Resolution problem on W500 Thinkpad Hackintosh

CWillis767

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am having trouble with my Lenovo Thinkpad W500 hackintosh. The max resolution of my monitor is 1920 x 1200 however the only resolution shown and available is 1024 x 768. I do not have graphics drivers because there are no kext files for my graphics cards (my graphics card is the integrated one which is the Intel GM45 and the discrete one is an ATI FireGL v5700, however, I currently use the integrated one for compatibility issues with the ATI). I have heard many methods of how to force a resolution but I have not seen any straight forward ways. I was wondering does anyone know any ways I can increase my resolution even if it is a little bit?

Sorry I cannot help. Do you mind if I ask a question though?

I have the Lenovo w500 as well and I am having difficulties getting through the snow leopard install. (getting multi-language restart panic screen) I was using the lifehacker guide to help: http://lifehacker.com/5351485/how-to-build...start-to-finish

How did you install it? Did you use any particular resource that you could link me to?

Thanks

Sorry I cannot help. Do you mind if I ask a question though?

I have the Lenovo w500 as well and I am having difficulties getting through the snow leopard install. (getting multi-language restart panic screen) I was using the lifehacker guide to help: http://lifehacker.com/5351485/how-to-build...start-to-finish

How did you install it? Did you use any particular resource that you could link me to?

Thanks

Actually I am currently at 10.5.8 so I do not have 10.6.0 (Snow Leopard) yet. However, my friend bought the retail disk and is currently trying to install it. The install failed after formatting his whole drive to GUID with OS X on the drive. So our next stop is to try to do a clean install on the drive using a bootloader, however, we haven't found a bootloader as of yet so we are stuck until later on today when we go on google and solve that problem but for now, all I know is make sure your whole drive is the guid format (I myself am waiting to install snow leopard because my school gave me this laptop and I don't want to take myself off the domain because then I cant download software, but, I may take an image of my drive).