• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

DoctorEvil30564

DoctorEvil30564

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Goth, Darkwave, Techno, Industrial, and Hard Rock Music<br /><br />Hacking (har...
Trauma, has anyone reported success with using bootcdmaker to make a working boot cd for a Intel D945GCLF system?

I've been trying to get a working setup for this, keep running into a lot of weird problems. my most recent attempt tried to boot, but I immediately got a KP about the atom cpu being a unrecognized cpu. I used one of the other chameleon based boot methods with a 8 GB flash drive, so I had the nullcpumangement kext and openhalt and fakesmc kexts,

I'm at work right now so I won't get to try this out until later on this evening. I'm hoping this will work.

just to be on the safe side, is there a recommended app to use to create the smbios.plist / DSDT.aml files for the D945GCLF or should I go without them?

I'm trying to learn as much as possible about this whole process, when I built my hackintosh leopard had been out for quite some time and the boot-132 method was so easy to use that I didn't have to do much more than just burn the iso image I downloaded and then use it to install Leopard.

Thanks for any info you can send me way

VCH888

VCH888

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
Thank you very much, Trauma

I could make a Snow BootCD for my EP35-DS3P without resetting CMOS when BootCDMaker was working on SL only. Burning BootCD.iso on Windows 7. :rolleyes: I tested to install a retail DVD of SL for a few times. It went OK. How? I knew DSDT. aml's working because I patched DSDT with an nVidia injector of 8800GT. After finished installation, I did some the following steps;
- reinserted the BootCD and booted the installed partition and went on the procedure
- installed Chameleon 2.0 RC2 r640.pkg or higher if available
- installed required kexts of PC-OS X in /Extra/Extensions; smbios.plist, com.apple.Boot.plist, and DSDT.aml w/ fixing CMOS resetting into /Extra
- removed everything in /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup
- used Kext Utility for repairing permissions and building mkexts
- opened Disk Utility for Repair Disk Permissions again
- then restarted
- enjoy the OS.

For EP45-UD3R:
- took EP35-DS3P's BootCD.iso to be mounted in Leo 10.5.8.
- copied /Extra to Desktop (not the same as in Preboot.dmg)
- opened Preboot.dmg
- opened /Extra
- replaced DSDT.aml & smbios.plist for EP45-UD3R
- pasted HD4870 1 GB GFX string in com.apple.Boot.plist and saved it
- copied /Extra to a flash drive
working on Windows Vista
- used MagicISO open an EP35-DS3P's BootCD.iso
- deleted /Extra and added /Extra from a flash drive
- saved it with a new name and burnt CD-RW
- restarted the modified BootCD and went on to install SL
- everything went OK.

Now, I can install a retail DVD of SL or use it for booting after restoring backup dmg.

Next time I will learn how to create iso by using command.

elvnox

elvnox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hy, your tool is very great!

Thank's!

But my retail install wont work correct - at the end of the setup the installer brings a error - "osx couldn't be started corectly"

I had this problem everytime when i use chameleon bootfile, with the PCIEFI from netkas is all ok!

Is there any way to change from chameleon to pcefi`

Thank's, elvnox

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:At the moment, OSx86.. In general, music, audiophile, computers.. to much to mention...

But my retail install wont work correct - at the end of the setup the installer brings a error - "osx couldn't be started corectly"

elvnox.. that's just the installer saying that, it can't set the boot partition. The installation is fine ;)

pirloui

pirloui

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
After the dvd boots it says

init
file size:xx
reading sectors:xx
done_

Am I supposed to do something?
I tried to swap the disk and do all the keys on the keyboard, but nothing at all...
Sorry.. Is someone know something, my DVDs are not RW, and I don't have many left...

caiowa

caiowa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Trauma, has anyone reported success with using bootcdmaker to make a working boot cd for a Intel D945GCLF system?

I had success with this:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=183751

And follow my bios setup at post #137

caiowa

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

After the dvd boots it says

init
file size:xx
reading sectors:xx
done_

Am I supposed to do something?
I tried to swap the disk and do all the keys on the keyboard, but nothing at all...
Sorry.. Is someone know something, my DVDs are not RW, and I don't have many left...

Try the "Legacy" mode. And prefer a DVD-RW media.

pirloui

pirloui

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Thank you, merci beaucoup, I will try that.

DoctorEvil30564

DoctorEvil30564

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Goth, Darkwave, Techno, Industrial, and Hard Rock Music<br /><br />Hacking (har...

I had success with this:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=183751

And follow my bios setup at post #137

caiowa

I tried this and it didn't work for me. I verified that my bios settings were correct.

I'll try it again when I have the time. I'm in the middle college Final Exams so I don't have a lot of free time at the moment.

jimmydigital00

jimmydigital00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
This works beautifully on a Rampage II Extreme, Core i7 920 setup.
I am stoked that I was able to find this application.

You are DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!

This is going to save me tons of time in my future endeavors trying to perfect my Snow Leopard installation.

Thanks

JN

VCH888

VCH888

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
Trauma,

I would like to add Snow's Extensions.mkext for Gigabyte (E)P35 & (E)P45, in AHCI mode, so that a BootCD for SL can be made on OS X 10.5.x.
Also, I included my GFX string of HD4870 1GB in com.apple.Boot.plist.

P.S. On Leo, I tried to build a BootCD for booting Snow DVD by taking required kexts into /Extra Contents/Extensions. BootCDMaker built a BootCd.iso and I burnt it to CD-RW by using Windows 7. It loaded but it failed to boot Snow DVD properly and got grey screen for a long time.

