GMA950 external/internal display problems on fujitsu t4210

alager

2 posts in this topic

Hello there!

Just installed Snow Leopard on my fujitsu t4210 tablet pc using MACinized's vanilla installation guide and MacLoader SL 0.3. Afaik the dsdt file created is automatically patched to work as well as possible with your computer, and it gives me support for resolutions, qe/ci/rotation and sleep on my external vga display. The problem is getting the internal lcd to work, as it is now os x doesn't detect a display at all as you can see in this screen:

screenshot20090909at243.png

Inserting a gma950 efi string i found somewhere gets me half-way, internal lcd is detected, but only as a generic display, and rotation and sleep support is gone. Oh and the external display stopped working completley with the efi string.

screenshot20090909at322.png

I'm really at a loss as on how to proceed. Best solution would be to modify the dsdt file to work i guess, not really interested in patched kexts.

Attatching my dsdt file if anyone want to have a look, thanks!

dsdt_fixed.dsl.zip

Hello there!

Just installed Snow Leopard on my fujitsu t4210 tablet pc using MACinized's vanilla installation guide and MacLoader SL 0.3. Afaik the dsdt file created is automatically patched to work as well as possible with your computer, and it gives me support for resolutions, qe/ci/rotation and sleep on my external vga display. The problem is getting the internal lcd to work, as it is now os x doesn't detect a display at all as you can see in this screen:

Inserting a gma950 efi string i found somewhere gets me half-way, internal lcd is detected, but only as a generic display, and rotation and sleep support is gone. Oh and the external display stopped working completley with the efi string.

I'm really at a loss as on how to proceed. Best solution would be to modify the dsdt file to work i guess, not really interested in patched kexts.

Attatching my dsdt file if anyone want to have a look, thanks!

dsdt_fixed.dsl.zip

I have the same problem. Using EFI strings I get half way when I boot into SL with arch=i386 in 32bit mode. Anything else won't recognize the gma950 (no kexts loaded). At this point I have correct resolution but no QE or CI.

either fixed kexts or dsdt are ok with me. also waiting for a kernel that allows cpus=2 with my c2d. I've see people with core duo or core solo to get this to work (mostly Dells). Do you have a c2d?