Snow leopard on p5kc need help after 10.6.1 update

bljarisch

10 posts in this topic

I got it using this method here... http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185838

I didnt do the chameleon rc3.

I deleted all extensions in the extra folder and inserted my own. someone has a post out there with extensions required for p5kc.

used dsdt patcher thingy and dragged dsdt file it created to extras folder.

used osx86tools to insert efi strings for graphics card.

Feel retarded cause i got it working 30 minutes after my first post. whatever

no sound yet? tried voodoohda

Updated 10.6.1. after restart do -f -v....dunno if -f is needed but did it anyway.

Ok problems:

After update to 10.6.1 I cannot repair permissions, nothing was in library/reciepts so i copied all the packages from install disk. still not working. audio not working in 32 bit or 64 bit. (have voodoohda). also cannot see sata drive 3 and 4. bootup takes forever, looks like it hangs a little after firewire security message. gunna work on this more later. Let me know if you guys have any advice on these issues...Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I got it using this method here... http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185838

I didnt do the chameleon rc3.

I deleted all extensions in the extra folder and inserted my own. someone has a post out there with extensions required for p5kc.

used dsdt patcher thingy and dragged dsdt file it created to extras folder.

used osx86tools to insert efi strings for graphics card.

Feel retarded cause i got it working 30 minutes after my first post. whatever

no sound yet? tried voodoohda

Updated 10.6.1. after restart do -f -v....dunno if -f is needed but did it anyway.

Ok problems:

After update to 10.6.1 I cannot repair permissions, nothing was in library/reciepts so i copied all the packages from install disk. still not working. audio not working in 32 bit or 64 bit. (have voodoohda). also cannot see sata drive 3 and 4. bootup takes forever, looks like it hangs a little after firewire security message. gunna work on this more later. Let me know if you guys have any advice on these issues...Thanks

im using a p5kc and do not need a dsdt at all the only mods i use are 5 kexts

i had trouble though with both Chameleon rc2 giving me immediate KP's and RC3 giving me Still waiting on root device.....

search P5KC 10.6 in the search function of the site and fish around for these kexts

APPLEPIIXATA2 is for sata 3 and 4 make sure you install properly

VOODOOHDA is for the on board audio (i believe its an updated version)

the JMICRON.pkg is for ide hard drives if you have any

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Try this pack I put together, it's everything I've used.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzlmlr0ytde

My P5KC install is ~99.9% working thanks to the help of everyone in the OSx86 scene. Special thanks to netkas and Master Chief!

Hey Edge3000, what method did you use? I've been trying for weeks using various methods from this site with your files and others but end up with different KPs. I'm able to install SL in Leopard using SL gold image but after I restart I get KP. It's so fustrating. What are your mobo settins?

I have the same motherboard, E8500, ATi 4850, one hdd with Leopard and another which I'm trying to install Snow Leopard onto.

Any help will be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I got 10.6 to work after a few months of break not messing with it. All I need now is sleep to work. I know there is a tutorial out there to insert stuff into the dsdt but i cant figure it out. can someone help me out? PLEASE...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

can you please explain in detail how you got snow leopard installed on the p5kc? as i have the same motherboard, but can't get past the grey apple logo with the "you have to reboot message" in various languages.

i'll see what if I can get it to work with your mediafire link, but mobo specifications and a guide would be great.

• 5 months later...