Retail OSX 10.6 on P5Q Deluxe/Others

Shaumux

203 posts in this topic

When I installed the Chameleon in the Snow Leopard Partition, none bootloader worked. When the Chameleon 1.0.11 (of the iPC 10.5.6) is loading, and a message appears, saying Loading Darwin x86, and it hangs. I not enter in Leopard from this time. Ie, both the Chameleon RC3 and the Chameleon 1.0.11 not loads.

Is it necessary the HD in GUID Table?

Sorry for my english, I am from Brazil.

EDIT. Finally I could see the Chameleon RC3, I install it on THE LEOPARD PARTITION and it works! In this page, are three icons, a Leopard icon, a windows icon AND a IMAGE SL icon (is the name of my partition who have the SL disk restored). The Leopard boot is OK, but when I boot into the IMAGE SL, nothing happens, the installation screen does not appears.

Format Another partiton for the installation media.

Restore the image of the of the Snow leopard Install to this partiotion.

Now install Chameleon RC3 to the drive.

Put the kexts in the /Extra/Extensions in the Drive where you installed

Open Disk utility and right click Snow Leopard and Click information.

Copy the Universal Unique Identifier no.

Modify the smbios.plist and Replace the SMUUID with this Universal Unique Identifier.

Right Click PlatformUUID.kext, Click show Package Contents then go to contents and open info.plist

Substitute the Universal Unique Identifier for PlatformUUID.

Now reboot and select the Chameleon RC3 installed drive as the boot drive.

The Chameleon Screen Should greet you.

Select Mac OSX installer disc and boot

Follow the installation instructions of OSX.

It should say Installation completed sucessfully.

Boot into the new Snow Leopard installation.

i'm sorry i new in this and there's a lot that i don't understand. for example when you say 'Now install Chameleon RC3 to the drive.' There's no installation present only binary so how can i install it. and which partition i need to install it is that where i should install snow leopard or maybe it's a partition where i restore the installation?

2. you saying Modify the smbios.plist and Replace the SMUUID with this Universal Unique Identifier.

i can't find this 'SMUUID' in this file so which no. i have to change?

3. Right Click PlatformUUID.kext, Click show Package Contents then go to contents and open info.plist

Substitute the Universal Unique Identifier for PlatformUUID. what should i do, change all the no. or only thous that under the title 'PlatformUUID'?

4.how i supposed 'select the Chameleon RC3 installed drive' by pressing any key and get to the manu?

5. where i should install the snow leopard in the same folder where i put Chameleon RC3 or some one else?

like i'm sad i new in thous thinks so i will be glade to receive all the help i can get!!!!

please help me!!!! :)

When I installed the Chameleon in the Snow Leopard Partition, none bootloader worked. When the Chameleon 1.0.11 (of the iPC 10.5.6) is loading, and a message appears, saying Loading Darwin x86, and it hangs. I not enter in Leopard from this time. Ie, both the Chameleon RC3 and the Chameleon 1.0.11 not loads.

Is it necessary the HD in GUID Table?

Sorry for my english, I am from Brazil.

EDIT. Finally I could see the Chameleon RC3, I install it on THE LEOPARD PARTITION and it works! In this page, are three icons, a Leopard icon, a windows icon AND a IMAGE SL icon (is the name of my partition who have the SL disk restored). The Leopard boot is OK, but when I boot into the IMAGE SL, nothing happens, the installation screen does not appears.

Are you sure that the image you restored from was ok?

Did the restore process go correctly?

Try restoring again and booting from it.

Try verbose booting to see whats wrong

i'm sorry i new in this and there's a lot that i don't understand. for example when you say 'Now install Chameleon RC3 to the drive.' There's no installation present only binary so how can i install it. and which partition i need to install it is that where i should install snow leopard or maybe it's a partition where i restore the installation?

2. you saying Modify the smbios.plist and Replace the SMUUID with this Universal Unique Identifier.

i can't find this 'SMUUID' in this file so which no. i have to change?

