[GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard Install on eeepc 901

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

Poll: Guide Works (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this guide working on your eeepc 901?

1. Yes. Perfectly. I'm in eeepc Nirvana. (50 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. Yes, but I had to install additional drivers. (13 votes [16.25%])

Percentage of vote: 16.25%

3. No (17 votes [21.25%])

Percentage of vote: 21.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

MK500

MK500

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:All things technology.

question: for the CPU scaling, are you using the GenericCPUPMControl app from superhai web site?
as I'm having some problems while listening music on iTunes on battery and not interacting with the system.. sometimes the audio disappear, does this happen to you also? can you try to leave iTunes running playing some songs without touching anything for a few minutes and let me know?
I remember I had this exact problem in the past when the CPU scaling was not working properly..

bye!

ps: I'm from Italy! :)

I had tried using GenericCPUPMControl initially; but found VoodooPower.kext much better. I'd recommend trying that instead. It's what I include in my zip. I watch it dynamically change the Multiplier using CPU-X. It goes from 800Mzh to 1600Mhz with lots of steps in between very quickly. I actually use my iPod for music; so haven't played on iTunes much. I'll do so and let you know what happens.

Italy! One of my favorite places on earth. Not only amazing arts and architecture; but some of the nicest people on the planet. My wife and I were bicycling in Lido di Venezia when 9/11 happened. The Italians were incredibly kind to us and supportive as I tried to contact friends and co-workers in New York. You are lucky to live in such a wonderful country.

MK500

MK500

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 80 posts

I'm having some problems while listening music on iTunes on battery and not interacting with the system.. sometimes the audio disappear, does this happen to you also? can you try to leave iTunes running playing some songs without touching anything for a few minutes and let me know?
I remember I had this exact problem in the past when the CPU scaling was not working properly..

So, here's my test: 25 minutes of music listening on battery with iTunes 9 in 10.6.1. I have it on Mini Player view. Watching CPU-X I see that it is running at 800Mhz 95% of the time. Every once in a while I see it jumping up one multiplier to 933Mhz for a fraction of a second or even to one of the higher multipliers. I think I saw 1066 and 1463 a few times.

I noticed some very brief (fraction of a second) audio dropouts; I would almost call them "pops". Maybe this happened 4 times over minutes? I also noticed some brief periods of "static" over the music. Neither were extremely distracting; but annoying for the music listener for sure. I almost wondered if there were issues in my MP3 encoding; but I'm sure I would have noticed it before.

In my case I would chalk this up to the audio driver (VoodooHDA) as it really doesn't seem related to processor speed. I will probably do some testing with other audio driver configurations when I get time to see if this can be eliminated completely.

richarda

richarda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Everything works fantastic. Thanks a lot for this brilliant tutorial !
Now, the bad part: the webcam. When I start iChat or Photobooth, the LED goes green but the image remains black.

Any idea ?

Thanks for all again,

Richard

Oh {censored}, I think I know what's wrong with my webcam. I got a Linux version of my 901 and apparently the hardware for the webcam was different between XP and Linux. XP works and Linux doesn't.

Anybody found a solution by any chance (other than changing the webcam of course....

Anyway, everything else works like a charm.

Thanks,

Richard

MK500

MK500

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 80 posts

Everything works fantastic. Thanks a lot for this brilliant tutorial !
Now, the bad part: the webcam. When I start iChat or Photobooth, the LED goes green but the image remains black.

Any idea ?

Thanks for all again,

Richard

Oh {censored}, I think I know what's wrong with my webcam. I got a Linux version of my 901 and apparently the hardware for the webcam was different between XP and Linux. XP works and Linux doesn't.

Anybody found a solution by any chance (other than changing the webcam of course....

Anyway, everything else works like a charm.

Thanks,

Richard

Great Richard! Yeah; sorry for not mentioning the webcam thing. I will make a note that it only works for the windows version of the 901. Why they used two different webcams; I don't know.

