10.6 on p5ql-e

EazySnatch

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I try maybe 10 times to install 10.6

1.Restore image 10.6 RETAIL to my 2nd hard disk and try to boot it Camelot boot loader start u run -v see the output then screen start gray and I see mouse pointer after 1-2 min get colored circle (OS X waitng) and thats it 15 min only this.

2.Try with BOot CD i boot then remove CD put 10.6 retail DVD in my DVD and hit F5 wait a bit and i see BOOT from "Mac OS X install DVD" and run from it i see gray screen after 5-10 min I get icon for problem circle with line in it.

3.I try to install with OSinstall.mpkg install DT patcher Boot loader change my com.apple.boot.plist then smbios.plist

and I cant boot it

I try to get screen with language but i dont get there someone to know what's going on

I try to change video card with Palit 9800 GT but same gray screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Did you already find a solution of your problem?

I've the same Asus Mainboard. I have pathed the Bios and started with the Chameleon Boot Loader. I have removed the CD and put the 10.6 retail dvd in my PATA dvd rom.

After a fews minutes waiting, i see the gray screen with the icon for problem circle with line in it.

What's wrong with my conf.?

Regards

Asus P5QL-E with Dual Core CPU

500 GB SATA drive

Asus EN 9500GT

PATA DVD-ROM

Hi

Did you already find a solution of your problem?

I've the same Asus Mainboard. I have pathed the Bios and started with the Chameleon Boot Loader. I have removed the CD and put the 10.6 retail dvd in my PATA dvd rom.

After a fews minutes waiting, i see the gray screen with the icon for problem circle with line in it.

What's wrong with my conf.?

Regards

Asus P5QL-E with Dual Core CPU

500 GB SATA drive

Asus EN 9500GT

PATA DVD-ROM

Hi

I have already solved the problem. The changed my very old pata dvd rom to a new sata dvd and now it works perfect.

• 6 months later...

can you tell me what version do you use for install snow leopard on p5ql-e? can you upload or link the right kext and utility for installation? thanks

Hi

I have already solved the problem. The changed my very old pata dvd rom to a new sata dvd and now it works perfect.

• 2 months later...