Chameleon RC3 vs. Netkas 10.1 boot, EFI GFX String - resolution warped in SL

laatmaarzien

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

It might be a weird question, however I have run into a minor issue with replacing Netkas 10.1 boot file with that from Chameleon RC3's. I have my 7600GT's EFI String in the com.apple.Boot.plist.

It seems as soon as I replace Netkas' 10.1 boot file, the native resolution on my Hacki goes from full HD 1920x1200 to 1024x768 in Snow Leopard, with no other options in Display. Someone told me that I should include a boot flag for Graphics Mode, but it strikes me as odd that Netkas' 10.1 boot file would work out the box, and require no boot flags while Chameleon's doesn't work. This is what I have in my plist.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
 <key>Kernel</key>
 <string>mach_kernel</string>
 <key>Kernel Flags</key>
 <string></string>
 <key>device-properties</key>
<string>a203<--rest of the string-->00000</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I assume it is working using the Chameleon RC3 boot file since I get to the Desktop even though the resolution is warped. I am not adequately educated on why this happens. Any ideas/solutions on how to make this work?

Any ideas where I might be going wrong? I feel the answer is simple, but it has been bugging me since forever. I don't get any graphics tearing etc, but the resolution with RC3 is stuck at 1024x768. I have gone back to Netkas' 10.1 in the meantime, and all is fine.

Any ideas where I might be going wrong? I feel the answer is simple, but it has been bugging me since forever. I don't get any graphics tearing etc, but the resolution with RC3 is stuck at 1024x768. I have gone back to Netkas' 10.1 in the meantime, and all is fine.

Try adding another bootflag to your boot.plist(like <key>GUI</key>,<string>N</string> or any other one you want, that way you can tell for sure that rc3 is loading from that boot.plist.

Also,I'm pretty sure that adding graphics mode to the boot.plist will only change resolution for the boot graphics, not once you are at your desktop.

Cant be much more help as I added my graphics info to my dsdt a while ago, and dont use device properties in my boot.plist with snow.

Good luck and let us know what fixes your problem.