Perfectly Working - 10.6 on ACER ASPIRE ONE A150

Neodymium

64 posts in this topic

Finally, when running the kextcache commands, I got this error:

kextcache: ?4\033??\a: couldn't get volume UUID

Is this anything to worry about?

I think I'm 99% there, in fact I've made a shellscript file to automatically format and install everything on the EFI partition, saves a lot of time when reinstalling snow. :)

Try to reinstall everything that happened to me the second time i tried to install... ( the first SL worked until i updated it to 10.6.1 :( )

Try to reinstall everything that happened to me the second time i tried to install... ( the first SL worked until i updated it to 10.6.1 :rolleyes: )

What problems are you getting? Kernel panics? The 10.6.1 seemed to work fine for me....

I'm already on SL, i installed it in my USB HD. I'll try the gma950 fix... About the mic... Did you get it working? I tried this install first in my USB HD because i don't want ro mess with my fully functional Leopard install

Edit:

Updated my SL install to 10.6.1 it broke my install :/ will try to fix permitions and caches

I haven't tried the internal mic, but it didn't work with the normal voodooHDA kext. I think there is an updated version which may work however...

Also, the GMA950 fix is pretty easy, I use a modified Boot.plst and I have some shellscript which patches the kext's for me.

I'm still getting random Kernel panics, does anyone know how I can find whats causing them?

I think I've finally fixed my Kernel panics!

I added cpus=1 to my Boot.plist and this seams to have fixed things...

Anyone else running with cpus=1? I guess this maybe because I'm on a different DSDT...

I havent used boot flags - any of them...iStat Menus and Activity Monitor show both threads...

Try deleting the AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement kext...

I havent used boot flags - any of them...iStat Menus and Activity Monitor show both threads...

Try deleting the AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement kext...

Thanks, I've deleted AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext from my SL partition, and rebuilt extensions.mkext on both my EFI partition and on my SL partition. It seems if I build the mkext's under single user mode, I do not get the UUID error I reported earlier...

I'm not 100% sure if this has worked howver, I have yet to get a kernel panic, but Safari seems to be crashing a lot, especially when playing youtube vids! Could my CPU be overheating maybe?

Is it worth getting rid of AppleIntelCpuPowerManagementClient.kext also or will this make no difference?

Well, I tried to boot up today it KP's on boot. Something about AppleACPIplatform not working properly, I think deleting AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement may have caused this. I couldn't even boot into single user mode to restore AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement, so I'm starting again from scratch and re-installing SL.

http://aspire1.ru/forum/9-3332-1 original guide here

I'm glad my instructions turned out to be useful even though less requested since chameleon rc3 and pc-efi 10.3 has come out. However it's considered a good tone providing the link to the original post.

DSDT and SSDT dumps were taken from gentoo linux and RTC HPET GPE VGA PSS PCT CST LIDS, adding DTGP method and the "Creating a named object in a While loop" error were manually patched by me. The attachment contains the latest version.

DSDT.aml.zip

http://aspire1.ru/forum/9-3332-1 original guide here

I'm glad my instructions turned out to be useful even though less requested since chameleon rc3 and pc-efi 10.3 has come out. However it's considered a good tone providing the link to the original post.

DSDT and SSDT dumps were taken from gentoo linux and RTC HPET GPE VGA PSS PCT CST LIDS, adding DTGP method and the "Creating a named object in a While loop" error were manually patched by me. The attachment contains the latest version.

DSDT.aml.zip

Hi, thanks for posting your patched DSDT, may I ask what BIOS version you are running? I'm running v3114 and I'm getting kernel panics with my own patched DSDT, and this is the first time I've tried it so hame probably done something wrong... :)

The only change I applied was removing 2 lines from the RTC section... Can I ask what the DTGP method does?

Hi, thanks for posting your patched DSDT, may I ask what BIOS version you are running? I'm running v3114 and I'm getting kernel panics with my own patched DSDT, and this is the first time I've tried it so hame probably done something wrong... :unsure:

The only change I applied was removing 2 lines from the RTC section... Can I ask what the DTGP method does?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0&start=240

Here is the link to what GMX is talking about DTGP...

Finally someone found the original link...I checked it, but seems like there is no more activity there...thanks GMX.

Hi, thanks for posting your patched DSDT, may I ask what BIOS version you are running? I'm running v3114 and I'm getting kernel panics with my own patched DSDT, and this is the first time I've tried it so hame probably done something wrong... ;)

Try removing voodooPowerMini.kext and rebuilding the caches and see if that improves the systems stability

HI everybody, i read this post the information is great. I have a Acer Aspire One AO751h, any person have a litter idea for install Snow Leopard in this PC.

The configuratuon is:

CPU Type: Intel Atom Z520 1.33GHz, 1330MHz

CPU Alias: Silverthorne

CPU Stepping: C0

Intrucction Set: x86, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3

Motherboard: Acer AO751h

Motherboard Bus Type: Intel AGTL+

Chipset: North Bridge: Intel Poulsbo US15W

Bios Type: Phonix Bios 4.0 Realease 6.1

Bios Version: VO.3204(Intel 8100 rev.7)

Video: Intel Graphics media Accelerator 500, Open GL 1.1, Support 2.0

Audio: Realtek ALC272 @ Intel US15W- High Definition Audio Contreller

Wireless Network: Atheros AR5007EG (AR5006X)

Ethernet Network: Realtek PCIe Family Controller ( Realtek RTL8139/810X)