Make sure you vote in the poll. Thanks :-)

richarda

richarda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Great Richard! Yeah; sorry for not mentioning the webcam thing. I will make a note that it only works for the windows version of the 901. Why they used two different webcams; I don't know.

Make sure you vote in the poll. Thanks :-)

OK I just voted !

Would anybody in the community have by any chance a 901 (OSX compatible) built-in webcam for sale ?
I'd really appreciate this. Please PM me if you have one.
Thanks,
Richard

moly82

moly82

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

I had tried using GenericCPUPMControl initially; but found VoodooPower.kext much better. I'd recommend trying that instead. It's what I include in my zip. I watch it dynamically change the Multiplier using CPU-X. It goes from 800Mzh to 1600Mhz with lots of steps in between very quickly. I actually use my iPod for music; so haven't played on iTunes much. I'll do so and let you know what happens.

Italy! One of my favorite places on earth. Not only amazing arts and architecture; but some of the nicest people on the planet. My wife and I were bicycling in Lido di Venezia when 9/11 happened. The Italians were incredibly kind to us and supportive as I tried to contact friends and co-workers in New York. You are lucky to live in such a wonderful country.

thanks for the good words ;) :) I agree almost 100%.. the "only" problem we have is that {censored} "playboy".. well it is better to change the subject.. :P :D

I do use VoodooPower.kext, but I have always used it along with the GenericCPUPMControl app as I thought it was needed for the kext to work properly so that the CPU could scale.. well I removed it and after installing CPU-X I see the CPU is scaling anyway also without that app so that was not a big deal also because it was triggering some kernel panics here recently..thanks for the advice! :)

just sleep remain to fix hope I can do something beginning of next week even if I am not so confident.. I have already tried so many things.. :(

I'll keep you updated bye!!

OK I just voted !

Would anybody in the community have by any chance a 901 (OSX compatible) built-in webcam for sale ?
I'd really appreciate this. Please PM me if you have one.
Thanks,
Richard

I have the linux version too and I confirm the only way to get the webcam to work was to replace it.. luckily my brother bought recently a win version of the 904 eeepc and he does use win.. so I could do the swap.. actually I could not find anything on the web..

bye

salopard

salopard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

thanks for the good words ;) :) I agree almost 100%.. the "only" problem we have is that {censored} "playboy".. well it is better to change the subject.. :P :)

I do use VoodooPower.kext, but I have always used it along with the GenericCPUPMControl app as I thought it was needed for the kext to work properly so that the CPU could scale.. well I removed it and after installing CPU-X I see the CPU is scaling anyway also without that app so that was not a big deal also because it was triggering some kernel panics here recently..thanks for the advice! :)

just sleep remain to fix hope I can do something beginning of next week even if I am not so confident.. I have already tried so many things.. :)

I'll keep you updated bye!!

I have the linux version too and I confirm the only way to get the webcam to work was to replace it.. luckily my brother bought recently a win version of the 904 eeepc and he does use win.. so I could do the swap.. actually I could not find anything on the web..

bye

I have the 901 Linux version, and the camera works!

From system profiler I got the following info about the camera:

Product ID: 0xb071
Vendor ID: 0x04f2 (Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.)
Version: 15.44
Serial Number: SN0001
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.
Location ID: 0xfd800000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

Tested with Photo Booth and it works just great

I also read that Linux version camera does not function, only the win version, but I did purchased the Linux version, so perhaps I am just lucky to have the win camera hardware in it???

moly82

moly82

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

I have the 901 Linux version, and the camera works!

