- All these files:

Chameleon RC2 installer:
ttp://chameleon.osx86.hu/file_download/36/Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640.pkg.zip

Chameleon RC3 bin:
ttp://chameleon.osx86.hu/file_download/37/Chameleon-2.0-RC3-r658-bin.tar.gz

dsdt.aml:
http://hpmini-osx86.wikispaces.com/

Voodoo PS2:
ttp://chameleon.osx86.hu/file_download/25/VoodooPS2Controller-0.98-installer.pkg

NullCPUPowerManagement:
http://www.kexts.com...2--64-bit).html

fakesmc:
http://netkas.org/?p=141

PlatformUUID:

OpenHaltRestart:

Natit:
http://localhostr.co.../Natit.kext.zip
note: I grabbed this extension from the HP Mini 110 kext installer here: http://hpmini-osx86.wikispaces.com/ I'm not sure of the source of this particular version of Natit but it's the only one that works.

== On a working OS X computer ==
- Plug-in the external hard drive.
- Launch Disk Utility.
- Select the external hard drive in the left menu, and partition the drive with 1 HFS+ partition named "Install". If you don't name it "Install" exactly for whatever reason, be sure to modify the shell Terminal scripts I put here accordingly.
- Be sure to select GUID Partition Table under "Options".
- Mount your Snow Leopard Install DVD.
- $ open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg
- The Snow Leopard installer will launch.
- Select "Continue" a few times. Select your "Install" partition when prompted.
- At the next screen there will be a "Customize" button. I recommend mashing that and unchecking "Printer Support", and "Language Translations".
- Allow Snow Leopard to install to the drive, this takes about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Launch the "Chameleon 2.0 RC2 r640" installer. Select your Install partition and then "Customize" uncheck everything but "Chameleon Standard".
- Uncompress the "Chameleon 2.0 RC3" package and copy i386/boot to /Volumes/Install
- Copy dsdt.aml to /Volumes/Install
- Copy NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext, fakesmc.kext, PlatformUUID.kext to /Volumes/Install/Extra/Extensions/
- Copy Natit.kext to /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions/
- Install Voodoo PS2. Be sure to install it to the "Install" drive. Select "Trackpad" under options.
- $ find /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950.kext /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext -type f | xargs -n1 php -r 'file_put_contents($_SERVER["argv"][1], str_replace(array("\x86\x80\xa2\x27","27A28086"), array("\x86\x80\xae\x27", "27AE8086"), file_get_contents($_SERVER["argv"][1])));'
- (The above command patches Intel GMA 950 kext's from 27A2 to 27AE).
- $ sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/Install/Extra/Extensions/*
- $ sudo chmod -R go-w,ugo+rX,u+w /Volumes/Install/Extra/Extensions/*
- $ open -e /Volumes/Install/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist
- TextEditor will open. Find the line under "<key>Kernel Flags</key>", and change it to "<string>-v -f</string>".
- Save this file and exit.
- Copy these instructions, and the Chameleon RC2 installer to the hard drive somewhere.

== On your HP Mini ==
- Plug-in the external hard drive.
- While it's booting up mash F9 to bring up the boot device menu. On my computer it takes some time for the computer to detect the USB hard drive. If the hard drive isn't in your boot menu, hit ctrl+alt+del and F9 when the HP logo comes again. The hard drive should be there now.
- It will take a moment to boot up. Don't panic when it hangs at "Waiting for DSMOS", just give it 30 - 60 seconds and it'll come up.
- $ sudo chown root:admin /
- Open Disk Utility and create a partition on the HP's hard drive. Be sure to use GUID like you did on the external hard drive. Name this partition "Snow".
- Install Chameleon RC2 to the new "Snow" partition. Again, uncheck all but "Chameleon Standard". Don't worry about the RC3 update.
- $ sudo ditto -X / /Volumes/Snow
- Disconnect external hard drive and reboot. You should now be booting into Snow Leopard with no external support.
- $ sudo kextcache -v 1 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /Extra/Extensions/ /System/Library/Extensions/
- $ open -e /Volumes/Install/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist
- TextEditor will open. Find the line you edited earlier and remove those flags. Note: this step is optional. The -v flag enables diagnostic information while booting up so if something goes wrong you know what happened. If you remove this you will instead see the Apple logo until it's done booting. The -f flag ignores the kext cache, so if you're changing kernel extensions a lot you may want to leave this one. It speeds up booting a lot if you get rid of it though. Just make sure to run the kextcache command above after changing extensions.

