Software Update Doesnt Work !

biodes

14 posts in this topic

Hi , today ITUNES 9 is Out ... but i have a problem , i open software update ,

wait until finish , and then nothing , only say that "there is not updates available"

i try it on my MBP , and is work ... but on my Hackintosh nothing ..

i remember when i first boot on SL i make a Software Update and

update Remote Desktop... ...

ANYONE ELSE ???

greets

i've got the same problem and it was driving me crazy all night. i also tried to get itunes 9, and it worked on my hackbook leopard installation, but not snow leopard. is your MBP running snow leopard? i was kind of hoping it was just an overall snow leopard problem, and not a hackintosh problem. everything else has been updating fine though, i too got the remote desktop thing at first, and then once i installed iLife and a bunch of other things, they all got updated by software update, so maybe it's just an itunes issue? also, did you upgrade your MBP to snow leopard or fresh install?

Yes , my MBP is running Snow Leopard , i upgrade with the exact same SL disc that i use to install on my Hackintosh .

By the way my Leopard partition doesnt have a problem with Software Update ... its only on Snow Leopard ...

When i open itunes on my hackintosh ,itunes say: a new version is available (itunes 9) ...i click no .

hmm so did you upgrade on your MBP to SL, instead of fresh install? because that just might be the difference that's causing our software updates to fail. I read somewhere about these "receipts" you find under the main library folder, and apparently they keep track of what's been updated and stuff..maybe this has something to do with it? like, a fresh install causes itunes to think it's already up to date? anyway hopefully someone else who has this problem can offer some input. in the meantime though, are your other programs updating fine?

I hope it works. i'm out of applications to keep updating to test it. It could just be an itunes problem though, I had it too where the itunes updater said 9.0 was out, and then handed it off to software update, which was like nope no updates. i really hope it's just itunes, because otherwise that's a weird coincidence that both of our software updates just break at the same time.

alright cool, that convinces me it's an itunes fluke. do you know anyone else, apple or pc, who installed snow leopard fresh? we might be able to figure out if the itunes thing is a fresh install vs upgrade issue, or an apple vs pc issue. and again, i'm hoping it's a fresh install vs upgrade issue. but in the meantime, if you wanna check out itunes 9 you could dL it from the apple website and it'll work fine. the new UI is kinda cool, but mostly just cuz it's new and fresh. i'm sure there are people who hate it.

yes , im pretty sure will be ...jajajja ....

GOOD NEWS ... i fix it .... you have to go to Library/Receipts/booms and delete this file : com.apple.pkg.iTunes.bom

then try the software update and there will be the update of Itunes

: )

yes , im pretty sure will be ...jajajja ....

GOOD NEWS ... i fix it .... you have to go to Library/Receipts/booms and delete this file : com.apple.pkg.iTunes.bom

then try the software update and there will be the update of Itunes

: )

Thanks biodes

you da man biodes. but yeah i noticed that 10.6.1 came in through, so i was relieved that our software updates weren't just broken.

did software update see the 10.6.1 in your machine?

i remember when i did a fresh install, it worked by telling me there's remote desktop update version 3 or something (i updated it and it worked).

but now it can't see the 10.6.1 update (it said that my software is up to date although at that time i'm still on 10.6).

have to manually download the update from apple website. same problem with iTunes 9.

this is strange...

hmm that's really weird, my software update saw the 10.6.1 update fine so i was fine with it not seeing itunes (which is significantly less important an update). are you on a hackintosh, and do updates other than that initial remote desktop one work? all i can think of is something with the receipts package...to test this im just gonna wait for the next itunes update and see if my software update finally sees it, because now itunes has written a receipt so everything should be good. you could do the same with 10.6.1, and then just wait till .2 rolls in, even if it may be awhile.

yes, i'm on hackintosh. and at that time the only update that i applied is the apple remote desktop (since there are no other updates for snow at that time as far as i know). the 10.6.1 update and iTunes 9 that i downloaded from apple's site is working.

think i have to wait for the 10.6.2 or another updates to find out.

hope everything will be alright by then.

thanks...