Retail 10.6 for Asrock owners

iSynapse

60 posts in this topic

Hello Asrock owners....as you already know osx86 on Asrock mobo is quite hard to install...well I tryed several times using iDeneb (other distros as well) and retail of course with no luck...but today after my first try with this boot132 made by blackosx I managed to install retail with my first try without any problems or tweakings :D ....i was astonished by the result.

Anyway without makeing this post long....just use the boot132 to install your retail SL, put the kexts from the Preboot.dmg in your extra folder + your favourit Video and Audio drivers and ofcourse Chameleon 2 RC3 and there you go...a perfectly running retail SL on Asrock (mine were Asrock Conroe1333-D667 and G31M-S - both working not good...but very good :D )

So I hope you manage to get it working as I did...good luck...

Heyy I also have a Asrock Conroe 1333-d667 R1.0 motherboard current bios v1.60, could u tell me what bios version ur using and also what settings u have in the bios, and could u also tell me which version of the boot cd from blackosx ur using, i tried ur method but the install just hangs at the grey apple screen, tried multiple boot 132 cd's from blackosx also, v1.01 and 1.09 both hang at the grey screen. I really need to install Leopard. Please Help!!!! :mellow: ;)

• 2 months later...
+1 for me with this great boot CD, I have a 945GCM-S and this helped me no end.

I now have a rock solid 10.6.2 install [all vanilla] - no modified kexts on S/L/E with reboot/sleep/shutdown etc

Only issues is after sleep and wake system will shutdown but not fully reboot.

Hello,

I read this topic and tried all possible tricks (-v; -x; cpus=1; arch=i386). I have the same mobo as above but I couldn't dl the Boot132 file here, so I used the original blackosx BootCD w/o knowing if that's right. It didn't work.

Any hint or could someone send me the Boot-132 from this topic?

Thx.

JD

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi!

Can somebody let me know what version of the boot-132 cd was on the first post? The link doesn't work and I would love to try this method on an 945GCM-S mobo that I purchased at a garage sale last weekend.

Thanks

Hi!

Can somebody let me know what version of the boot-132 cd was on the first post? The link doesn't work and I would love to try this method on an 945GCM-S mobo that I purchased at a garage sale last weekend.

Thanks

go here.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=#entry1632073

only install Ethernet and NVEnabler. I tried the audio and a few others and they caused crashes at startup requiring reinstallation. download and install Chameleon 2 RC4 but make sure to copy Extras folder content before restart otherwise you will be forced to use the boot132 CD for startup. Install Mac OS X 10.6.7 Combo Update from download and resintall Ethernet afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...
go here.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=#entry1632073

only install Ethernet and NVEnabler. I tried the audio and a few others and they caused crashes at startup requiring reinstallation. download and install Chameleon 2 RC4 but make sure to copy Extras folder content before restart otherwise you will be forced to use the boot132 CD for startup. Install Mac OS X 10.6.7 Combo Update from download and resintall Ethernet afterwards.

Thanks a million. I will try it next weekend (swamped with work) and will report back.

~fagosu

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after a weekend of installing/screwing up/installing again/screwing up again (you get the idea) I was able to install 10.6.3, but Chameleon RC3 always gives me a "install failed" message and after rebooting only the blinking cursor shows.

I changed to RC5 and now the bootloader loads and presents me with the HDD, but when selected BOOM, kernel panic. I already put the preboot.dmg kexts in Extra/Extensions and from the cd boots OK but from the HD fails (SATA HD and DVD).

I will try again next weekend and report back

• 9 months later...