Perfectly Working - 10.6 on ACER ASPIRE ONE A150

Neodymium

64 posts in this topic

Im just wondering if someone has the wireless kext or can tell me how the eff i am supposed to set it up... i have tried pretty much every patch and every mod and i dont know what im missing. but its the stock wireless and i would love to not have to swap it out to the dell or another card. thanks all

My specs:

Acer Aspire One A150 Pearl

Intel Atom N270 1.6 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, 160GB HDD

Dual Booting (Chameleon RC1) - 100% snow leopard

Okay so I try to follow this guide but I'm not very mac savvy and get lost. Here's where I'm at now. I have snow leopard installed using this http://osx.mechdrew.com/guides/nbi3.shtml it boots fine but it doesn't have audio and the ethernet port doesn't work. I used kext helper to install the kexts from your guide once and that seemed to fix it, but then I patched it and it stopped booting up normally, it would start to boot up but then restart and get stuck in a boot up restart cycle. And anytime I've tried using kext helper to install the kexts from your guide afterwards it does the same thing without me even patching it. I just want sound and ethernet to work :\ any ideas?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm still searching for a solution to sleep for the Acer Aspire One AOA150. I've read some things about a sleepenabler.kext but am unsure if its been verified with this laptop. I'm interested in standby or hibernation. Either of these options would be great! Let me know if you come across any solutions!

• 2 months later...

Hey, so I finally got Snow to install onto my MBR partition, but now I can't figure out for the life of me to get it boot without the help of an external booter.

I installed it via the retail 10.6 DVD and an external harddrive on which I restored the dvd image and installed chameleon. Now that it's installed, I have no idea where to go from here. The trackpad doesn't work. The wifi doesn't work (yeah, I know this is an all-too-common problem). And, to top it all off, I can't even boot natively! Every time I try to boot with Chameleon (not from the external), I get a very detailed error message which looks something like this:

-----------------------

npvhash=4095

PAE enabled

Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0: Fri Juk 31 22:47:34 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1456.1.25~1/RELEASE_I386

vm_page_bootstrap: 247855 free pages and 14289 wired pages

standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us

mig_table_max_displ = 73

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x1c166459): "Unsupported CPU: family = 0x6, model = 0x1c, stepping = 0x2"@/Sourc

eCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-90/pmProcessor.c:210

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)

0x1c07bd48 : 0x21acfa (0x5ce650 0x1c07bd7c 0x223156 0x0)

[a bunch more hex]

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(90.0.0)@0x1c15d000->0x1c174fff

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel version

Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0: Fri Juk 31 22:47:34 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1456.1.25~1/RELEASE_I386

System model name: MacBookAir1,1 (Mac-F42D89C8)

System uptime in nanoseconds: 762037297

----------------------------

Does anybody know how to fix the boot problem? If not, then can someone please point me in the right direction for configuring all the kexts for the hardware?

Thanks a bunch, guys. If you need any more info, then I can give it to you.

Edit:

Ok, I found some kexts to take care of the booting problem, the trackpad, and the audio.

The AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement was getting in the way. I found a kext to nullify it. I used Kext Helper to install them, and those seem to be working now, although, I still haven't found one to fix the card readers, if you guys know the answer to that one.

Hi everyone,

I'll be making a video on a fairly simple OSX86 onto an AspireOne A150 using iAtkos. I must admit, I used an external DVD Reader/Writer and it made the whole process 10x easier. This guide is brilliant, but if you really can, try get your hands on a second hand external drive.

My setup is a bit ugly actually:

100GB NTFS - Windows XP & Wubi Ubuntu (convenience)

15-20GB HFS+ Journaled OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.4

Working:

Ethernet, Battery Readings (yep, I also get the power saving half speed when unplugged), USB Hotplugging, Double Finger Scrolling, QuartzGL etc, External Speaker.

Haven't Tested:

SD Reader(s), Microphone, VGA-Out (will try tonight).

Failed:

Wireless, Sleep, Hibernate...

Feel free to ask something that I may not have mentioned. I am not connected via wired, but I am using a USB Wireless Card which I carry around with me all the time. The standard wireless in this machine is only average in my opinion, so it definitely improves it. Installed the full office suite last night and it's running great.

The best way to get up to 10.6.4 is to basically install OSX with Iatkos using the EFI String (i also used Natit, but apparently that will make no difference), ae27 snow gma drivers, VoodooHDA, etc etc, all the standards. Remember PS2 keyboard and USBFix's etc. Didn't use the sleep enabler, doubt it will work. Once you've booted. Do a straight update to 10.6.4. Reboot. First time it reboots, it won't load the kexts. Run a repair permissions and refresh and then reload and it should be fine.

What is strange is that sometimes it reads 10.6.4 in the About this Mac. Other times it reads the codename. Still its running smooth and it is definitely worth going for if you are willing to be patient. Its taken me a few hours to get it right, but now I have, I doubt I will reinstall!

Attached Screenshot!

post-189484-1278363455_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know how to fix the CPU from running at half speed on battery? These damn netbooks aren't exactly power houses, so an 800MHz CPU on battery, while it may save battery life, pretty much kills it's usability... I'd rather run my 6 cell battery in the ground at 1.6GHz then deal with an 800MHz system....

Does anybody know how to fix the CPU from running at half speed on battery? These damn netbooks aren't exactly power houses, so an 800MHz CPU on battery, while it may save battery life, pretty much kills it's usability... I'd rather run my 6 cell battery in the ground at 1.6GHz then deal with an 800MHz system....

All of the latest voodoopowermini kexts cause kernal panic at startup, still looking for fix and yes its a big pain in the arse

*and the title of this thread should be changed lol*

-files for internal/external mic support with audio http://www.multiupload.com/DNXOBXVN9M

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
All of the latest voodoopowermini kexts cause kernal panic at startup, still looking for fix and yes its a big pain in the arse

*and the title of this thread should be changed lol*

-files for internal/external mic support with audio http://www.multiupload.com/DNXOBXVN9M

Using my headphones, I get alot of excess humming and static. Does anybody else get this? This is still a step up, though, since it's the only thing that's been able to get my mic recognized and working.

I'd like to get rid of all this excess noise. I use my headphones alot and it gets very annoying very quickly.

Has anybody come up with any improvements/updates on the AAO situation?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hi to everybody!I apologize for my bad English, I am Italian

unfortunately in the Italian forum no one gives me listening.

my problem is that when finishes the snow leopard installation it, the boot proceeds perfectly, but, at a certain point the screen turns grey and listen to only the presentation music. have tried to use several commands and several flags, I have also tried this guide: http://basshead.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/snow-leopard-on-acer-aspire-one-aoa150zg5/

I have executed everything to the letter, but extra and extensions inserting the file in the folders, when I execute the boot from usb, he does not recognize my rigid disk,this way I cannot install snow leopard, someone can help me?

I was forgeting, I use the hazard distro because that retail during the boot restarts himself and no installation leaves.