Best Cards for running 3 monitors

2 posts in this topic

I'm looking to building a new hackintosh. I will be using a GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P mother board and need to run 3 displays.

I've done a lot of reading and it seems like an pair of identicle Nvidia cards will be easiest to configure.

I'm looking to buy two cards for around $100 total that will work to support 3 monitors. I'd like to get a card that has 1 dvi and 1 vga (rather than 2x DVI).

Anyone running this? Can the 7300 do this? What is the difference between GT and GTX?

Apparently even two different cards can work fine. IE: this person is using a 7300GT and 8800GT at the same time:

info1.png

There's also a thread here where someone has two 7300GT cards and three monitors working on an EP45-DS3 system (according to his sig) and at the time of the thread had a 7300GT and GS working on an Asus p5w DH board.

I can't find anything about dual cards on the UD3P board, but I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Looks pretty conclusive that the 7300GT will work great for a dual card Hackintosh setup.

I'm not aware of a 7300 GTX, but the GT is a pretty solid card if you're not doing gaming or heavy 3D.