DSDT for ALC882 and others - Please help to make a guide!

failo

37 posts in this topic

Did anyone get the mic working? Using these kexts got me sound but no mic. The front mic doesn't work either.

OUT it displays: line-out, headphones and digital-out (only using line-out dono about the others)

IN it shows: internal mic and line-in (but it doesn't seam to work)

I got this without DSTL editing. in DSTL i have "Device (AZAL)" which I tried to erase or replace it with the "Device (HDEF)" from first post but gave me an error when compiling with DSTL editor.

Any solutions? I just want the line-out and internal mic to work (don't care for the digital out or spif), maybe also a line in but I can't test or use line in for now.

• 1 month later...

aw damn, I have 64-bit snow on my P5W Dh deluxe and just then when I went to play my guitar through the line in I discovered it didn't work ;) none of my inputs work now, even though they always worked in leopard!

Will I ever get perfect sound again?

• 2 weeks later...
i have tried guide from http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-how-t...da-to-sl-t3981/

to patch alc882 P5W DH DELUXE, and i got all output worked (included Digital output), but screwed something about mic? Maybe about dsdt settings?

Again, only guide to make AppleHDA work for Digital Output can i find.

Sorry for my english.

If you find this useful, i can atach kext.

Are you using any other kexts/DSDT with your sound kext? I created a new AppleHDA.kext myself, using the infinintemac guide that you referenced, but upon installation and reboot I got nothing, not even output... Now I have installed the kext you made and have had no luck with it either.

After installing each of the kexts I removed VoodooHDA from /Extra/Extensions/ then rebuilt Extensions.mkext, booting with -f also fails to load either driver. I think it may have something to do with my DSDT, which is the same one I created in Leopard long ago (has NO sound stuff added).

I am also on a P5W DH Deluxe.

soon as I get my new 1TB drive I'm gonna install Win 7 and Leopard, then see where I can go from there. May end up sticking with leopard if I can't get input, as I really love playing guitar and recording on my hackintosh ;)

There seem to be millions of methods to get sound working, what else could we try? EFI strings? Pin configs? I don't really know, we need someone pro (*hint* *hint*)

mic.mac.hack, try the kexts posted by matemago (3rd or 4th post in this thread) if you're on Snow Leopard. That's the best solution i've found so far. As it seems no one (with needed knowledge :)) has done a DSDT patch for ALC882.

Bye!

mic.mac.hack, try the kexts posted by matemago (3rd or 4th post in this thread) if you're on Snow Leopard. That's the best solution i've found so far. As it seems no one (with needed knowledge :D ) has done a DSDT patch for ALC882.

Bye!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

OMG!! THESE KEXTS HAVE MADE MY INPUTS WORK O_O!

I am so pumped! Thanks so much matemago and YoMuS.

Just installing Garageband now to test the line-in (in sys prefs it shows input levels relevant to how loud I pluck the guitar strings!).

Then I'm gonna do like a buzillion reboots and make sure IT STAYS FIXED

WHOOT!

Ok, it is working PERFECT. Front panel mic works (not back), so does line-in, headphones and line-out! whoot!

mic even works after reboot.

for the record I've got my audio set to "Vista" mode in the BIOS, not sure whether it makes any difference...

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE AGAIN!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...