This is just a barebones install which will get you off the ground. Still not working is sleep, wifi, ethernet, and sound. I'm not going to be able to look at this again for a while so I figured I'd post my notes so far to get others off the ground.

heXane

heXane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
The DSDT linked above has disappeared so I created a new wiki at the same site using this address:

http://hpmini110-osx86.wikispaces.com/

Where you can find another copy of a DSDT for 1Gb HP mini 110 also a Kext package with VoodooPS2 and all other kexts needed to support Retail 10.5.6 on your Mini 110.

*Edit*- Just noticed this guide is for Snow Leo whereas mine is for Retail Leopard. The DSDT.aml file will still work.

willy792003

willy792003

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
the only thing not working on my hp mini 110 now is wifi. anyone manage to make it work?

tweak41

tweak41

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
@willy792003 et al

I believe I remember reading at the myhpmini forums that people are ordering a replacement wifi card from the mini 1000s and using those in their 110s. I don't think anyone has working (or reliable) wifi with the stock card. I'd recommend checking in with the people over there with regard to this topic.

wonslung

wonslung

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

@willy792003 et al

I believe I remember reading at the myhpmini forums that people are ordering a replacement wifi card from the mini 1000s and using those in their 110s. I don't think anyone has working (or reliable) wifi with the stock card. I'd recommend checking in with the people over there with regard to this topic.

yah, i really would like to use snow leopard with wifi as well. Does anyone have any confirmation on the 1000 wifi working in the 110?

excalibur313

excalibur313

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a HP Mini 110 1125NR that has working wifi in OS 10.5.5. I am trying to install snow leopard now to see how that goes. I hope that it won't be too different.

UPDATE: Everything works perfectly except wifi and ethernet. I just bought a broadcom card so we'll see how that goes.

wonslung

wonslung

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

I have a HP Mini 110 1125NR that has working wifi in OS 10.5.5. I am trying to install snow leopard now to see how that goes. I hope that it won't be too different.

Last i checked it DID NOT work in snow leo.

This is why i used 10.5.8

if it now works, let me know.

note: it was possible to buy aftermarket wifi cards which work in SL but not wiht the default card when i did my original install.

hopefully this has been fixed but i haven't tried/checked because all is well with leo currently.

deviljiru

deviljiru

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Does the above step by step works on HP MINI 110 -1135TU? thanks

wonslung

wonslung

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Does the above step by step works on HP MINI 110 -1135TU? thanks

try it and let us know.

Mike2732

Mike2732

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Any working wireless solution?

Here: http://www.mymacnetb...tibility-chart/

It lists it as functioning... but people say you have to buy a new card?

wonslung

wonslung

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Any working wireless solution?

Here: http://www.mymacnetb...tibility-chart/

It lists it as functioning... but people say you have to buy a new card?

it's functional in 10.5

in 10.6 you need to buy a new card. the card is only 10-15 dollars on ebay though. kind of a pain to install ifyou aren't technically inclined though because you have to disasmble your netbook.

Krevlorne

Krevlorne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I apologize if this has been asked & answered, I cannot find a definitive answer elsewhere; Is BIOS F.5 still required to get Mac OSX (snow leopard) running on a Mini 110? And if so, I am running a fairly new HP Mini 110 "CTO" that came with F.16 or F.17 (I forget which) on it, is it safe to roll it back to F.5?

Thanks,

Krevlorne

wonslung

wonslung

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

I apologize if this has been asked & answered, I cannot find a definitive answer elsewhere; Is BIOS F.5 still required to get Mac OSX (snow leopard) running on a Mini 110? And if so, I am running a fairly new HP Mini 110 "CTO" that came with F.16 or F.17 (I forget which) on it, is it safe to roll it back to F.5?

Thanks,

Krevlorne

it wasn't needed for me. I did however have to create a hacked dsdt file, i posted it in the myhpmini forums somewhere.

