Snow Leo Vmware - Disabling the CPU...

8 posts in this topic

Hello

I have got the new retail version of Snow Leopard and now i try to install it on my vmware virtual machine.

I've heart that this is possible, isn't it?

This is my hardware configuration:

Intel Core2Duo 6600

2gb Ram

ConRoe945G-DVI

Vmware Workstation 6.5

darwin.iso

With the darwin.iso it is able to run the installtion cd, but after a few time, vmware shows me this error.

invalid front-side bus frequency 45 Hz.

Disabling the CPU...

:wacko:

Hello

I have got the new retail version of Snow Leopard and now i try to install it on my vmware virtual machine.

Intel Core2Duo 6600

2gb Ram

ConRoe945G-DVI

Vmware Workstation 6.5

darwin.iso

With the darwin.iso it is able to run the installtion cd, but after a few time, vmware shows me this error.

Disabling the CPU...

:thumbsup_anim:

It doesn't work as the optimizations for it aren't in current products apart from FUsion 2.0.5.

• 4 months later...
Hello

Intel Core2Duo 6600

2gb Ram

ConRoe945G-DVI

Vmware Workstation 6.5

darwin.iso

Disabling the CPU...

:D

Have you gotten this issue figured out yet. I am having the exact same issue.

Have you gotten this issue figured out yet. I am having the exact same issue.

OK, Where have you been, read Donk's VMware Topic

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1186508

Although it is based on Leopard loads of are up and running with Snow Leopard, but a couple of requirements:

Need VM Workstation 7 or Player 3, need an Intel CPU with VT-x (Virtualisation) enabled, and a copy of retail OS X, then Donk's topic should be all you need. If not try Zenith432's Snow Kitty Topic it may help if you do not have VT-x.

• 1 month later...

Hello

I have problems :)

I do not think because i want to get a way with bought Snow Leopard DVD on my Computer (PC )

I do not understand. Why do Hackers fake us? I am angry for you becasue Mac OS X can not work but i have been readden that word "Bit 32" = Normal Computer. Why does Apple fake us? Please make our support up!

Thank you...

Hello

I have problems :unsure:

I do not think because i want to get a way with bought Snow Leopard DVD on my Computer (PC )

I do not understand. Why do Hackers fake us? I am angry for you becasue Mac OS X can not work but i have been readden that word "Bit 32" = Normal Computer. Why does Apple fake us? Please make our support up!

Thank you...

Hey, tell us what your problems are and hopefully we can help, plenty of us are running retail OS X, under VMware on PC's and it runs great. The Geeks and Legends on this site are here to help, honest!

MSoK!