My eyeeeeeees (iTunes 9)

Suzuka

6 posts in this topic

Uggg... looks terrible. Looks like someone took the old skin and just increased the contrast by like 50% - Completely unnecessary. Also, I use the mini player to listen to music a lot. Normally, in iTunes 8, you push the green (+) to maximize to the full library, and again to go back to the mini-player. Now, it doesn't go to the mini player, it just goes to an even more maximized version and back. The only way now is a three key shortcut.

iTunes 9. Looks terrible. Decreased functionality. Wtf Apple. How can I downgrade?

Also, is it just me or does the new iTunes beachball and freeze like crazy?

Uggg... looks terrible. Looks like someone took the old skin and just increased the contrast by like 50% - Completely unnecessary. Also, I use the mini player to listen to music a lot. Normally, in iTunes 8, you push the green (+) to maximize to the full library, and again to go back to the mini-player. Now, it doesn't go to the mini player, it just goes to an even more maximized version and back. The only way now is a three key shortcut.

iTunes 9. Looks terrible. Decreased functionality. Wtf Apple. How can I downgrade?

Also, is it just me or does the new iTunes beachball and freeze like crazy?

You can downgrade, I did, the easiest way is to delete itunes from the app folder, and delete the itunes library file from the itunes folder. then get iTunes 8 (I got it from my Leopard install DVD in the optional install file) then drag all your music back into itunes

• 6 months later...

I like it but still, why doesn't iTunes allow changing the color from the brushed silver? Even just to be able to tint it another color would be nice.

And will iTunes EVER support FLAC? That would make it my dream player but then I guess then they'd have to make the iPods play FLAC too.

And maybe one day iTunes will sell in lossless lol...

Yeah I know I'm dreaming >.<

What I do love is they are one of the most affordable digital download stores and have the highest quality music (save for wavs that can be bought on beatport and junodownload). I applaud them for that and wish more stores would sell in M4A. But why doesn't iTunes just use 320? 256 VBR is close but it's not too far off from 320..