EVGA X58 w/GT260 Black Screen

jrkilroy

3 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I spent my weekend trying to get Snow Leopard installed on an extra drive on my system. I am using a USB stick install. I can get the stick to boot, chameleon comes up fine, in verbose mode I get line after line of stuff. Eventually, I end up with a black screen right about the time I expect the installer to load.

I am thinking this is possibly a video issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Here is some supporting information:

Chameleon 2.0 RC3

My old Leopard system that I used to build my USB loader is a G5 tower.

The system I am installing to:

EVGA x58 SLI, latest BIOS

EVGA 260 Superclock

Installing to separate 500GB esata drive.

I have not tried a unique EFI string as I can't figure out how to generate on the new computer without a leopard install. I also haven't touched the DSDT for the same reason.

Any suggestions? I've tried all the guides I can, and my Google-Fu is starting to send me back to the same forum threads.

Thank you for your help

Hello All,

I spent my weekend trying to get Snow Leopard installed on an extra drive on my system. I am using a USB stick install. I can get the stick to boot, chameleon comes up fine, in verbose mode I get line after line of stuff. Eventually, I end up with a black screen right about the time I expect the installer to load.

I am thinking this is possibly a video issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Here is some supporting information:

Chameleon 2.0 RC3

My old Leopard system that I used to build my USB loader is a G5 tower.

The system I am installing to:

EVGA x58 SLI, latest BIOS

EVGA 260 Superclock

Installing to separate 500GB esata drive.

I have not tried a unique EFI string as I can't figure out how to generate on the new computer without a leopard install. I also haven't touched the DSDT for the same reason.

Any suggestions? I've tried all the guides I can, and my Google-Fu is starting to send me back to the same forum threads.

Thank you for your help

-x

mode is safe mode with no vid drivers needed.

make your dsdt and EFI string mods then