Installing leapard on Gateway NV52 series

osakran

6 posts in this topic

I've been wanting to install leopard on my gateway laptop for a couple a month now but i'm getting confused with the process. I was wondering if anyone has the same laptop as me (gateway NV52) and successfully installed leopard on it. If so could you give me a simple tutorial on how to get it up and running on my laptop...thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Im using NV52 as well. Do u want just to install the OSX itself or want dual boot with other OS ?

There are many tutorials out there but here is mine, simple one.

I installed mine with iAtkos V7 10.5.7. When u'r done with the boot and format the partition to journal format for Mac, go ahead and start the customize for the install. I chose these options in the Customize window:

Chameleon v2, /Extra directory, DSDT, 9.7.0 kernel, Cardbus driver, USB, Azalia Audio Driver, Voodoo PS/2 with trackpad, Laptop battery, NTFS-3G.

Please note that the HD3200 graphic chipset and the Atheros 928x in my laptop do not work in OSX. I had to buy a USB wireless in order to get the internet works. Dont know about ur specs so cant' help much, as well as I'm not a pro in this, just know a few things.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Im using NV52 as well. Do u want just to install the OSX itself or want dual boot with other OS ?

There are many tutorials out there but here is mine, simple one.

I installed mine with iAtkos V7 10.5.7. When u'r done with the boot and format the partition to journal format for Mac, go ahead and start the customize for the install. I chose these options in the Customize window:

Chameleon v2, /Extra directory, DSDT, 9.7.0 kernel, Cardbus driver, USB, Azalia Audio Driver, Voodoo PS/2 with trackpad, Laptop battery, NTFS-3G.

Please note that the HD3200 graphic chipset and the Atheros 928x in my laptop do not work in OSX. I had to buy a USB wireless in order to get the internet works. Dont know about ur specs so cant' help much, as well as I'm not a pro in this, just know a few things.

I have a Gateway NV52, also, and I used ideneb instead of iAtkos, did you you ever get your webcam to work, because I try to use it, and the program shuts down????

• 10 months later...
I have a Gateway NV52, also, and I used ideneb instead of iAtkos, did you you ever get your webcam to work, because I try to use it, and the program shuts down????

my webcam automatically installed using iAtkos V7 on the basic settings with apple ps/2 keyboard and the 9.5.0 Kernel Voodooo.

How'd you get the ethernet or wireless to work, I can't seem to find the help or way to do it.

• 1 year later...

If you get to the apple logo and it freezes, reformat and re-install, but try using different customization selections to fit your laptop, i've found that playing with these settings will determine if mac will actually boot on your computer, i will be installing lion on my nv52 soon, when i get it right i'll post what i did.