Help needed 10.6 on Asus p5q

Hobsie

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

I'm pretty new at this so please bear with me. I've spent the better part of a week searching various forums trying to solve some of the issues I'm having with snow leopard on my p5q build but haven't had any luck.

I followed the lifehacker start to finish tutorial to install the retail disk of snow leopard from a bootable disk (in my case USB) which worked a charm. I did however need to delete the DSDT.aml file from the extras folder in order to boot once the install succeeded.

I can boot into SL in 64bit kernal mode perfectly (although if I boot in 32bit mode I get a pushCPU_CSTData fail message in verbose boot).

The list of issues that remain are:

1. My ralink rt2860 wifi card does not work (i've installed 1.1.2.0 driver and made sure to repair permissions as a few places have suggested - This works on my iPC 10.5.6 install)
  2. USB mass storage devices do not work (usb mice/keyboard and sata drives all work)
  3. Ethernet does not work (infact none of my PCI cards show up)
  4. No sound but tbh I haven't even tried to fix this yet (SB audigy and realtek on board)

Everything else works great, in fact I even think sleep is working fine O_o. I have searched hi and low across the net to try find working kexts/plist edits etc but nothing seems to have worked for me so far.

My build:

Asus P5Q (just the basic p5q) - 2102 modded bios from here

Intel C2D e8400 3GHz

4GB DDR2 1066 RAM

Geforce 8800GTX

SB Audigy

Ralink rt2860 based wireless N card

OS setup is:

Snow Leopard retail disk (img backed up onto USB drive)

Chameleon 2 RC3: Modded with extras folder minus DSDT.aml and custom boot (on USB for boot)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best Regards

Hobsie