3. Right Click PlatformUUID.kext, Click show Package Contents then go to contents and open info.plist

Substitute the Universal Unique Identifier for PlatformUUID. what should i do, change all the no. or only thous that under the title 'PlatformUUID'?

4.how i supposed 'select the Chameleon RC3 installed drive' by pressing any key and get to the manu?

5. where i should install the snow leopard in the same folder where i put Chameleon RC3 or some one else?

like i'm sad i new in thous thinks so i will be glade to receive all the help i can get!!!!

please help me!!!! :)

Use The Chameleon installer created by Dr.Hurt posted in post no 23 to install chameleon.

Check the first post i have posted new smbios.plist and platformuuid.kext compare them with the ones in extra.zip to get where you need to substitute the values

If you use dr.hurt's installer you will get an option before installing to change the location of the install, if you like

You can install snow leopard anywhere as long as chameleon is used to boot it.

thanks for your responds but i steel can't install the snow leopard.

in start screen i choose a 'installation' partition my computer starting boot up and after a wile i see a white screen and nothing happens. but when i start in -v mode in the end i get's a black screen whit a lots of whit squares.

i have a gigabyte ati hd 4850 1gb video card may be that is the problem if yes how can i dell whit it?

please help!!!

thanks for your responds but i steel can't install the snow leopard.

in start screen i choose a 'installation' partition my computer starting boot up and after a wile i see a white screen and nothing happens. but when i start in -v mode in the end i get's a black screen whit a lots of whit squares.

i have a gigabyte ati hd 4850 1gb video card may be that is the problem if yes how can i dell whit it?

please help!!!

If graphics is the problem try using efi strings for your graphics or try to find an kext foor it.

Hi, I booted in Verbose Mode, in the Chameleon RC3, and the Snow Leopard Disk Installation do not loads. It is infinitely loading. See at this images. Sorry for the bad resolution... :) I restored the DMG file tho this partition, the Snow Leopard is the 10A432 GM.

imag020k.jpg

imag024l.jpg

im also getting a grey screen or a screen full of garbage after the verbose finishes.

tried -v -f -x -x32 and "graphics mode"="800x600x32/16" in different combinations.

I have made my DSDT in windows and then put it on the USB through a Virtual Machine.

argh i cant figure this out.

hi

which video card is the best for hackintosh?

1.Sparkle Geforce 9800GT, 1GB DDR3, 256 bit, Dual DVI, Retail (model SP98T1GB)

2.Gigabyte Geforce 9600 GT, 1GB 256Bit GDDR3, VGA, DVI, HDMI, PCI Express 2.0, Passive Cooling, Retail (model N96TSL1GI)

and why?

p.s.

the purpose is run snow leopard on asus p5q deluxe motherboard.

i hope some one answer me soon. thanks :-)

Finally I have Snow Leopard! I installed it from Leopard, but I have no sound... I used the kext which you posted.

Try selecting the output line from system preferences -> sound

im also getting a grey screen or a screen full of garbage after the verbose finishes.

tried -v -f -x -x32 and "graphics mode"="800x600x32/16" in different combinations.

I have made my DSDT in windows and then put it on the USB through a Virtual Machine.

argh i cant figure this out.

Are you on the same board?

Did you use the bios i posted?

It doesn't work for me.

P5Q Pro

Please be more specific.

I mentioned that i uused modified bios.

Since you are on a different board you will need to either get a modified bios or use dsdt patcher

hi

which video card is the best for hackintosh?

1.Sparkle Geforce 9800GT, 1GB DDR3, 256 bit, Dual DVI, Retail (model SP98T1GB)

2.Gigabyte Geforce 9600 GT, 1GB 256Bit GDDR3, VGA, DVI, HDMI, PCI Express 2.0, Passive Cooling, Retail (model N96TSL1GI)

and why?

p.s.

the purpose is run snow leopard on asus p5q deluxe motherboard.

i hope some one answer me soon. thanks :-)

Both might work.

