Final Cut Studio 3 installation

funkymonkeyman

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

i have downloaded the new final cut studio 3 (all 45GB) and im running in to a few problems.

i got almost everything installed but noticed i had missed out DVD studio, so i tried the install again but it failed, i removed studio 3 and attempted to do a full clean install, all i am installing are the programs and all the extra content is unchecked as i have the image files i can install at a later date.

each installation fails, i have tried FCS remover to remove every trace of studio and then to install but again it fails. i have tried to just install Final cut pro but again it fails.

i am very new to the mac OS so it may be something simple, if anyone had any ideas they would be welcome.

Thanks

hi darix here..

I too have downloaded all 7 dvd images. The main installer was a cdr image. i went to install both all and without the content and i still get install failed...its doing my head in. I have even installed version 5.1 then did updates then jumped to this version..dont know were my version 2 is....but still goes so far then fails to install ...mentioning something about it was unable to install to "/"

It quite baffling...i even downloaded from somewhere else thinking their image had better luck..nope.

Is it a system thing? i even changed the permissions to allow read and write of the hard drive.

Is there a solution?