Help! A very important hd won't populate contents

gugin

7 posts in this topic

I followed the guide to make an internal sata ntfs hd r/w and now I when I open it in finder it shows nothing! No folders or files, but shows 0 items and 2.5 gb availabe. The 2.5 gb is correct. The 320 gb drive is full--0 items IS NOT CORRECT. Help please.

If you're talking about the instructions to enable Apple's own R/W support for NTFS, then I've seen a claim that this support is buggy. Thus, I recommend reversing those settings, shutting down, and checking the disk in Windows. If you really need R/W support to this volume, you might try NTFS-3g or Paragon; it's conceivable they'll do a better job.

If you're talking about the instructions to enable Apple's own R/W support for NTFS, then I've seen a claim that this support is buggy. Thus, I recommend reversing those settings, shutting down, and checking the disk in Windows. If you really need R/W support to this volume, you might try NTFS-3g or Paragon; it's conceivable they'll do a better job.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=186460

[Guide] Enable Native NTFS Read/Write in Snow Leopard

Does it work in Windows?

I don't have windows on a desktop anymore. I have a mac mini g4, dell laptop with windows 7, and this box.