• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
How do change the initial boot screen with my own set of default icons?

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts
  • Interests:HacksLikeMacs

How do change the initial boot screen with my own set of default icons?

isodir/Extra/Themes/default/...

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Thank you MaLd0n. I spoke too soon. I was on 1.6. I got the latest now and it is sweet.
It lets me enjoy my own boot screen. Too many kexts loaded. I will have to make another CD with only minimal kexts since I run Vanilla.

ptesone

ptesone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
this is awesome, I've been wanting to make a custom BCD for my AMD setup for snow leopard for sometime, thx for this!

note: it's for an phenom on an xfx nforce btw, I've already made a successful boot 132 BCD for 10.5.8

ptesone

ptesone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

This is actually really convient and easy to use. If I'm correct in saying this, this could be used to create a bootcd to install SL on an AMD machine with the right kernel. :D

did you make one for AMD successfully yet?

spd5mx

spd5mx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Thnx for this, i just replaced the cdboot from BootCDMaker.app/Contents/Resources/loaders/chameleon/usr/standalone/i386 , with the one from chimera r877 and add my extra folder from SL installation in BootCDMaker.app/Contents/Resources/Preboot, builded the cd and was able to install Lion DP4 with no issues at all. works great. Thnx a lot. Regards

dukzcry

dukzcry

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
BootCDMaker hanged in my case on running "say" in it's shell scripts. Environment is 10.6.7. If anybody will experience the same problem, consider of adding something like 'alias say=echo' (missing quotes) in very begining of BootCDMaker's main shell script (and legacy one, if you use it ever).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy