Retail 10.6 for Asrock owners

iSynapse

60 posts in this topic

I too have an Asrock Conroe945G-DVI and Nvidia 8800GT. Please can you post the files on your Extra folder and also what kext files you use to get your rig up and working. Thanks

The kexts I used are in the boot cd posted in the first thread...use that...it should work.

Hello Asrock owners....as you already know osx86 on Asrock mobo is quite hard to install...well I tryed several times using iDeneb (other distros as well) and retail of course with no luck...but today after my first try with this boot132 made by blackosx I managed to install retail with my first try without any problems or tweakings :unsure: ....i was astonished by the result.

Anyway without makeing this post long....just use the boot132 to install your retail SL, put the kexts from the Preboot.dmg in your extra folder + your favourit Video and Audio drivers and ofcourse Chameleon 2 RC3 and there you go...a perfectly running retail SL on Asrock (mine were Asrock Conroe1333-D667 and G31M-S - both working not good...but very good :hysterical: )

So I hope you manage to get it working as I did...good luck...

hi

the link for download the bootloader doesnt work anymore, would you please upload it to megaupload or rapidshare for us?

Thanks!!

Since my original posting I've managed to get Snow Leopard running very nicely on my ASRock ConRoe945G-DVI board and it should work on any other board that can run the Boot CD (from blackosx - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=180954).

The posting and guide can be found at:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190718

Since my original posting I've managed to get Snow Leopard running very nicely on my ASRock ConRoe945G-DVI board and it should work on any other board that can run the Boot CD (from blackosx - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=180954).

The posting and guide can be found at:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190718

Reporting a full success with ASRock ConRoe945G-DVI. Used blackosx boot cd version 1.01 (NOT, repeat, NOT version 1.04) and SL installation on a flash drive (DVD swap method works too, however). Legasy USB support should be enabled in bios to allow installing from USB drive.

I use nVidia 9800 GT video, however, not GMA. Enabled it through strings.

Thanks a million, webplus!

UPDATE: Successful installation onto an IDE drive on the same rig. It's good to put an old drive to use :D

Just wanted to expand the list of ASRock boards now successfully running SL to include the Wolfdale 1333-D667 R2.0 thanks to this thread. My full specs include an Intel E2180, 4 GB of DDR2 667, 250 GB Seagate sata drive, Lite-On dvd drive. I'm currently running the onboard GMA 950 but have a BFG 9400 GT with 512 MB of memory waiting to be installed. Oh yes, the built-in lan (RTL8169E) works with driver I use with Leopard 10.5.7 (32 bit mode only). The built-in audio ALC662 works with AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (provided in one of the posts in this thread). Thanks again for sharing your experience.

I didn't find your posting in this thread. Which number does it have?

Do you think this dsdt.aml might work for an ASrock 945G-DVI or could be adapted to it easyly?

I did not post in this thread, I just follow it.

Yes, it will work for desktop GMA950 mobo.

It is not difficult, you just need to add some code to your dsdt file.

I Have a conroe133 d667 and I still can not boot in 64 bit(still waiting for boot device), 32 runs smooth.

My bios ATA/IDE Configuration is set compatible and Im using netkas AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext.

wondering which bios update everyone is on.

I'm using a patch dsdt.aml (i notice in Synapse's guide no memtion of it) but I get kernel panics without it.Maybe I should use dsdt.aml that on the preboot.img

I could sure use some help.

Reporting a full success with ASRock ConRoe945G-DVI. Used blackosx boot cd version 1.01 (NOT, repeat, NOT version 1.04) and SL installation on a flash drive (DVD swap method works too, however). Legasy USB support should be enabled in bios to allow installing from USB drive.

I use nVidia 9800 GT video, however, not GMA. Enabled it through strings.

Thanks a million, webplus!

UPDATE: Successful installation onto an IDE drive on the same rig. It's good to put an old drive to use :)

Thanks for the feedback, I've just edited the original post to include version 1.01 of the boot CD with a download link which is available at:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=42da53e...04e75f6e8ebb871

• 4 weeks later...

I`m going almost crazy with SL on the AsRock ConRoe 1333 DVI/H - the system works great so far, but shutdown & restart just won`t, sometimes it works, most of the time not. OpenHaltRestart.kext is installed and running, I tried with dsdt and without, so far no success. Any hints for me?

As seen in the signature I`m running the MB with a 7600GT (EFI-string), if it has something to do with that.

Thanks

I`m going almost crazy with SL on the AsRock ConRoe 1333 DVI/H - the system works great so far, but shutdown & restart just won`t, sometimes it works, most of the time not. OpenHaltRestart.kext is installed and running, I tried with dsdt and without, so far no success. Any hints for me?

As seen in the signature I`m running the MB with a 7600GT (EFI-string), if it has something to do with that.

Thanks

Try this instead of Psystar's OpenHaltRestart, it might work.

Hi,

Did you manage a clean install or did you run out of existing Leopard?

Asking as I've and ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 mobo and got it up to 10.5.8 using iPC 10.5.6 and then iDeneb 10.5.8. It dual boots fine with Windows 7 Ultimate too. Looking to upgrade to Snow Leopard though. Once I figured out how to upgrade, can I then uninstall Leopard? If so, what's the best way to do that?

Just asking as I'd like Chameleon to just give me thw two options of OSX Snow Leopard or Windows 7 Ultimate when dual booting.

Cheers.

Try this instead of Psystar's OpenHaltRestart, it might work.

iSynapse, thanks for your help. I had no luck with EvOreboot.kext either. Just for the record, the system was hanging because of "PowerOff still waiting on AppleUSBEHCI", I removed the PCI-USB-card (which worked flawlessly in 10.5, btw), and now everything is fine (with OpenHaltRestart, will probably work with EvOreboot too). No dsdt.aml at all!

Did you manage a clean install or did you run out of existing Leopard?

Asking as I've and ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 mobo and got it up to 10.5.8 using iPC 10.5.6 and then iDeneb 10.5.8. It dual boots fine with Windows 7 Ultimate too. Looking to upgrade to Snow Leopard though. Once I figured out how to upgrade, can I then uninstall Leopard? If so, what's the best way to do that?

Just asking as I'd like Chameleon to just give me thw two options of OSX Snow Leopard or Windows 7 Ultimate when dual booting.

I did a clean install of 10.6.0 following this guide. Your mainboard is this? Don`t know if the guide will work, as your board has a VIA chipset instead of Intel.

Thanks

Dr. C

Hi all,

I've just installed SL retail on my Asrock Conroe 1333 with an ATI HD4850. But I can only boot without extensions : -x mode

I would like to install chameleon and the .kext for my ATI card.

The problem is in -x mode no USB drive or CD/DVD is recognized.

How can I install chameleon RC4 and my ATI card?

Thanks,

iSynapse, thanks for your help. I had no luck with EvOreboot.kext either. Just for the record, the system was hanging because of "PowerOff still waiting on AppleUSBEHCI", I removed the PCI-USB-card (which worked flawlessly in 10.5, btw), and now everything is fine (with OpenHaltRestart, will probably work with EvOreboot too). No dsdt.aml at all!

I did a clean install of 10.6.0 following this guide. Your mainboard is this? Don`t know if the guide will work, as your board has a VIA chipset instead of Intel.

Thanks

Dr. C

Hi,

This is my motherboard: http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=4CoreDual-SATA2

• 4 weeks later...
When i try to boot SL Installer DVD from this Boot CD, i get a Kernel Panic. My mobo is Asrock G31M-S, dont know why its not working.

Asrock G31M is a pain in the back end...trust me... I tried so many times to make it run...And nothing good came out....

Asrock G31M is a pain in the back end...trust me... I tried so many times to make it run...And nothing good came out....

