Acer Aspire 8935G

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone!

I'm going to be purchasing a new machine next month hopefully.

Right now I'm running on my 2~3 years old low end Macbook. I'm happy with it, but I feel like I need a stronger machine.

So, my budget is approx 10,000SEK, which is approx 1000Eur.

I came across a very nice machine called the Acer Aspire 8935, which seems to have a very nice feature where, with a push of a button, you can switch which gfx card the laptop uses. The dedicated ATI 4670 or the integrated Intel GMA 4500HD.

Now I know that the ATI Radeon 4670 is not supported, nor is there a driver for it, or at least google told me so..please do tell me if I'm wrong.

But the GMA 4500 HD seems to be partially supported, at least the framebuffer as mentioned in this thread, so native resolution is there, which is full HD 1080p if my memory serves me right.

Now my question is, by switching from ATI to the intergated GMA 4500, will I be able to get OSX86 to work on it?

Does anyone have experience with OSX86 on this machine?

There seems to be 2 different machines out there, one with Quad Core, and one with Core 2 Duo, I'm going for the C2D.

I read about the installing from retail without h4x anymore if you have an intel processor through the help of a.. 123cd/exthdd or something. So that's already a great improvement!

So it would be great if this is possible, then I can have OSX on there instead of Mint Linux(inb4 linux>osx, osx>linux, etc.)

I grew quite fond of the operating system in the past 2 years, would be a pity having to switch between the laptop and Macbook to compile on different platforms.