[ PRE-INSTALL AUTOMATOR v1.1 ] for easily installing vanilla snow leo.

dj nitehawk

281 posts in this topic

I hope I get a response here. I have been trying to find a way to get my system to run, with no luck. Yesterday, I found another member who has a very similar system to mine and got it up & running using this method. So, today I tried and got farther than I have been able to.

A quick history.

Running an Intel DG31PR with a Core 2 Duo E7200 4gb memory. Video is an ASUS EN8400GS Silent, contains onbaord Audio & Networking. Using the Empire EFI boot disk, I have been able to get Snow up & running. However, because I am booting from a CD, I am unable to change the KEXTs and as a result the video is not recognized. So, looking for a new way to go and this seems to be it.

I have followed your directions and made as many changes as I could find in the BIOS in Tip 0. When I boot, I am actually making some headway, but then I get an error saying it is still waiting for the root device. If I wait, the line keeps generating itself.

I took a photo of my screen where the error pops up, maybe someone could look and see if anything stands out to you?

post-484928-1265670900_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Randy

hi,

ive forgotten most of this stuff cos i havent fiddled around with osx in a long time... but...

as far as i can remember, it looks like your hdd controller/disk is having trouble...

or it could even be a USB thing...

let me suggest you try something first...

if empire efi works for you, you can simply grab all the kexts from empire efi and place then in /snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions

it should be ok to replace any existing ones with the empire efi kexts...

and run the script again... it will update your os with the kexts from empire efi... i dont think it would be necessary to re install osx...

let me know how u go...

hi,

ive forgotten most of this stuff cos i havent fiddled around with osx in a long time... but...

as far as i can remember, it looks like your hdd controller/disk is having trouble...

or it could even be a USB thing...

let me suggest you try something first...

if empire efi works for you, you can simply grab all the kexts from empire efi and place then in /snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions

it should be ok to replace any existing ones with the empire efi kexts...

and run the script again... it will update your os with the kexts from empire efi... i dont think it would be necessary to re install osx...

let me know how u go...

Normally I would say that sounds great, in fact that was kind of what I was thinking however...

When I search the Empire CD there are no kexts showing up (remember I am booting with it). Part of the reason for the change away from Empire is so I can actually make these changes on my computer and get the video actually working. So, frustration sets in. ;)

Normally I would say that sounds great, in fact that was kind of what I was thinking however...

When I search the Empire CD there are no kexts showing up (remember I am booting with it). Part of the reason for the change away from Empire is so I can actually make these changes on my computer and get the video actually working. So, frustration sets in. ;)

i think you can just download empire efi package and extract the kexts using an application such as pacifist... if you cant simply do it with the finder... try mounting the iso/dmg files inside the downloaded empire efi to find the kexts... if not, get pacifist...

good luck!

Hello it's me again.

I have setup the USB thumb drive MAC OS X Snow Leopard. It install and everything very easily. The only problem i can't resolve is that i can't boot into MAC OS X without booting from thumb drive. I tried installing chameleon and some other bootloader but with no luck.

In chameleon i get to the boot menu ( i have Win7 also ) and select the MAC OS X to boot. It shows the apple's logo and loading animation. It stucks there.

A bit long time ago i managed to do the Chameleon (older version i think) so it did boot, but without "kernels" - drivers, so that resolution was 640x480 or something like that and nothing has worked (no USB support, no keyboard, no mouse etc.) - even when i did put those same drivers from thumb drive into chameleons folder to load up.

I'm thinking that booting up (not from thumb drive) has to be a little bit more complicated here, since it's retail snow leopard...

Thank you for your help & time...

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...