I use a 9600 gt 512mb card which works nicely with hackintosh

im using P5Q Deluxe with a modded bios. The 2201 on this thread didnt work, so im using another one, prepared for OSX SL and SLIC 2.1

ive installed iDeneb 10.5.5, restored SL to my USB, boot and get garbage on the screen where it should go grey with -V. Or i get a grey screen that loads for a while, then goes blank with no commands at boot.

i have Saphhire ATi 4850 512mb.

im using P5Q Deluxe with a modded bios. The 2201 on this thread didnt work, so im using another one, prepared for OSX SL and SLIC 2.1

ive installed iDeneb 10.5.5, restored SL to my USB, boot and get garbage on the screen where it should go grey with -V. Or i get a grey screen that loads for a while, then goes blank with no commands at boot.

i have Saphhire ATi 4850 512mb.

Where did you get the other bios?

I couldn't find any other than the one i posted.

The parameter is -v not -V

lol yes i meant -v

well, i got it to boot, eventhough the install failed, saying it couldnt set the partition to boot, i used the Chameleon on the USB to boot Snow leopard, with -x command.

But the problem is the ethernet, i cant get it to work with your guide, also there was no ApplyYukon2.Kext, only AppleYukon.kext.

Instead i tried the IONetworkingFamily.Kext from 10.5.5, but it still didnt work, i thought it would, as all the corrections you speak of had already been made.

Finally, Snow Leopard appears in Leopards Chameleon 1.1.0 (iirc) but it will not boot with any commands, just a black screen, or with -x it says Darwin Bootloader, and thats it.

I cant find where i got the bios form, but it was from this forum.

lol yes i meant -v

well, i got it to boot, eventhough the install failed, saying it couldnt set the partition to boot, i used the Chameleon on the USB to boot Snow leopard, with -x command.

But the problem is the ethernet, i cant get it to work with your guide, also there was no ApplyYukon2.Kext, only AppleYukon.kext.

Instead i tried the IONetworkingFamily.Kext from 10.5.5, but it still didnt work, i thought it would, as all the corrections you speak of had already been made.

Finally, Snow Leopard appears in Leopards Chameleon 1.1.0 (iirc) but it will not boot with any commands, just a black screen, or with -x it says Darwin Bootloader, and thats it.

I cant find where i got the bios form, but it was from this forum.

Well i the ionetworkingfamily.kext from leopard will not work.

Did you try to open the AppleYukon2.kext from the terminal in snow leopard?

It is meant to be done in snow leopard.

I have the AppleYukon2.kext in there, if you want i can upload the whole ionetworking family

You can't boot Snow leopard with that version of chameleon.

You can only boot chameleon from PC EFI 10.1 or Chameleon RC3

I know how to enable sound, but the kext not "loads".

I installed SL and leopard, it boot perfectely, but when I deleted the leopard partition, I lose the Chameleon. I installed Chameleon on SL partition, but it don't load, I have an Boot0: error...

Try the voodooohda if that kext didn't work, there was another

solution i don't remeber what it was but i think it was an injector.

I think chameleon is being loaded from the older installation.

Chameleon is not installed to mbr, i think.

hello to all,

installed snow leo on p5q deluxe , followed the instructions on this thread exactly..

snow leopards boots sucessfully in 64 and 32 bit....but I can´t get ethernet to work.

I changed the numbers in terminal, but the system doesn´t see marvel yukon 88E8056

I´m not a beginner..the next I try was AppleYukon2Injector.kext in the extra folder.

It has a modiefied info plist for the marvel adapter...result :network is now seen by the system- but i can´t transfer any bytes...it´s crazy..I think there´s something wrong with the

2200 bios, with dsdt or the plists I´m shure it cannot be solved with the kexts, cause all people seem to have the same kernel ext, but different results-sometimes it works-sometimes it works not... let´s find the solution !

Best !

Gary