P5Q & 10.6.1 Retail

Quazaban

118 posts in this topic

This is what I did to remove the "acpi_smc_platformplugin::pushCPU_CSTData......" issue when booting through Chameleon on my leopard partition. Previously I was only able to get into OSX from the BootCD provided in this tutorial.

You will need: P5Q.zip and kexthelper from the first post by Quaza

Restating Quaza's directions:

1. Install Chameleon RC2 from the package provided in P5Q.zip

2. Download MainMenu, install it and use it to reveal hidden files.

3. Move the 'boot' file you find in your Snow Leopard partition to the trash.

4. From P5Q.zip take the 'boot' file from the RC3 folder and drop it where the old one was.

5. Now go to the root of your S.Leopard partition, click Extras, then open the Extensions folder

6. Put ALL the .kext files you got from P5Q.zip and drop them in the root\extras\extensions folder you just opened. Replace the old ones if duplicates are found.

7. Open "Kext Helper" and drag all the kext files you just put in 'root\extras\extensions' to the kext helper window.

8. Insert your snow leopard password if any, and then click on easy install.

9. Restart without BootCD and see if you can get into Snow Leopard

Ah, I got your point, you assume that I am able to boot SL "someway", but my problem is that I can't boot it and therefore I can't use kexthelper.

I made it. It works.

First of all, that Boot CD does not work with P5Q-E from some reason. I bought SATA DVD RW for nothing, it would not boot. I had to improvise. Because I already have iDeneb on separate hard drive, it was easy. Restored image on empty partition, and copied contents of boot CD to that partition. Then i restarted and Boot CD worked from partition. I started install from partition, and instaled it. Later was I instaled Chameleon 2.0 RC3 and struggled with kexts. And now all works except some annoyances.

I restart/shutdown does not work. I used OpenHaltRestart.kext but as soon I apply GFX string for mu 8800GT, it stops working.

Other thing is that other LAN controler does not work and I need it. Does someone know how to fix this on P5Q-E?

I made it. It works.

First of all, that Boot CD does not work with P5Q-E from some reason. I bought SATA DVD RW for nothing, it would not boot. I had to improvise. Because I already have iDeneb on separate hard drive, it was easy. Restored image on empty partition, and copied contents of boot CD to that partition. Then i restarted and Boot CD worked from partition. I started install from partition, and instaled it. Later was I instaled Chameleon 2.0 RC3 and struggled with kexts. And now all works except some annoyances.

I restart/shutdown does not work. I used OpenHaltRestart.kext but as soon I apply GFX string for mu 8800GT, it stops working.

Other thing is that other LAN controler does not work and I need it. Does someone know how to fix this on P5Q-E?

What image?

I tried to use your Boot CD but after I insert my Snow Leopard Install DVD Version 106 2Z691-6428-A (from my wife's Mac Mini). I get the Chameleon logo and it just sits there forever. It seems to try accessing hard drives but never gets to any Snow Leopard screen.

My config is:

P5Q-PRO with Q9550

4GB RAM

4870 video cards (2 of them, I know crossifre probably won't work but even if it just uses one that is fine)

SATA DVD Drive

SATA Caviar Blue 500GB (I am dedicating this one for the SL installation)

I installed Juzzi BIOS 2102-BIOS-Asus P5Q PRO for MAC OS X VISTA Slic all OS incl. by Juzzi.ROM.zip

I am using AHCI. Disabled Marvell controller. S3 resume = yes.

I assume that my issue is because I have the 4870 graphics card and yo made your Boot CD for an Nvidia card?

I tried looking over the BootCDMaker instructions but don't understand them (I am brand new to this).

Help? Pointers? Really appreciate it.

Thank you for the guide and all the help

However, for a reason that I cannot understand, probably some bios option, both BootCDs* mentioned in this thread will not start the computer and fail with a memory allocation error code : 0xdeadbeef

My setup : Asus P5Q Deluxe, ATI Radeon HD 3450, 4GB DDR2, perfectly working leopard install, boot-132 from USB stick

Any hint appreciated

*by quaza and vovockav

SOLVED : the problem was apparently caused by an extra USB disk attached to the computer. Removing that solved the issue.

Hello!

I tried the approach described in the topic, but I can't load the BootCD at all! When I have AHCI activated, all I get is "Read errors" when booting Chameleon. Chameleon eventually hangs, which leaves me unable to choose boot source.

With AHCI disabled, Chemeleon loads but I get "Still waiting for root device" when booting the SL DVD.

I've burned two copies of BootCD.

I'm using P5Q SE with the correct modified BIOS.

Thanks,

nu1mlock

when i update my bios with the modified one, my windows 7 installation does not work. So i updated it from the latest one from asus. I am now getting "0x(something)" errors when i boot from the cd.

my setup

p5q deluxe

intel c2d e8400

4 gb ram

ati 4850

750 gb sata(windows)

80 gb pata (want to install os x on this drive)

do i need a working os x installation for this to work

Try this boot cd http://uppit.com/v/P1PS0CLV (from topic 10.6 Generic Retail Install Guide, [Compilation] Boot-132 Disc + Hidden EFI Partition + USB Bootloader). It work.

My config:

e8400

asus p5q pro

hd 4870 1gb toxic

Good luck.

Thanks! Well this gets me to a gray screen and then it just sits there forever. Maybe the difference is that my 4870 is only a 512MB (rather than your 1GB version)? Or that I have two 4870's in crossfire (although I don't expect the crossfire to work... I assume that just one will).

Any chance of getting your boot disk modified for a 512MB 4870?

Thanks, works perfectly on my P5Q deluxe - with nvidia 260 gtx g card - the only things i changed were:

I modified the boot.plist with my efi string for my graphics card.

It seemed to take a very long time to install though - also when the install got to the end in said that it could not install properly... i just ignored and rebooted.

Hey Dynamo,

I have the same P5Q Deluxe board and I am getting a Panic saying error code= 0x0000000000000... when trying to boot into the install. I have a GTS 250 card and and IDE DVD+RW drive. Are you using a SATA DVD or an IDE? I cannot figure out for the life of me why I can't get into the install. What bios did you use? I installed the 2001 bios. S3 is turned on as well as ACPI2. Did you change anything in the iso file before burning it?

Hey Dynamo,

I have the same P5Q Deluxe board and I am getting a Panic saying error code= 0x0000000000000... when trying to boot into the install. I have a GTS 250 card and and IDE DVD+RW drive. Are you using a SATA DVD or an IDE? I cannot figure out for the life of me why I can't get into the install. What bios did you use? I installed the 2001 bios. S3 is turned on as well as ACPI2. Did you change anything in the iso file before burning it?

You need a SATA DVD Drive and a USB Keyboard & Mouse

Just installed SL from original DVD through Boot-132 method without any bios modding.

I used this BootCD

http://www.mediafire.com/?tvqmzuztjnh

My system specs:

CPU PSN : Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz

MB Brand : Asus

MB Model : P5Q-WS

NB : Intel P45/P43 rev A3

SB : Intel 82801JR (ICH10R) rev 00

RAM : OCZ 8192 MB DDR2 Dual Channel (4X2GB)

GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

HDD: WD VelociRaptor 150GB SATAII

DVD-WRITER: HL-DT-ST-DVD-RAM LG SATA

Monitor: LG W2442PA

At the end of the installation I got a success message. No errors!

Time remaining was not shown correctly, jumped from 28 minutes back to 30. Took probably 40 to 50 minutes to install from DVD.

Video card and monitor were recognized natively as well as Realtek LAN and FireWire.

Monitor resolution automatically was in Full HD 1920 x 1080.

Processor is seen with 4 cores. Memory also!

Marvell 88SE6121 Ext SATA controller had to be disabled in the BIOS.

RealTek ALC1200 is still not working. But I have not applied the kext yet...

Also when I connect Toshibe 2GM USB flash drive system hangs. I have to power down the PC.

Also CDs will not eject after I intall any package that requires a reboot. If I agree to reboot after the installation, DVD drive will not open after I press the button. I have to turn off the PC in order for drive to open the tray.

II / bios settings:

Now you need options [s3] and ACPI2 of activated. Warning some P5Q XXX do not have these options but this does not necessarily pose problems. But for those who have the option not to forget them.

To avoid KernelPanic in the advanced settings processor bios, disabled the C1E Support, Max CPUID Value Limit, CPU TM function, Execute Disable Bit, Intel ® SpeedStep ™. Normally it will solve many problems. Just let Intel ® Virtualization Tech to Parallels Desktop for example.

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has 2 graphic cards working on the P5Q Deluxe. I've 2 8600GTS (passive) and would love to drive my 4 screens on 1 Hackintosh instead of having to use 2 to use all screen size.

I've added a device-properties string into the com.apple.Boot.plist and it's works great - for one card. As I'm not able to run NVkush because it's 32bit, I'm stuck here at the moment.

Hope that's not too off-topic :)

Thanks in advance!

Ciao

Nemo