SleepingPanda

SleepingPanda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I have the exact same netbook and I was easily able to install Leopard on it. With bios F.16. You just need the dsdt.aml file. I also have wifi working.

Thanks,

Krevlorne

baekalfen

baekalfen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
hi, i have tried to install SL on my Compaq (HP) mini 110c for a while, but nothing works. it results in a grey screen after it is loaded and it should start the installation wizard.

i have tried verbose mode and i couldn't see any errors

i hope there is a solution

ps.
the hardware is afaik equal to the hp mini 1000 and the hp mini 110

baekalfen

baekalfen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

hi, i have tried to install SL on my Compaq (HP) mini 110c for a while, but nothing works. it results in a grey screen after it is loaded and it should start the installation wizard.

i have tried verbose mode and i couldn't see any errors

i hope there is a solution

ps.
the hardware is afaik equal to the hp mini 1000 and the hp mini 110

works now i just undid (can i call it that?) the thing with the graphics card

rhedwrites

rhedwrites

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
this part of the instructions, i don't know how to do... can someone explain it please?

- $ find /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950.kext /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext -type f | xargs -n1 php -r 'file_put_contents($_SERVER["argv"][1], str_replace(array("\x86\x80\xa2\x27","27A28086"), array("\x86\x80\xae\x27", "27AE8086"), file_get_contents($_SERVER["argv"][1])));'
- TextEditor will open. Find the line under "<key>Kernel Flags</key>", and change it to "<string>-v -f</string>".
- Copy these instructions, and the Chameleon RC2 installer to the hard drive somewhere.

it looks like a code that i have to enter somewhere. don't really know how to go about this.

thanks in advance!

Andreadecruz

Andreadecruz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have managed to install SL on HP Mini 110-1135TU by using NetbookInstaller and also managed to dual boot with Windows 7 (using BCD). I had problems generating the DSDT file and I suspect that I was not successful in getting the kexts to work properly.

I have no problems getting SL to boot. However, I can't get WIFI working (Wired Ethernet port not working as well). Bluetooth seems to be working (I was able to connect Iphone 3GS via bluetooth) but the system prompts me every time to say that "A new network interface has been detected. The Bluetooth DUN network and Bluetooth PAN network interface have not been set up. To set up these interfaces, use Network Preference". However, when I click on Network Preferences, there are no services available.

Can anyone assist to advise how I can set up both WIFI and Bluetooth. Thanks.

Cheers

Andrea

Attached Files

eklypse

eklypse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

this part of the instructions, i don't know how to do... can someone explain it please?

it looks like a code that i have to enter somewhere. don't really know how to go about this.

thanks in advance!

This confused me a bit until I realized that "find" is a command. Just copy and paste
find /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950.kext /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext -type f | xargs -n1 php -r 'file_put_contents($_SERVER["argv"][1], str_replace(array("\x86\x80\xa2\x27","27A28086"), array("\x86\x80\xae\x27", "27AE8086"), file_get_contents($_SERVER["argv"][1])));'
into a terminal window and it should work. The same goes for all the other commands (sudo chown, open, etc.)

------------------------------------------------------------

I have managed to install SL on HP Mini 110-1135TU by using NetbookInstaller and also managed to dual boot with Windows 7 (using BCD). I had problems generating the DSDT file and I suspect that I was not successful in getting the kexts to work properly.

I tried using the NetbookBootMaker following the instructions at http://code.google.c...ller/wiki/Usage and when I booted off the USB drive, I only got:
boot0: error
Thinking that NetbookBootMaker wasn't configured for the HP Mini, I tried the instructions above. I'm pretty sure I followed them to the letter, but all I get now is:
boot0: GPT
boot0: testing
boot0: error
So, something is different, but I'm no closer to getting OS X running on my netbook.

Also, if whoever is in charge of the compatibility chart is reading this, would you change the WiFi checkmark under the HP Mini 110 to an X or at least a question mark? I wouldn't have bought this computer if I knew I would have to either install 10.5 or a new WiFi card in order for WiFi to work on it.

Thanks.

assass

assass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

works now i just undid (can i call it that?) the thing with the graphics card

You (or anyone) can explain me step by step how do I resolve the same problem?

Sorry for the english ;)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy