First Hackintosh

tegguy

6 posts in this topic

Ok hopfully this time it will post. I read on Tom's Hardware about the

Efi-x USB device being pretty much as a joke from how I took it and

it's simply a USB thumb drive with some firmware that they weren't

authorized to use. They mentioned this site on there so thats how I

ended up here. I just don't know where to start on here can anyone

give me some advice? I am building a new PC soon based on the Core i7.

Any advice would be great thank you

Sure I will but for a starter you should definitely not start with 10.6.... Some of the very experienced users still haven't gotten their PC's working on Snow Leopard. What I highly recommend you doing is to start off with this step then once you get this done figure out the rest of your issues.

You first need to acquire 10.5.6 from iPC, I say this because this guy spent tons of time getting his release of OSX to work, it is 100% untouched and unmodified, all the work he did was with drivers and ect. You can find this release by going to a torrent, I cannot give you a link. Just go to your favorite torrent and search for, "iPC 10.5.6 Final" Once your on that version you want to get your drivers for yoru graphics cards and ect, then you'll want to go to netkas.org to get your new dsmos and disabler to upgrade to 10.5.8. Let me know how everything works out!

Thank you for the information. This is going to be a few months before I get to put my system together as I am currently deployed. I am doing my research now so when I get home I will have a general idea so I can build my PC and get everything installed. When I download his torrent I still need to have the USB thumb drive with that software on it don't it?