P5Q & 10.6.1 Retail

Quazaban

118 posts in this topic

Doesn't work for my P5Q-PRO

I flashed my BIOS with:

2102-BIOS-Asus_P5Q_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X_&_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM

and changed IDE to AHCI and activated ACPI2 and S3

Burned the BootCD which boots fine, but when I boot from my retail DVD it hangs after the following line:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourcematching(AppleintelCPUPower managment)) time out

I have been trying al the possible methods for this motherboard, but I always get this error. It seems to be stuck somewhere.

i have the same problem.help

Well, I managed to install SL, but when I boot it hangs on this line: " ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin blah blah blah AppleIntelCPUManagement timed out bla bla "

Any thoughts?

And by the way, I have P5Q Pro MB with HD4870

Should I put ATI4800Controller.kext into the Extension folder in /Extra?

Thank you so much for this tutorial! Followed the steps mentioned exactly and now I boot into Snow Leopard with sound and Lan working. However, I was never able to boot into SL from Chameleon on the Leopard partition, only with the boot CD it works.

My Specs are as follows:

ASUS PQ5 Pro

Intel Q6600

nVidia 8800GT

a -v boot with Chameleon stops with this message:

acpi_smc_platformplugin::pushCPU_CSTData......

Any suggestions to make this work? Almost there!

EDIT: btw im also using the modded 2102 from Juzzi

Well, I managed to install SL, but when I boot it hangs on this line: " ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin blah blah blah AppleIntelCPUManagement timed out bla bla "

Any thoughts?

And by the way, I have P5Q Pro MB with HD4870

Should I put ATI4800Controller.kext into the Extension folder in /Extra?

i have the same message and i have hd 4870 too.the problem is not video driver.the video driver need to be installed after snow leopard installation not before.the problem is another

Hi,

I try maybe 10 times to install 10.6

1.Restore image 10.6 RETAIL to my 2nd hard disk and try to boot it Camelot boot loader start u run -v see the output then screen start gray and I see mouse pointer after 1-2 min get colored circle (OS X waitng) and thats it 15 min only this.

2.Try with BOot CD i boot then remove CD put 10.6 retail DVD in my DVD and hit F5 wait a bit and i see BOOT from "Mac OS X install DVD" and run from it i see gray screen after 5-10 min I get icon for problem circle with line in it.

3.I try to install with OSinstall.mpkg install DT patcher Boot loader change my com.apple.boot.plist then smbios.plist

and I cant boot it

I try to get screen with language but i dont get there someone to know what's going on

I try to change video card with Palit 9800 GT but same gray screen.

i have the same message and i have hd 4870 too.the problem is not video driver.the video driver need to be installed after snow leopard installation not before.the problem is another

We are doomed. :)

a -v boot with Chameleon stops with this message:

acpi_smc_platformplugin::pushCPU_CSTData......

Yeah, exactly this message.

What install disc did you use, etc. Also let me know how the 4850 support turns out, as I have a 4870.

Hi,

I have installed SnowLeopard through Leopard (Leopard is on an external hdd)

I've installed Chameleon RC3 with kext , and finally reboot and launched SnowLeopard with "-x" command.

If you don't have a USB keyboard (like me :wallbash: ) , simply put VoodooPS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in Extra\Extensions

About 4580 , try this way:

Works 64bit...

Edit Info.plist - ATI4800Controller.kext

..…..……

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x94421002 0x944a1002</string>

..…..…………………..

add EVOenabler.kext Clik

:(

P.S.

source: click

Bye

Hi,

I have installed SnowLeopard through Leopard (Leopard is on an external hdd)

I've installed Chameleon RC3 with kext , and finally reboot and launched SnowLeopard with "-x" command.

If you don't have a USB keyboard (like me :( ) , simply put VoodooPS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in Extra\Extensions

About 4580 , try this way:

Bye

Could you please provide us your /Extra folder, thank you.

It worked! I just put all the Kexts in the chameleon-extra-extensions folder and i dragged and dropped them into kext helper, put my password, then clicked on easy install, everything booted fine ;)

Thank you so much Silverstone :)

i can't understand.what did you do?

This is what I did to remove the "acpi_smc_platformplugin::pushCPU_CSTData......" issue when booting through Chameleon on my leopard partition. Previously I was only able to get into OSX from the BootCD provided in this tutorial.

You will need: P5Q.zip and kexthelper from the first post by Quaza

Restating Quaza's directions:

1. Install Chameleon RC2 from the package provided in P5Q.zip

2. Download MainMenu, install it and use it to reveal hidden files.

3. Move the 'boot' file you find in your Snow Leopard partition to the trash.

4. From P5Q.zip take the 'boot' file from the RC3 folder and drop it where the old one was.

5. Now go to the root of your S.Leopard partition, click Extras, then open the Extensions folder

6. Put ALL the .kext files you got from P5Q.zip and drop them in the root\extras\extensions folder you just opened. Replace the old ones if duplicates are found.

7. Open "Kext Helper" and drag all the kext files you just put in 'root\extras\extensions' to the kext helper window.

8. Insert your snow leopard password if any, and then click on easy install.

9. Restart without BootCD and see if you can get into Snow Leopard