FakeSMC v2.5 Released

Konami®

57 posts in this topic

Updated version of fakesmc includes new features:

- Reworked 3rd party patch for reading cpu temps, now kext does it on demand, not in loop. You can use Istat to monitor cpu temps, default tjmax value is 100, you can adjust it Info.plist, works only for intel core 2/core i7.

- Added debug option to plist, possible values - true/false -, if debug is 'false' you will not see messages 'key not found' by default debug is enabled.

- Fixed a small glitch with 'compatible' string.

tjmax values

TJ For 45nm Desktop Processors

45nm Desktop Dual-Core Processors Target TJ

• Intel CoreTM2 Duo processor E8000 and E7000 series 100 C

45 nm Desktop Quad-Core Processors

• Intel CoreTM2 Quad processor Q9000 and Q8000 series 100 C

• Intel CoreTM2 Extreme processor QX9650 95 C

• Intel CoreTM2 Extreme processor QX9770/9775 85 C

TJ For 65nm Desktop Processors corrected on Nov 18

65nm Desktop Dual-Core Processors Stepping: B2 G0

• Intel CoreTM2 Duo processor E6000/E4000 series 80 90 C

• Intel CoreTM2 Extreme processor X6800 80 90 C

65 nm Desktop Quad-Core Processors

• Intel CoreTM2 Quad processor Q6000 series 90 90 C

• Intel CoreTM2 Extreme processor QX6000 series 90 90 C

• Intel CoreTM2 Extreme processor QX68XX 90 90 C

65 nm Intel Celeron Processors Stepping: L2 M0

• E1000 series 75 85 C

• TJ increased on G0 stepping to enable lower cost heatsinks or

quieter systems (slower fan speed)

A big thanks to Netkas for his hard work in behalf of a better hackintosh.

Fakesmc2.5

Netkas Fakesmc 2.5 blog

New version 11/20/2009

you really think the licence will stop either ?

has not stopped them until now so i dont see them paying it any attention.

I quite agree with you. It will probably not going to stop them but at least it will make them liable for sue their ass. I don't know if netkas is going to proceed to do that just for a kext that at the same time is illegal. I doubt it.

Hello there. I'm a "real" Mac user and a recent Hackintosh lover, with my Acer Aspire One, I have been googleing around and reading at Netkas for information on "what is..." and "why is useful..." for FakeSMC. I know Macs have some kind of electronics called "SMC" that you can reset when you are having problems with battery or power issues.

But I would really like to read some information on "FakeSMC", so any source you could point out will be apreciated.

Thanx in advance.

Alex

Hello there. I'm a "real" Mac user and a recent Hackintosh lover, with my Acer Aspire One, I have been googleing around and reading at Netkas for information on "what is..." and "why is useful..." for FakeSMC. I know Macs have some kind of electronics called "SMC" that you can reset when you are having problems with battery or power issues.

But I would really like to read some information on "FakeSMC", so any source you could point out will be apreciated.

Thanx in advance.

Alex

Go to the Netkas site and read about FakeSMC but basically emulates SMC device, smc shows no errors at start (unlike with other emus).

quick question...

what would be the benefit of upgrading from the previous version? (except for the os firmware update suggestion thing)

any performance improvements? any bug fixes?

im thinking "current fakesmc works 100% for me. should i upgrade or nah?"

I didn't notice any improvement or benefit but is good to have something updated.

I hear this kext is pointless when using the voodookernel because of its blacklisting of "dont steal osx" ?

How do I disable the blacklist feature ? Is there a bootswitch I can add ?

Thanks!

i dont think the old voodoo kernel works with snow leo anyway...

according to this, they havent released a voodoo kernel for snow 10.6 yet:

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-dev/wiki/NewsArchive

I find it slightly amusing that in an area where anyone using/making a Hackintosh is actually breaking at least one copyright law, that others consider that a licence for a kext to be used within a Hackintosh would "stand up in court".

Don't get me wrong. I believe in open source, and I also believe that we should have the legal right to use OSX on any machine we want (if we have paid the full retail price for it) and the sooner the courts actually make a ruling on that the better. If I want to buy a Ford engine and put it in my BMW then that should be up to me.....[bTW I don't have a BMW, but I hope you get my point]

The point though is that several people 'out there' are repackaging the efforts (open source or otherwise) of netkas & others in the osx86 scene into purchaseable usb bootloaders or even full blown mac clones. The whole point is that these tools are offered up for free for you to make your OWN usb based chameleon/EFI bootloader or full hackintosh, and not to enable others to profit commercially in a way that jeopardizes the whole scene.

It may not hold up in a court of law, but at least netkas can feel justified in bitching publicly against abusers if his tools are found on iBull{censored} Co's Insta-Mac for only $534.99.

• 2 months later...
Hi, my acer aspire 3690 with celeron m 420, i see this in system.log

FakeSMC: key info not found F1Mn, length - 6

FakeSMC: key info not found F0Mn, length - 6

i mean that this fakesmc dont worked with me, alright? heh

I get similar fakesmc erros, not 1 but about 50. For a plus, iStat can read cpu temp and hd temp.

It would be nice to start a thread to figure out how we can get rid of a of log errors. Current solution is to delete the logs hehe