From system profiler I got the following info about the camera:

Product ID: 0xb071
Vendor ID: 0x04f2 (Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.)
Version: 15.44
Serial Number: SN0001
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.
Location ID: 0xfd800000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

Tested with Photo Booth and it works just great

I also read that Linux version camera does not function, only the win version, but I did purchased the Linux version, so perhaps I am just lucky to have the win camera hardware in it???

yes I guess you were very lucky, the chicony electronics cam is the one that used to came along with the win eeepc, while the linux eeepc came with the gensys logic one, not compatible with osx..

bye!

richarda

richarda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
So here's where we are:

- I followed the tutorial and confirm all works fine !
- Something that is NOT in the tutorial and I believe should be added is the link to the Ralink drivers that can be used with the standard eee 901 WiFi card on OSX. It's less classy than Airport but it works great: Ralink Drivers Page and download the driver for "PCI/mPCI/CB(RT2860/RT2790)"
- Sleep on lid close works and wake-up on keyboard as well

Problems still pending
- Backlight on wake-up
- Slow Boot because of "Waiting for DSMOS..."
- Other problem: I installed it on an SD card. The SD card looses power on sleep and we get an error message on wake-up
- Sleep on power button

Another thing is what I read about this DSDT thing. Can somebody explain how to build one, does it really improve something ? What ? Sorry for all the stupid questions.

I have a personal question. Can we follow this tutorial on other eee PCs or does it only work on 901 ?

I showed my eee OSX to a couple of friends and they all want one now but it's hard to find a 901 nowadays...

Branhower

Branhower

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
This guide modified for a EEE PC 1000he

Here's my experience with the EEE PC 1000he:

1) Desktop hackintosh or real mac for setup
2) USB hard drive that you are OK erasing
3) Retail Snow Leopard DVD or image of it
4) ASUS eeepc 901
5) Files here: [url="http://"http://www.sendspace.com/file/g3g20h""]EEE PC 1000he Files[/url] (rev.2, forgot about VoodooHDA)

Getting Started:
1) There's No Step One!
2) Connect the USB hard drive to your desktop machine and Partition the drive. One partition GUID (let's call it "OSX").
3) Install Chameleon-2.0-RC3-r658 onto the USB hard drive. Just install Chameleon 2.0 RC3 following the directions in doc -> readme. There are basically only three command lines you will need to enter to install, as you will see in the doc.

NOTE: If you have never installed Chameleon RC3 before; now is a good time to test. You should be able to connect the drive to your eeepc 901 and hit esc at boot to boot off the drive. You should get the Chameleon boot loader. If you don't; go back and figure out what you did wrong. If it looks good, connect your USB drive back to your desktop and continue with your install.

4) Either insert your retail Snow Leopard DVD or mount your image now.
5) Finder -> Go Menu -> Go To Folder
/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages
double click OSInstall.mpkg
Follow the Menus to install Snow Leopard onto OSX. I de-selected the printers to save space and selected everything else. You may want to deselect everything to save even more.
6) Turn on owners so permissions transfer correctly:

sudo /usr/sbin/vsdbutil -a /Volumes/OSX
7) Place the Extra folder (from included zip in EEE PC 901 files) in the root of OSX, also put the dsdt.aml file in there
8) Copy all the Extensions (from the included zip) into /Volumes/OSX/System/Library/Extensions/
9) Repair Permissions

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/OSX/System/Library/Extensionssudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/OSX/Extrasudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OSX/System/Library/Extensions
10) Remove kext cache

sudo rm -rf /Volumes/OSX/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext
11) Make sure your eeepc is connected to Power for the first boot. Boot up the eeepc from this USB hard drive and go through the normal OS X Welcome stuff and set up your user. When you power up your eeepc 901 with the USB drive connected, you will want to press Esc key until the boot option menu shows up. This will allow you to select your USB drive to boot off of it.
12) After installation; you should run Repair Permissions from Disk Utility. You can also improve your sound quality by installing the VoodooHDA prefpane, which is included in the PrefPane folder. Just double click to install for all users.

