SL working but how to activate Windows7 again?

tomdek

5 posts in this topic

All,

Thanks for all your help, thx to this Forum I got SL up and running.

I have 2 HDD one dedicated for Win7 and one dedicated for SL. Current the SL HDD is first

device and if I want to boot Win7 i have to change the bios settings (boot order).

Is there any way to get this fixed so i can choose either from EasyBCD or from Chameleon????

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated!!!

(maybe also relevant, i have the old idened install on my win hdd and can succesfully boot through that. So when I can through EasyBCD to the Chameleon bootloader on the same HDD (different partition) I can choose the right partition with SL but get a kernel panic on boot)

Furthermore as I am a NOOB how to see my other (windows)computers in the network???

Thanks again for all your help and keep up the good work!!!!

I figure if you are using Chameleon, at Chameleon boot menu (press any key to see the boot menu), there will be a windows selection. Can you see your boot menu?

Yep I can see all the different partitions but once i select my SL partition it starts booting SL and after a second orso I get the kernel panic and message that I need to reboot.

i have a similar setup with 2 dedicated HDD's. what i did was installed snow leopard with the bios detecting it as the first read drive, then installed win 7 with the bios seeing that drive as first read, afterwards, set it back to snow leopard drive and voila! chameleon rc3 loads win7 and sno leo perfectly

Just found out that when I reinstall Chameleon 2.0 RC3 i get the appropriate bootloader and everything works fine EXCEPT I CANNOT BUT SL anymore, windows works though.

I fixed it by replacing the boot file from the ASUS PQ5L-Pro files which helped me installing SL and everything works again but the GUI of Chameleon is not showing up. What should I do???

Does anyone has a different or better boot file I can use?