To anyone;
If you want to use GFX string, you can put com.apple.Boot.plist which has device-properties of your GFX string into /Extra Contents.

Attached File  Snow_Extensions_mkext.zip   84.73KB   37 downloads

/Extra Contents
-- DSDT.aml //based on your motherboard, HDEF & nVidia injectors may be included, fixed CMOS resetting for Gigabyte.
-- smbios.plist //based on your system, i.e. CPU, RAM, Model what you want, Serial number & so on
-- mach_kernel //get from a retail Snow DVD 10.6
-- com.apple.Boot.plist //if you desire to use GFX string for your graphic card
-- Extensions.mkext

Then, just follow the procedure.

Thank again Trauma.

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Trauma,

I would like to add Snow's Extensions.mkext for Gigabyte (E)P35 & (E)P45, in AHCI mode, so that a BootCD for SL can be made on OS X 10.5.x.
Also, I included my GFX string of HD4870 1GB in com.apple.Boot.plist.

Just add you're SL Extensions.mket to "Extra Contents" and run BootCDMaker. If mkext is present BootCDMaker will use it.

Bye.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,514 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >
I too get ebios errors or failed boots using CD-RWs but not with DVD+RWs.......

pirloui

pirloui

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
My SL DVD just keeps kernel panicking a second after boot. It appears to be disabler.kext not being loaded, and then appleintelcpupowermanagement causing the panick.
Are you guys using disabler? Does it have to be a certain version?
Is FakeSMC an alternative to disabler.kext?
I also tried arch=i386 -legacy but just the same.

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts

My SL DVD just keeps kernel panicking a second after boot. It appears to be disabler.kext not being loaded, and then appleintelcpupowermanagement causing the panick.
Are you guys using disabler? Does it have to be a certain version?
Is FakeSMC an alternative to disabler.kext?
I also tried arch=i386 -legacy but just the same.

FakeSMC is not an alternative for disabler. It is a replacement for dsmos. You need SL versions of nearly all the kext.

Look at the list of SL related kext on Stell's blog and get NullCPUPowerManagement . That should correct the KP you mentioned.

Also, here is a list of SL related sites & tips that came from the #snowleopard IRC channel SL related tips & sites

Hope it helps. Good luck.

genzai

genzai

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Hi Trauma,
I have been using your BootCD Maker very successfully for a couple of weeks now and posted a guide up for my motherboard that uses it.

Is it possible to make a version that uses PCEFI 10.3 as the bootloader? Chameleon RC3 GraphicsEnabler will not work on our boards but PCEFI 10.3 does. This would really help streamline my guide since everyone could use the same com.apple.Boot.plist regardless of video card used.

thanks,
/g

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
genzai,

I can't certify this will work, it should normally. btw if you don't have the cdboot version of PCEFI you will have to use legacy mode.

To replace the bootloader "right click" on the app => "show package content" then navigate to :

Contents/Resources/Scripts/loaders/isolinux and replace "boot" file.

don't touch or change anything else, and this should work fine.

@ All: BootCDMaker have been updated today :) , look at the first post.

miki88

miki88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Did anyone managed to make BootCD with this? I just tried and could not make.

First, Extra Contents is an Alias linking to destop folder of user Tom. Probably wont work because my name is not Tom :P . I fixed alias to link existing folder on my computer, then copied Extensions folder form Extras in that folder. And then I copied mach_kernel , dsdt.aml and boot.plist. When I start building proces I always get this

24-09-18:31:26: #### Boot CD Maker starting process ####
24-09-18:31:29: Work folder created
24-09-18:31:29: Work folder populated
24-09-18:31:29: ## Mkext creation starting ##
24-09-18:31:31: Can't stat /Applications/BootCDMaker_1.2/BootCDMaker.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/Preboot/Extra/Extensions - No such file or directory.
24-09-18:31:31: ## Mkext creation finished ##
24-09-18:31:31: ### File consistancy check failed / Extensions or mkext required ###
24-09-18:31:33: Process aborted / Cleaning up work folder
If someone knows what is the problem, please tell me :P.

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts

Did anyone managed to make BootCD with this? I just tried and could not make.

First, Extra Contents is an Alias linking to destop folder of user Tom. Probably wont work because my name is not Tom :) . I fixed alias to link existing folder on my computer, then copied Extensions folder form Extras in that folder. And then I copied mach_kernel , dsdt.aml and boot.plist. When I start building proces I always get this

24-09-18:31:26: #### Boot CD Maker starting process ####
24-09-18:31:29: Work folder created
24-09-18:31:29: Work folder populated
24-09-18:31:29: ## Mkext creation starting ##
24-09-18:31:31: Can't stat /Applications/BootCDMaker_1.2/BootCDMaker.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/Preboot/Extra/Extensions - No such file or directory.
24-09-18:31:31: ## Mkext creation finished ##
24-09-18:31:31: ### File consistancy check failed / Extensions or mkext required ###
24-09-18:31:33: Process aborted / Cleaning up work folder
If someone knows what is the problem, please tell me ;).

I believe the problem is that the alias you fixed is pointing to the wrong place. On my system, where the app works correctly, the alias points to:
/Users/lrh/BootCDmaker/BootCDMaker_1.1f/BootCDMaker.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/Preboot/Extra
The alias should point inside the application Contents, not to something on your desktop.

Trauma!

Trauma!

Took too much...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
Hy all,

Yeah it's seems like the alias is buggy on the last release. I'll fix that soon. Just try to move BootCDMaker folder to one place to another this should fix the alias bug.

I'm now working on a GUI for the app, this should fix those kind of disagreements.

Bye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy