Pentium D in a Power Mac G5 case

Korrupted

2 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
I was just curious, because in the future I want to upgrade to a Pentium D, and I want to build a PC with a Power Mac G5 case. :spam:

You can, but you have to mod the case as it is not compatible with an atx mobo. I am currently waiting for my case to arrive (they are not cheap :censored2: but look the dogs bollocks :gun: ). The standoffs that are in the case can be removed with pliars as they are only glued on! You then have to line up the motherboard with the bottom pci slot so your gpu lines up with it. Then you have to mark the postions for the standoffs with your mobo in that position then glue them in that position (i can't remember what glue to use now!). Depending on how you want your case to look you can cut out the rear ports as it isnt compatiable with an atx mobo or leave them as if you use usb u don't really need any ports on the mobo. After you have your mobo in, you can really do it as you would a standard pc, the front power/usb/firewire takes a bit of work though. A quick google search brings up people who have done the mod. Check this out , a few people have done it on ths forum