo one same issue as any other, my laptop goes to sleep when unplugged and lid closed. I can't get it to wakeup, screen is blank.

Off Topic: Would you be able to compile AppleACPIThermal.kext for SL 32/64? I have no idea on how to do that.

Please see link bellow.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=188059

Thanks!

Not intended to mess with OP's topic, just to provide people another choice of compiled 10.6 battery kexts to try with luck.

I compiled both AppleACPIBatteryManager and VoodooBattery here for 32/64:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1727104/SL_Battery.zip

By the way, both work on my T60.

Same here... The one i compiled for 32/64 bit works flawlessly in my T60...

Userx : Do you have dsdt.aml file in your root partition.. i feel that might be an issue.. if you do.. try to run ubuntu through usb, copy the dsdt, and place it in the root partition..

Most probably it might give you an error saying could not find drivers for the current system.. it gives to me.. if it does decompile it and change the starting definition block names..

Thanks,

A.Xavier

Same here... The one i compiled for 32/64 bit works flawlessly in my T60...

Userx : Do you have dsdt.aml file in your root partition.. i feel that might be an issue.. if you do.. try to run ubuntu through usb, copy the dsdt, and place it in the root partition..

Most probably it might give you an error saying could not find drivers for the current system.. it gives to me.. if it does decompile it and change the starting definition block names..

Thanks,

A.Xavier

Tried. Does not work.

• 5 months later...

it would take a long time to enter snow leopard when using both battery and a/c adaptor, is there any update for it to apply in snow leopard?

you can see there is 2 mins after fakesmc's message:

Feb 6 10:17:38 Mac kernel[0]: FakeSMC: key info not found MSDS, length - 6
Feb 6 10:19:33 Mac kernel[0]: virtual bool IOHIDEventSystemUserClient::initWithTask(task*, void*, UInt32): Client task not privileged to open IOHIDSystem for mapping memory
Feb 6 10:20:26 Mac kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: VBL too high (21378262), capping to 20000000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi,

any update on this AppleACPIBattery.kext ? I am having kernel panic in ACPIFamily.kext using your kext in Snow .

Using AppleACPIBattery.kext in leopard it works fine!

Using VoodooBattery it doesn't show Battery-/Ac-Power but just AC-Power under Power Saving.

Thanks!

Mal

hi,

any update on this AppleACPIBattery.kext ? I am having kernel panic in ACPIFamily.kext using your kext in Snow .

Using AppleACPIBattery.kext in leopard it works fine!

Using VoodooBattery it doesn't show Battery-/Ac-Power but just AC-Power under Power Saving.

Thanks!

Mal

try this one out, and tell me if it works for u.

VoodooBattery.kext.zip

it did work on mine :wacko:

Hi,

unfortunately AppleACPIBattery gives me the same kernel panic as the other 2 versions i tried in my laptop. The panic is on AppleACPIBattery and in IOACPIFamily ... i don't know, perhaps i am having problems there. For example if i connect and disconnect more times the power supply after a few times (4-5 or less) i have a kernel panic under snow 10.6.2 and 10.6.3 . I even tried a fresh install of snow and there are always the same problems.

The strange thing is that in 10.5.8 everything works smooth with the same laptop. AppleACPIBattery works fine, no crashes , nothing at all.

Any fixes for IOACPIFamily ? I have a laptop with PM45 chipset (Cantiga, 1066 mhz bus), 4 gb ddr2 800 and CPU T9400 (2.53 GHz Core2Duo Penryn 6 mb cache).

Perhaps i may try to put IOACPIFamily from 10.5.8 ... but it's not the solution i like.

Thanks!

Mal