What do you look for in a motherboard?

tech4

1 post in this topic

First, if this was already discussed I apologize and you could post a link to the topic it would be appreciated.

Well looking at the list of compatible it seems a lot of the boards are discoed. Now when looking for a new board, what chip sets and other specs should I look for? Is there a holy grail of motherboards? I only ask because I not 100% on what I should be looking for. The list's are awesome and a great help but like I said the ones that look the best are not offered anymore.

The other question is when I look at board specs should I be concerned what the north bridge is? I realize after writing this I need to do more reading on what they are.

Sorry if this is a stupid question and if there is a more appropriate place for this question let me know.

Thank you for your help guys. You guys and gals are do some amazing things. I would never thought it possible to run the os on anything else other then an Apple computer. I writing this right now on a Acer Aspire One D150 running Mac OS X 10.5.8.