GeForce 6200 AGP on SL

Rafael Gaspar

89 posts in this topic

Next screen "Display output configuration" select "Custom..."

Paste there NVCAP chain from NVCAP

Ahh... now i managed to get my NVCAP before... got it from within OS X somehow, but anyway i was only using it for making my DSDT, i never bothered trying to insert it into my GFX string - i just used a default that looked similar.

This must have been the key thing i was doing wrong last time when i tried ATY, thanks for all the tips it's a great help

Going to try give it a go over the holiday.

Someone PMed me about my setup, and then I accidentally deleted their message since my box was too full to send a reply. They were trying to make it work on a 7100. My thoughts were that 7000 series cards should work with GraphicsEnabler, but I could be wrong. I think I used to run a 7800 GS with GraphicsEnabler, but that would have been in 10.5, and I don't have that card anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

to AGP Card users:

i got my old rig P4 with an AGP Graphics card GeForce 7300GT 512mb working QE /CI on SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.6

here: [http://www.mediafire.com/i/?pdlgxp1d20ndk49]

[ http://www.mediafire.com/i/?de3d4im54l9fmly]

- updated to 10.6.6

- edit GeForce.kext, NVDAN40Hal.kext (put device id)

- ATY_Init.kext

- Apply fixkext by nawcom

- restart

GOODLUCK!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

NV43 GeForce 6600GT AGP [DVI/VGA} Works fine!!! QE-CI Working!!!

with ( ATY_Init.kext 32bit ) on SnowLeopard 10.6.3

TNX!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

output: 19" LCDTV DVI Display , vga out must work too , not tested

My system spec:

iatkos S3 V2 (10.6.3)

Pentium4 3.0Ghz Prescott (478pin) sse3..

Albatron PX865PE PRO (Intel 865PE/ICH5)

2 GB Ram Kingston

nVidia 6600Gt AGP 128MB

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6600 GT] [10de:00f1] (rev a2)

installed options:

iATKOS S3 Main System , Bootloader(AsereBLN v1.19) , Bootloader Opt(32-bit boot,Graphics

Enabler) , /Extra directory(fakesmc V2.5, Disabler, RTC(32bit), Modified Kernels(qoopz

10.3.0), EVO Reboot) , Main Hardware(Intel SATA, Voodoo PS/2, NTFS3G)

I download ATY_Init.kext in desktop , i set chown-chmod and then drag'n'drop into

KextUtility.v2.3.2(great tool!!!) then restart and QE/CI Enabled!!!

DVDPlayer Starts without any error!!!

Ill upload 2 screenshots...

post-608982-1304659993_thumb.jpg

post-608982-1304660035_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

I am having the same blue/darker blue screen issue. My card is AGP 6200 512mb.

it boots fine in safe mode ( -x ) and shows my device and that it is working correctly in system profiler. I even have full resolution 1920 x 1080. But if i try to boot normally it just flashes the blue and dark blue. I grabbed all NVDANVHAL kexts (10 through 50) still no go. I installed the latest AGPgart and that caused it to kernal panic so I deleted it.

Has anyone gotten it working yet?

UPDATE:

using the universal nvidia package http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0&start=100

I am now able to boot normally but i no longer have full resolution, only 1024 x 768, my display is capable of 1920 x 1080 (1080p/i)

I am having the same blue/darker blue screen issue. My card is AGP 6200 512mb.

it boots fine in safe mode ( -x ) and shows my device and that it is working correctly in system profiler. I even have full resolution 1920 x 1080. But if i try to boot normally it just flashes the blue and dark blue. I grabbed all NVDANVHAL kexts (10 through 50) still no go. I installed the latest AGPgart and that caused it to kernal panic so I deleted it.

Has anyone gotten it working yet?

UPDATE:

using the universal nvidia package http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0&start=100

I am now able to boot normally but i no longer have full resolution, only 1024 x 768, my display is capable of 1920 x 1080 (1080p/i)

Hello

This is what I did and it works fine

have a look on my post there under leonleon

http://osx86.co/f36/anyone-full-ci-qe-reso...4461/page2.html

i hope it will solve your problem

Leon

• 2 weeks later...

@Kocoman,

I got the same card - xfx 256 MB Geforce 6200 AGP - and the blue blinking screen

problem.

Perhaps you can answer me a few questions to get my card working

1) I installed the ATY_init.kext

now my questions:

How can I edit my dsdt code ? can I use this tool ?

youtube.com/watch?v=WseMI07G6_A

According to pcj´s post :

Where do I have to insert your code ?

Do I have to delete the comments, such as " ==> change this for your card ram size" or "==> name your can set your card name" ?

What does he mean by "add this can show data on PCI information" ? - first comment ??

What is NVCAP data and where can I find it ?

I have the same card ram size as you, so I don´t have to change the given value ?

THX for your support, Greetz

• 2 weeks later...
Geforce 6200 128Mb QE/CI, Need help

I have been trying for 2 days trying to get for this to work, I cant get it, im a noob at mac, The video card is an AGP , i used different kext but it doesnt activate QE/CI. need step by step instructions if possible.

My specs are

Motherboard ASROCK 775dual vsta

Cpu 2.80Ghz x2 dual core pentium d 915

Mem 2gigs of ddr2 pc 667mhz

Gpu Geforce 6200 agp nv44 card

This is what it says on my graphics display

I have the same gfx card on an older (ich4 that thinks it's ich8) chipset, and got it working fine (mostly). GraphicsEnabler should work just fine from nearly any chameleon revision. If it does, you can grab the values it's using from ioreg and plug them into your dsdt, though if you use all the same values, I'm not sure what the advantage of using it over GraphicsEnabler would be. You can click on my sig (Shuttle SB51G link) and see a dsdt of mine (though I've revised it 30 times since posting it) if you want something that should at least get it 'working', and you can adjust it to your liking after that.

Has anyone ever got S-Video working on this card? I can't seem to get it by any means, and I've tried everything I can think of.

I'd also like to get System Profiler to report this is on AGP, but I'm not sure what values to inject for that - using AGPGart will change what system profiler says, but doesn't work w/ the dsdt entry (yet, at least... or I'm doing something wrong with agpgart)

• 2 months later...

what method should I use to make 6200SE TurboCache PCI-Express work on Snow Leopard? Natit, NVEnabler, NVInject don't work! Since Tiger natit worked for my 6200! Please help me! I'm so tired of install, re-install SL to get my card work! All the topics are about AGP versions of my card :(

• 1 year later...

I know, this is an ooooooolllllllddd topic. but, this topic help me a lot.

and thanks to pcj for the dsdt edit.

it worked like a charm for me with an 7800GS. on asus P5P800 mobo.

from vesa mode... now QE/CI... ohhhh yeah, that's change life !!!

i don't use graphics enabler, it doesn't work anymore with this dsdt edit. i use ATY_init.

this is pretty cool, snow leo gives a second life for this little machine :)

she was useless... until OSX on it !