What works Now:
  • Video (1024x600), Video Playback, etc.
  • Webcam (Photo Booth and iChat) - XP version only (Linux version used different webcam; and we don't have drivers) (I got the XP version...)
  • Sound
  • Wifi (all models have the same card, at least in the US. I heard Europe got the Broadcom chip)
  • Trackpad (plus two finger scroll, three finger right click, double-tap drag)
  • Keyboard
  • Bluetooth
  • Battery Display
  • Processor on-the-fly Speed Reduction (for increased battery life)
  • Hardware buttons control backlight (but no on-screen indicator)
  • Shutdown
  • Restart
  • Ethernet
  • Time Machine

Things To Fix:
  • Brightness automatic on wake
    The solution is available; but it's cumbersome. It involves installing CHUD and a couple other programs. I prefer just hitting the brightness key. Creating your own DSDT.aml is probably the best solution for this.
  • Boot is slowed by 60 second at
    Waiting for DSMOS...
    This happens every time; I'm assuming if we create a custom DSDT this will go away? - This happened the first boot for me, after that it boots like normal
  • Sleep: Any form will lock up the computer.

Once your system is working to your liking; just copy it over to your internal HDD drive. Partition your HDD just like the hard drive, and Install Chameleon 2.0 RC3 on your HDD. Then just use SuperDuper! to clone your hard drive over to your SSD. You can now boot off your internal HDD!

cpress

cpress

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Web Development in PHP/MySQL. Linux, Mac, Hackintosh, iPhone jb.
I first want to say thank you for this wonderful tutorial.

I used another tutorial to SL installed on my 900A but now I need to get the rest of it working.

The kext you provided here worked for everything except the video. It seems to install the regular resolutions but not the 1024x600.

Any suggestions?

richarda

richarda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Hello Again,

How do you check the "Processor on the fly speed reduction" is working ?
I've noticed the fan is always on and I'm not sure this feature is working.

Everything else is now OK (I ordered a 901 XP webcam on the net ;o) )

Thanks for all again, this guide rocks.

Richard.

moly82

moly82

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
I reinstalled everything to SSD using your kexts mk500, and now sleep works perfectly, thanks :)

the problem is that now I have the slow boot problem related to DSMOS.. :( I don't really know what is worse, sleep not working (I don't use it so much actually) or the boot that takes so long respect before (it used to took 30 seconds to have everything up and running before.. :( )

I will see.. another problem with this config is that it is hanging some time during halt and restart even is OpenHaltRestart kext is properly loading.. in particular during shutdown I see some strange messages like "pid is still alive" or similar that I have never seen before.. :blink:

I'll try working with the kexts to try to find the best config..

in case you discover anything please share!!

bye all :)

EDIT: @ richarda: download cpu-x and run it, you should see the cpu frequency automatically changing according to the cpu load..

MK500

MK500

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 80 posts

I reinstalled everything to SSD using your kexts mk500, and now sleep works perfectly, thanks :)

I will see.. another problem with this config is that it is hanging some time during halt and restart even is OpenHaltRestart kext is properly loading.. in particular during shutdown I see some strange messages like "pid is still alive" or similar that I have never seen before.. :blink:

Great to hear that my setup works on yours! I know it isn't quite perfect yet; but we are getting closer :-)

Are you sure it's "hanging"? I get those messages too, as it is watching for all the pid (processes) to close before actually shutting down; but mine ALWAYS shuts down successfully. It sometimes just takes a bit.

I first want to say thank you for this wonderful tutorial.

I used another tutorial to SL installed on my 900A but now I need to get the rest of it working.

The kext you provided here worked for everything except the video. It seems to install the regular resolutions but not the 1024x600.

Any suggestions?

Download app called OSX86Tool.app and launch it. Click View PCI Device/Vendor ID. It will install something and you need to reboot. After reboot click that button again and it should save a "lspci.txt" file to your root. Please post that here and I may be able to help with your video. It's also useful to see; as I'm curious what hardware differences there are between models.

This guide modified for a EEE PC 1000he

Here's my experience with the EEE PC 1000he:

Hi Branhower: I downloaded your files and looked through them. Some thoughts:

I notice you have ApplePS2Controller and also VoodooPS2Controller as well as AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.
- Try replacing all three of these with the VoodooPS2Controller.kext included in my zip. I don't think you need all this.
Do you need LegacyAppleRTC_32bit_Only? What happens if you remove it?
Do you need PlatformUUID? What happens if you remove it?
I believe with your setup your machine is running full speed all the time (which will be poor for battery). Try installing VoodooPower from my zip into your /S/L/E. You can monitor your processor speed by downloading and installing CPU-X. If you stop doing anything; you should see it drop to 800Mhz.

Can you post the lspci.txt file you got from OSX86Tool.app? I'd like to compare hardware strings.

If you have a spare USB drive; would you try formatting fresh and following my instructions exactly (for the 901) using my zip files; boot off USB, and tell me what does/doesn't work? I have a feeling it might just work as-is or with some really small tweak. Other than the LCD itself and possibly a few other small things; I think the 1000he is really similar to the 901. The combination of kexts you are using is similar to what I was using earlier in my testing; and I found I could improve a bit with the ones I used.

the problem is that now I have the slow boot problem related to DSMOS.. :( I don't really know what is worse, sleep not working (I don't use it so much actually) or the boot that takes so long respect before (it used to took 30 seconds to have everything up and running before.. :( )

I will be SO happy if you track down that DSMOS issue. I've been racking my brain for days. I just don't know what causes it. If you get any clues; send them my way. I have a feeling it has something to do with fakesmc.kext.

For me; I use sleep always....as it just instantly goes to sleep, and almost instantly wakes up. But I can imagine that I would power down more often if I had a 30 second boot time :-)

Of course then I have to re-start my apps and stuff. I dunno; I guess I prefer fast sleep to fast power up still :-)

cpress

cpress

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
@mk500 I attached LSPCI output.

Attached File  lspci.txt   1.97KB   15 downloads

MK500

MK500

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 80 posts

@mk500 I attached LSPCI output.

Attached File  lspci.txt   1.97KB   15 downloads

Wow, the hardware between your 900A and my 901 is almost identical! This is a surprise; since they use different CPUs. Anyway, if you properly install the AppleIntelGMA950.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from my zip into your /S/L/E folder and then fix the permissions and remove the cache; it should just work.

Branhower used "Kext Helper" to install the kexts, and now his video is working correctly. That might be an easier procedure (can anyone please post a link to the "Kext Helper" that works best with 10.6 and any notes on usage). -Thanks

Make sure you do have Natit.kext in there also, and that you DO NOT have any other special video kexts that may have come from that other procedure you followed before.

If you are having trouble; you may want to test with a fresh build following my instructions exactly. Maybe try on a spare USB device if you don't want to mess up your existing build. I really think it should "just work"; as our hardware is so similar. I included my file if you want to look.

- Other problem: I installed it on an SD card. The SD card looses power on sleep and we get an error message on wake-up

After reading that you installed it on an SD card, I thought it might be fun to try that. I have a class 6 8GB SD card here, so I copied a fresh build (from my procedure) onto the SD card using SuperDuper!.

Holy cow is SD slow!! I'm at 2 hours and 10 minutes so far and I think I'm only like 30% done with the copy. Did it take you this long to copy?

It will be cool to have a bootable SD as a backup when it's done....but wow....you must be very patient. I think it takes about 40 minutes to copy a fresh system onto my internal SSD.

Attached Files

Branhower

Branhower

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi Branhower: I downloaded your files and looked through them. Some thoughts:

I notice you have ApplePS2Controller and also VoodooPS2Controller as well as AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.
- Try replacing all three of these with the VoodooPS2Controller.kext included in my zip. I don't think you need all this. I tried only using the Voodoo, but the trackpad didn't work. I theorize that the Apple Nub kext fixes this.
Do you need LegacyAppleRTC_32bit_Only? What happens if you remove it? I read that if you install that, the DSDT becomes less important. I included it for redundancy, to make sure everything works.
Do you need PlatformUUID? What happens if you remove it? I needed it to get this thing to boot. Plus, it resolves all UUID Error 35 issues if you put the install partition's UUID in the plist file of the kext. I'll link to a guide on how to do that.
I believe with your setup your machine is running full speed all the time (which will be poor for battery). Try installing VoodooPower from my zip into your /S/L/E. You can monitor your processor speed by downloading and installing CPU-X. If you stop doing anything; you should see it drop to 800Mhz. Thanks for the tip, even though I was getting amazing battery life already. ;) I'm running at 997MHz now (typing this stuff on the desktop).