I thought you managed to make it work as u said ont the first topic:

Hello Asrock owners....as you already know osx86 on Asrock mobo is quite hard to install...well I tryed several times using iDeneb (other distros as well) and retail of course with no luck...but today after my first try with this boot132 made by blackosx I managed to install retail with my first try without any problems or tweakings :D ....i was astonished by the result.

Anyway without makeing this post long....just use the boot132 to install your retail SL, put the kexts from the Preboot.dmg in your extra folder + your favourit Video and Audio drivers and ofcourse Chameleon 2 RC3 and there you go...a perfectly running retail SL on Asrock (mine were Asrock Conroe1333-D667 and G31M-S - both working not good...but very good :D )

So I hope you manage to get it working as I did...good luck...

So if there is no way to make it work well, i'm thinking in replacing the mobo for another one. A friend here has an Intel DG31PR and i think that mobo would give me less troouble than the G31MS.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for me with this great boot CD, I have a 945GCM-S and this helped me no end.

I now have a rock solid 10.6.2 install [all vanilla] - no modified kexts on S/L/E with reboot/sleep/shutdown etc

Only issues is after sleep and wake system will shutdown but not fully reboot.

I thought you managed to make it work as u said ont the first topic:

So if there is no way to make it work well, i'm thinking in replacing the mobo for another one. A friend here has an Intel DG31PR and i think that mobo would give me less troouble than the G31MS.

Thank you.

the Intel DG31PR is one of the best and most compatible mobo out there....i managed to make it fully working, sleep/restart/shutdown, input/output/mic audio, vga, PCI cards...so it's a good choice

• 3 weeks later...

REALTEK integrated NIC not working :)

Thanks for your guide, it works like a charm! FYI, I installed using a PATA DVD-ROM - no problems there.

The integrated Realtek RTL8111b ethernet interface works straight away, but it stops working some time after each boot, and faster with heavy network usage (browing www and transmission). A lot of people on this board seem to experience this (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5).

I had this problem on iDeneb 1.3 = OS X 10.5.5, but I found a RTL8xxx driver that worked (official Realtek for OS X v2.0.0 I think. I tried the same now but nothing works more than 5-10 min.

I tried all the different RTL1000.kext's I could find along with newest official Realtek driver (v2.0.3), but the all have the same issue.

Some have fixed this by adding "cpus=1" to kernel flags. But this didn't work for me.

Did none of you have this problem?

FYI: These are my BIOS settings.

REALTEK integrated NIC not working ;)

Thanks for your guide, it works like a charm! FYI, I installed using a PATA DVD-ROM - no problems there.

The integrated Realtek RTL8111b ethernet interface works straight away, but it stops working some time after each boot, and faster with heavy network usage (browing www and transmission). A lot of people on this board seem to experience this (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5).

I had this problem on iDeneb 1.3 = OS X 10.5.5, but I found a RTL8xxx driver that worked (official Realtek for OS X v2.0.0 I think. I tried the same now but nothing works more than 5-10 min.

I tried all the different RTL1000.kext's I could find along with newest official Realtek driver (v2.0.3), but the all have the same issue.

Some have fixed this by adding "cpus=1" to kernel flags. But this didn't work for me.

Did none of you have this problem?

FYI: These are my BIOS settings.

I personaly do not...and as far as I know the lan devices that asrock mobos have should work oob in osx...as it did in my case...

As for the bios conf. u should disable HPET cuz i can see in ur photos that ur cpu does not support hpet, in ata/ide conf i configured it to be in compatible mode (less buggy), and disable all parallel/serial/floppy, enable legacy usb.

hope it helped... :rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply.

I changed the bios settings as you wrote, but this did not have any effect.

I tried reinstalling RTG_2.0.3 (official Realtek Mac driver) and for a while, the network worked flawlessly. Then I rebooted and was back to the ethernet working until a certain amount of activity - then it disconnects... Wierd when you have it working OOB.

Don't know what to do. I got it working on a previous iDeneb install (same HW) but now I can't seem to make it work consistently :(