Help with SL on Supermicro X6DAE-G2

protocol6v

2 posts in this topic

I've been tinkering with my system, finally got Leopard on it, and up to date with 10.5.8. It's running great now, with few problems. The only problems right now are that theres no shadow behind the cursor, QE, CI and QGL are all supported or hardware accelerated. The other problem is the Built in ethernet won't work. It shows up in System prefs but says cable unplugged. I checked around in the Bios and theres nothing there, also i booted windows to make sure it didn't shut down the controller. The weird part is, I had leopard 10.5.4 on this before and the ethernet worked perfectly. If anyone has any suggestions on this, then please tell me.

But that's not what this post is about. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with Snow Leopard on this thing. I've tried a number of times now, with several different how to's, but none have successfully booted. Either it always reboots immediately after the bootloader screen, or it kernel panics immediately. Using -v with the kernel panic, it shows a bunch of yellow "failed to load kext" lines.

Also, can anyone guide me through a step by step on how to patch my DSDT correctly? The DSDT patch GUI generally works, but i have to use the force compile option, where it then says it has about 8 errors and a bunch of warnings.

Thanks!!!

P.S. System Specs:

Supermicro X6DAE-G2

Dual Xeon 3.2GHz

3GB DDR2 3200 ECC

nVidia GTS 250

my choice of either 250, 500 or 1tb Western digital SATA HD.