iTunes 9 breaks sharing across dual boot

1 post in this topic

I have been running various versions of osx dual booted with windows. Currently I have 10.5.8 with win7. A little while ago I updated iTunes to ver 9, what a mistake that was!, I can no longer just have one library on a shared partition and access it from windows & osx. I don’t let iTunes organise my files and I built the “iTunes Library.itl” file with windows then used ‘File Buddy’ to change an attribute to allow iTunes on osx access the file. I don’t need the File Buddy step any more because in iTunes9 creates the file in windows already with the right attribute and it will load in iTunes on osx. Problem is that even though my 120 odd GBs of music get listed ok, the location data is stuffed so itunes can’t find the file. My other problem is that I have never been able to add my media folder to a new iTunes library in osx. It runs for a while and freezes and it has done this on all of the various incarnations of osx releases I have had. So effectively iTunes no longer works on my hackintosh with any more than about 10% of my total media files. Anyone have any insights or ideas on this one?