P5Q SE Retail SNOW LEOPARD Install Works BUT ?

copytec

1 post in this topic

Ok I am Running a P5Q SE Motherboard with Latest stock BIOS From ASUS and the Install is done using Boot 123 CD then Retail Snow Leopard DVD that I purchaced.

All goes well installs pefectly. Reboot with Boot 123 CD to get back in to Snow Install Boot Manager so that I can boot without the CD

I then use EFI Studio to get 8500GT 512 Meg card working correctly with a Res of 1280x1024 to suit my old 19" LCD not WS

But I cannot for the life of me get Sound ALC1200 working nor can I get the Atheros L1E - ATL1E OnBoard network Card Working . I put in a reltek 10/100 Nic and that worked but the I lost it after trying to install the Onboard Nic or Sound . They are the correct KEXTs for my board and I am using KEXTS Helper 7b

When I look at system profiler it says under Audio No Sound

Under Network it Says that no pci ethernet controllers are installed

After losing the 10/100 8139 Nic I could not even get that back.

I must admit I have never used a MAC in my life and last Friday was the first time that I tried to install it I used IPC 10.5.6 and that had all the drivers for my PC's Hardware ...Lucky For Me... retail Snow is of course a lot different.I followed this how to and it works perfectly except for sound and NIC.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong ... I my be a converted Windows User Yet