FakeSMC v2.5 Released

Konami®

57 posts in this topic

works here for a q8200 without any changes.

istat displays the same as temp monitor does. but tempmonitor found four new sensors wich alols display something arround 10000°C wich is {censored} of course. i removed them

I get similar fakesmc erros, not 1 but about 50. For a plus, iStat can read cpu temp and hd temp.

It would be nice to start a thread to figure out how we can get rid of a of log errors. Current solution is to delete the logs hehe

Noobs!!!

Change debug from true to false in Info.plist

After you install the file and restart the device does not work and freezes the boot

What is the solution

Please help

Not to be rude but we cannot read your mind. We would need to know some more information before we can help you such as the .kext/patches you are currently using, what steps exactly you took when installing the fakesmc.kext, exact error message on screen with picture would be nice, you know things like that the more details the better..

Thanks netkas works great.

After you install the file and restart the device does not work and freezes the boot

What is the solution

Please help

Besides not containing information, your post isn't more important than anyone else's. Using bold like this isn't very polite. Also, you lack punctuation, although you get a point for saying please.

<br />Not to be rude but we cannot read your mind. We would need to know some more information before we can help you such as the .kext/patches you are currently using, what steps exactly you took when installing the fakesmc.kext, exact error message on screen with picture would be nice, you know things like that the more details the better..<br /><br />Thanks netkas works great.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I just replaced the old file new file by

In this path:

S\L\E\

I used to BootThink 2.3.18

MY Hardware

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500

Gigabyte - GA-945GCM-S2C

GeForce 8400 GS Video Card - 512MB DDR2

Install method: Snow Leopard 10.6.2

<br /><br /><br />

I just replaced the old file new file by

In this path:

S\L\E\

I used to BootThink 2.3.18

Not familiar with the BootThink but if it is just a boot loader then you cannot simply copy the .kext into there without having repaired the permission after doing so, without the repair the .kext will never load thus giving you an error on boot. You can boot with another install or installer disk mount the partition that contains the operating system and manually correct the permissions to get by the problem if this is what is happening.

<br />Not familiar with the BootThink but if it is just a boot loader then you cannot simply copy the .kext into there without having repaired the permission after doing so, without the repair the .kext will never load thus giving you an error on boot. You can boot with another install or installer disk mount the partition that contains the operating system and manually correct the permissions to get by the problem if this is what is happening.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks for the help

I make the file permissions before rebooting

The problem is when you take boot freezes

If you go back the old file is working

<br /><br /><br />

Thanks for the help

I make the file permissions before rebooting

The problem is when you take boot freezes

If you go back the old file is working

Not sure what is going wrong then, your going to need to describe the error message you see better for us to be able to help you or a picture of the screen with it on it uploaded here so we can see it would help.

haha netkas, thanks.

one more doubt please. before install this kext, my acer stayed with high temperature 77 ~ 82C and now my CPU temperature shows only 58 ~ 67C. Very strange.

@donkey

before this kext i was using Temperature Monitor (Lite), but its dont work after fakesmc. Now I using iStat. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There is modified version of FakeSMC by Slice at projectosx. It modified with ability to monitor CPU temp. This allow iStat utility to monitor CPU temperature. I tried latest revision (rev130) it works but it somehow reset the clock. Right now I have crazy clock on my SL. :) I can't report the bug since I'm not allowed to post anything there (already registered member). ;)

There is modified version of FakeSMC by Slice at projectosx. It modified with ability to monitor CPU temp. This allow iStat utility to monitor CPU temperature. I tried latest revision (rev130) it works but it somehow reset the clock. Right now I have crazy clock on my SL. :) I can't report the bug since I'm not allowed to post anything there (already registered member). :D

I cant post there either ... just email'd the mods (KIng I presume .) ... have tried rev110 with success but no GPU or FAn.

Will try rev140 tonight.

D

I cant post there either ... just email'd the mods (KIng I presume .) ... have tried rev110 with success but no GPU or FAn.

Will try rev140 tonight.

D

I just been informed that we need to get passed a Quiz (New Users Discussion) before we can be able to participate with the "elite" community there. It clear to me that I'm not worthy enough to join such community. :D LOL.

(Except the Quiz, this is just a joke in case somebody without sense of humor read this post.)

I just been informed that we need to get passed a Quiz (New Users Discussion) before we can be able to participate with the "elite" community there. It clear to me that I'm not worthy enough to join such community. :D LOL.

@kizwan,

the quiz is not that difficult u know.

btw, did the key I've been posting fixed your issue with system-type?

@kizwan,

the quiz is not that difficult u know.

btw, did the key I've been posting fixed your issue with system-type?

Still the same, system-type is not visible in ioreg with SystemType in com.apple.Boot.plist. :D I was going to reply about this in your thread but things keep me busy.