Apreciate any person can help me for this installetion, any info is good. I know to maybe have problem with video card, sound card and bout Ethernet. I had a litter experiens because i installed iatkos v4 into AA0 150. Thank and the page in wonderfull. Take care everyone. Sorry for my english i know is realy, realy bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Great guide! Would this also work for an Acer Aspire One 110? Think the only difference is that the 110 has a SSD and not a hard drive?

i can confirm that the installation works on the A110. I even use the same DSDT as provided. I have however replaced the original SSD with a Toshiba 60G 1.8" hdd and the original wifi card with a compatible Broadcom card. in my opinion, the original SSD is just too slow to run SL

Followed this guide and everything works, well not exactly everything, sleep still a problem but that's minor. I have also upgraded to 10.6.1 without incident

Try removing voodooPowerMini.kext and rebuilding the caches and see if that improves the systems stability

Thanks, it turned out to be voodoopower that was causing the problems, I'm not using a different version and no more KP's!

Now if only sleep would work... Maybe with some hardcore DSDT editing?

I've been playing with this today on an Aspire One A150, originally running iAtkos 10.5.7

Pretty much everything worked, upgrades to 10.6.1 and net and sound still work as in 10.5.7, but I'm stuck on the GMA950 kexts (no go in 10.6 or 10.6.1 yet).

A couple of times I've been stuck and not able to get in even with single user mode as someone mentioned above. At those times, I boot from the iAtkos DVD, mount my HD and clear the kexts and kextcache and I can get back in...

Not sure what I'm doing wrong not to be able to get the GMA950 drivers happening, possibly my Chameleon is too old?

Anyone have any luck using kexthelper or osx86tools to install the GMA950 kexts on this thread?

well, I seem to have killed it for good this time :P

My Chameleon is green and says "v2.0-RC1 r" so I'm guessing it's a bit old...

Will do a reinstall of iAtkos i7 10.5.7 and try again...

• 2 weeks later...
I've been playing with this today on an Aspire One A150, originally running iAtkos 10.5.7

Pretty much everything worked, upgrades to 10.6.1 and net and sound still work as in 10.5.7, but I'm stuck on the GMA950 kexts (no go in 10.6 or 10.6.1 yet).

A couple of times I've been stuck and not able to get in even with single user mode as someone mentioned above. At those times, I boot from the iAtkos DVD, mount my HD and clear the kexts and kextcache and I can get back in...

Not sure what I'm doing wrong not to be able to get the GMA950 drivers happening, possibly my Chameleon is too old?

Anyone have any luck using kexthelper or osx86tools to install the GMA950 kexts on this thread?

well, I seem to have killed it for good this time :angel:

My Chameleon is green and says "v2.0-RC1 r" so I'm guessing it's a bit old...

Will do a reinstall of iAtkos i7 10.5.7 and try again...

I actually work for Geek Attack! We have multiple Acer Aspire One's A110 and A150 running 10.6.1 and one on 10.6.2 with everything working besides (sigh) Sleep. I think that I will never see it go to sleep... We are working on a fix but so far it is like 2% progress...

So if you need any help look at my posts or go in the Market section...

I actually work for Geek Attack! We have multiple Acer Aspire One's A110 and A150 running 10.6.1 and one on 10.6.2 with everything working besides (sigh) Sleep. I think that I will never see it go to sleep... We are working on a fix but so far it is like 2% progress...

So if you need any help look at my posts or go in the Market section...

This is what i did, i did a vanilla install, using chameleon rc2 bootloader, booted up, installed 10.6.1... then installed netbook installer, (Caution: install SL first if you are dual booting, it is known to mess up boot loader)

Another question which may have been discussed already. On first boot after install of snow leopard my webcam could be used with photo booth and ichat. Now after a couple of reboots it is not seen by photo booth just a black screen but ichat shows it. I read something about resolution with the generic webcam driver or something. But why did it work the first time and not after the fact?

It shows up under usb devices in profiler

14440_1235110807869_1532173848_30640675_6951299_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I had the same issue with the resolution only being 800x600. I followed the lead mentioned in this thread, and copied the snowGMA files into /S/L/E folder, then tried to perform the patching steps with the kextcache command. When I did so, it refused to incorporate the two .kext files, failing with the error:

AppleIntelGMA950.kext is not authentic; omitting from mkext.

And a similar error for the other one. How can I get it to accept them? I tried the -f option, which should force the issue, but it still failed with the same error.

Is there something I'm missing, or is there a better way to fix the resolution problem?

TIA,

Trog

Well... I did get it going and found out why I was unable to before...

I needed to remote the original kexts out of /S/L/E... I am not sure if this is a "Boot Think" loader issue or this is how it must be done as I am not used to having duplicate kexts in the first place.

Oh well... I will dig further, thanks for the files.

• 1 month later...

is there any updates regarding the Atheros card? I'm begining to consider that DW1390... well, I installed Snow Leopard using mechdrews tutorial about installing retail from another mac :D, added voodoohda and everything was working! Trackpad working really well, 2 finger click and scroll like a real mac ;), intel GMA was already installed on the first boot! just missing Mic, Wireless, and the Card Readers... (obviously sleep)

Also, I'm triple booting SL, Windows 7 and Jolicloud using Chameleon RC3

• 3 weeks later...
1) When running on battery the CPU clock goes to half. (Confirmed with XBench...)

Seems power-managment thinks this is a good idea.... It goes back to full speed

when you plug in the external power supply.

any solutions?

it's really SLOW when I use it without external power supply

can't even watch youtube smoothly

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...