Installing on one hard dirve

alltoorobot

7 posts in this topic

I have a 500gig hard drive split in half. The active partition is running Leo 10.5.8. I have installed Snow on the other partition. I ran into trouble choosing which OS I ran. Ideally I would like to be able to choose which OS I want to run from a bootloader. I'd like to ween myself off leo 10.5.8.

I arranged files so that my bootloader would load but with this configuration of files in my extra folder, I could not boot into my leo install. Is there any way I can configure my bootloader to use specific booting data from specific installs which are both on the same hard drive. An easy but costly solution I realize is to get another hard drive and to boot from that hard drive from bios but I don't have access to another sata hd right now.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I have a 500gig hard drive split in half. The active partition is running Leo 10.5.8. I have installed Snow on the other partition. I ran into trouble choosing which OS I ran. Ideally I would like to be able to choose which OS I want to run from a bootloader. I'd like to ween myself off leo 10.5.8.

I arranged files so that my bootloader would load but with this configuration of files in my extra folder, I could not boot into my leo install. Is there any way I can configure my bootloader to use specific booting data from specific installs which are both on the same hard drive. An easy but costly solution I realize is to get another hard drive and to boot from that hard drive from bios but I don't have access to another sata hd right now.

Chameleon RC3. You can have 2 extensions mkexts in your extra folder. One for Leo and one for snow.

I am running both on a 200g IDE as follows.

Leopard 150g partition 1

Install 10g partition 2

Snow 40g partition 3

I put the rc3 boot file on the leopard partition

Snow partition has its own /extra folder and boot file

At boot I choose which drive and bam it works :)

I dont see them in there. maybe i can just make them myself or im using a bad installer I see them in the bin folder

I might be wrong but her is how my system goes....

The boot file on the root of my 1st partition is loaded.

After I choose what HDD/Partition in Chameleon it then loads the E/E from that drive.