P5K-SE Snow Leopard 10.6 Vanilla Installation

JD Apolo

54 posts in this topic

Finally. Didn't see this topic before. I'm from 10.5.8 at 10.6.2 now and looking to upgrade to 10.6.8 and maybe lion later.

I started from this topic http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...096&st=960#

I have found 1 user here who got 10.6.8 running on a p5k se so i'm gonna try after i've backuped everything.

Also lion works according to HAL so maybe but first see this.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I konow the last pot on this threat has some time now, and that most of peopple have moved their hackintosh into Lion System, but I really apreciated if any could take some time and help me! I managed to get most of things to work by ######+###### Retail Installation meto.

My problem is, when i try to ComboUpdate to 10.6.8, before the progres bar starts to fill I'm prompt with a error message, I don't know if it has something to do with pathed AHCI Bios (fatory BIOS do not support AHCI)

Salut!

PS. All my appologies if i have written down something "wrong" I'm from catalonia and it's been some time since my lasts writtings.

Hi I am new to the hackintosh world and would like to use my P5K-SE based system to run Snow Leopard.

I did a bit of research and fould this post which will be a good starting point for me.

However I noticed the files in the Extra folder is no longer available for download.

Does anyone has a copy of the files mentioned in this post?

TIA.