Can you post the lspci.txt file you got from OSX86Tool.app? I'd like to compare hardware strings.
Already done.

If you have a spare USB drive; would you try formatting fresh and following my instructions exactly (for the 901) using my zip files; boot off USB, and tell me what does/doesn't work? I have a feeling it might just work as-is or with some really small tweak. Other than the LCD itself and possibly a few other small things; I think the 1000he is really similar to the 901. The combination of kexts you are using is similar to what I was using earlier in my testing; and I found I could improve a bit with the ones I used.

^Yeah, following the guide to a tee would have yielded more successful results. The Device ID of my graphics chip match yours! Most of my problems were user errors. :rolleyes:

I will be SO happy if you track down that DSMOS issue. I've been racking my brain for days. I just don't know what causes it. If you get any clues; send them my way. I have a feeling it has something to do with fakesmc.kext. I took a look through that KEXT, nothing suggests that. It may be a countdown in DSMOS itself. I noticed on all first boots I did, it always took exactly 60 seconds for it to load completely. It only happened that one time for me, the rest of the time I get a ~20 sec. boot time.

For me; I use sleep always....as it just instantly goes to sleep, and almost instantly wakes up. But I can imagine that I would power down more often if I had a 30 second boot time :-) - I never use sleep, I just close the lid and call it good.

Of course then I have to re-start my apps and stuff. I dunno; I guess I prefer fast sleep to fast power up still :-)

cpress

cpress

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Wow, the hardware between your 900A and my 901 is almost identical! This is a surprise; since they use different CPUs. Anyway, if you properly install the AppleIntelGMA950.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from my zip into your /S/L/E folder and then fix the permissions and remove the cache; it should just work.

Branhower used "Kext Helper" to install the kexts, and now his video is working correctly. That might be an easier procedure (can anyone please post a link to the "Kext Helper" that works best with 10.6 and any notes on usage). -Thanks

Make sure you do have Natit.kext in there also, and that you DO NOT have any other special video kexts that may have come from that other procedure you followed before.

There were other video kext in the s/l/e folder, lots of ATI kext in there so i removed them. I installed the kext AppleIntelGMA950, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer, and Natit from your "Extensions" folder using Kext Helper then ran osx86 tools and repaired permissions and clear cache. Still no luck. Video is only showing 800x600 and is stretched.

I am running a pretty vanilla install. Here is the link of the guide i used. (http://www.insanelym...howtopic=185823)

MK500

MK500

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 80 posts

There were other video kext in the s/l/e folder, lots of ATI kext in there so i removed them. I installed the kext AppleIntelGMA950, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer, and Natit from your "Extensions" folder using Kext Helper then ran osx86 tools and repaired permissions and clear cache. Still no luck. Video is only showing 800x600 and is stretched.

I am running a pretty vanilla install. Here is the link of the guide i used. (http://www.insanelym...howtopic=185823)

I'm not sure that OSX86Tools is properly clearing the cache in 10.6. Things changed between 10.5 and 10.6. You may want to find Kext Helper or do it manually (I believe steps 9 and 10 in my tutorial).

Do you need PlatformUUID? What happens if you remove it? I needed it to get this thing to boot. Plus, it resolves all UUID Error 35 issues if you put the install partition's UUID in the plist file of the kext. I'll link to a guide on how to do that.

I thought Chameleon 2.0 RC3 takes care of the UUID issues. Are you running RC3? One of the nice things since RC3 is that I haven't had to edit any files with my UUID. I'm not seeing any Error 35 issues in my logs.

cpress

cpress

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I'm not sure that OSX86Tools is properly clearing the cache in 10.6. Things changed between 10.5 and 10.6. You may want to find Kext Helper or do it manually (I believe steps 9 and 10 in my tutorial).

I cleared the kext cache per your instructions. Still no luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy