[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

10.6.2 Update

Using default D_D script Audio kexts (AppleHDA & HDAEnabler) in S/L/E.

After update to 10.6.2 no sound outputs.

System Profiler reports

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID:	0x1458A102
 Audio ID:	12
 Available Devices:

Anyone confirm this?

Typical, posted this then tried reinstalling kexts - Sound now working fine

I have the "black screen with corrupted graphics" problem as well. I installed the latest DD's patch, which installed ATYinit.kext to /Extra. This kext should be installed in /S/L/E? I have ATI 4850 1GB.

I give up 4850. Still the same graphics corruption even with 10.6.2 and LegacyATI4800Controller.kext.

With old 7600GT everything works, I've updated to 10.6.2, replaced NullCPU and SleepEnabler with new versions from Netkas. System does not wake from sleep, screen is black on wakeup.

I had the same problem. I could use evoenabler fine but the card made 'unhealthy' strange noises.

I followed this for my 4850 - the second method was the only one that worked for me:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...181405&st=0

Thanks mkotewicz, now I'm trying to build a solid system with 8600GT, then I will play with the graphics.

I am still unable to make the wake from sleep working. Screen remains black after wake. I think I should enable "Start up automatically after a power failure" in System Preferences / Energy Saver, but I don't have such option there. Now I am trying some DSDT fix that should make this accessible: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1317225

Edit: I am reading all the threads about various DSDT fixes and I am totally puzzled. Is there a way to modify the DD's patch so it generates correct DSDT with HPET patch, PX40 patch, IDE1 and IDE2 patch and other patches for patches as described in http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1306365 ??? Thanks!

Edit2: With emilo's DSDT from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1306365 the "Start up automatically after a power failure" option is displayed, I enabled it but I'm still unable to wake from sleep. Screen is still black on wakeup. :(

I give up 4850. Still the same graphics corruption even with 10.6.2 and LegacyATI4800Controller.kext.

With old 7600GT everything works, I've updated to 10.6.2, replaced NullCPU and SleepEnabler with new versions from Netkas. System does not wake from sleep, screen is black on wakeup.

For ATI 4850 did you try my post # 803 here ?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1325766

:(

Edit2: With emilo's DSDT from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1306365 the "Start up automatically after a power failure" option is displayed, I enabled it but I'm still unable to wake from sleep. Screen is still black on wakeup. :)

If you using my DSDT with nVidia card:

- make sure you have F9E bios on your mobo and use PC EFI 10.5

- make sure you replaced Device (PCI0) section of my DSDT to match your video card.

- make sure "Device (PCI0)" in your DSDT has pciroot=1: Name (_UID, One)

- make sure that EthernetBuiltIn=yes and GraphicsEnabler=yes in boot.plist

- if GraphicsEnabler=yes in com.apple.boot.plist is working, remove ATY_Init.kext from /S/L/E.

- if possible, use your card NVIDIA.ROM in /Extra with VideoROM=NVIDIA.ROM in boot.plist

- try sleep with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed to /S/L/E

(don't forget to update caches every time you play with kexts)

If you have a picture but getting KP after awake:

- delete: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.applePowerManagament.plist

- reboot and move two sliders inside EnergySaver preferences to desired positions.

- make sure that "Start up automatically after power failure" is checked.

- reboot with -s and update caches with buildcache commannd.

Hey guys,

I almost upgraded successfully to 10.6.2.

Almost, as I can't use my second display anymore.

I integrated the DSDT fixes last week (in 10.6.1), so I had very few kexts depending on.

I installed the combo updater and rebooted, the verbose output came and when it tried to start

the GUI, it just gave me a black screen.

After some experiments I found out that all ways of getting graphics to work (GraphicsEnabler=Yes, EFI string, injectors like NVenabler etc) brought the same result.

So I switched back to 32bit and removed my second display (Sony LCD TV), boom, it worked again (with GraphicsEnabler, like it did before).

But as soon as I reconnect the second display, the first freezes and that's it. If I disconnect the second one again, the first won't come back and just stays frozen.

What did Apple change in 10.6.2 and does anyone else have this problem?

I never use sleep so I simply deleted sleepenabler and updated to 10.6.2, but it's still panicking on boot (sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler etc)

Did I miss something stupid? How can I fix this?

Did you rebuild the kexts after you deleted sleepenabler.kext?

Did you rebuild the kexts after you deleted sleepenabler.kext?

Nope, I guess that's why I asked if I missed something stupid! Now I feel dumb.

How can I do it now? I tried booting with the -f flag, but that resulted in a KP too.

Edit: Will DD's buildcache script run in Leopard?

How can I do it now? I tried booting with the -f flag, but that resulted in a KP too.

No, you cant build 64 bit cache in Leopard, you need to do it in single user mode

I guess it won't let you boot with a -x switch either? Did you use carbon copy cloner to make a clone? If not, you could boot off of the osx install dvd to get into single user mode (I believe you hit command S), mount the drive if it isn't mounted, and then build the kexts.

Wow, this thread has so many twists and turns in it! :)

All I want to do is install the latest SL on my UD5 with Nvidia GTS250. Can I follow the instructions in the first post to get it running?

I suggest you take the updated script from page 36 and follow instructions.

You'll end up with a bootable system. Graphics and sound will most probably need additional tweaking though.

I nuked this post because I finally figured it out:

If you accidentally install 10.6.2 with SleepEnabler still in place or in the kext cache, and have no backup install, mount your boot drive on another Mac or Hackintosh running 10.6, delete the offending kext, and run DD's install script (but just the option to rebuild the boot cache) and you'll be up and running.

It seems dead simple now, but I think my horrendous flu is short-circuiting my brain.

If you using my DSDT with nVidia card:

- make sure you replaced Device (PCI0) section of my DSDT to match your video card.

- make sure "Device (PCI0)" in your DSDT has pciroot=1: Name (_UID, One)

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I don't know how to edit the DSDT, I don't know what PCI0 matches my video card, I don't know what is pciroot=1: Name _UID.... Isn't there a way to edit the DD's installer so it creates a valid DSDT with all necessary fixes?

Thank you!

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I don't know how to edit the DSDT, I don't know what PCI0 matches my video card, I don't know what is pciroot=1: Name _UID.... Isn't there a way to edit the DD's installer so it creates a valid DSDT with all necessary fixes?

Thank you!

Then use method from CruiSAr not requiring DSDT patches and using EFI strings for video.

You can find it here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...d=1318922

its confusing me... i dont use sleep enabler either and still scared to update... is there anything else i need... read netkas....

Hi, If you don't have sleepenabler installed, you should have no problem updating your system. Once you reboot, you might not hear the sound. If so, you just need to go to Sys Config and change sound back to Internal Speakers.

For ME, I just bought a Rosewill SATA USB adapter.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...amp;Tpk=RCW-608

I found it quite useful handling a lot of HDD even non hackintosh related, so you might find a use for it inthe future for other purposes. I would connect your 1TB hard drive to your Macbook Pro with the Rosewill cable. The HDD will show up on your MBP like any other external HDD. Run Dreamer's script choosing the 1TB hard drive. Install leopard etc. Just remember to chose the PC-EFI bootloader and run the DSDT when your HDD is installed into your hackintosh computer.

I found the Rosewill extremely useful, because if I ever ran into a kernel panic, I could just reinstall the script or mess around with the kext with my macbook, and then just reinstall the HDD into your desktop.

I have a SATA usb connector, my only question is at what point do I actually unplug the 1TB drive from my macbook and put it inside my tower? Is it after I reboot?

Sorry one more thing, do you guys know if it will support a Nvidia GTX260?

Help much appreciated.

One more thing! When I format my disk and partition it, how do I format it as ntfs in disk utility? It only allows ms-dos (fat), Mac (journaled),etc. And when I partition it were do I choose GUID partition table, it looks like its already the default?

I suggest you take the updated script from page 36 and follow instructions.

You'll end up with a bootable system. Graphics and sound will most probably need additional tweaking though.

okay, thanks. I have a fully working 10.5.7 with a EFI string for the graphics card in com.apple.boot.plist. Can I just copy this com.apple.boot.plist from my 10.5.7 install into the SL install?

One other question. I see the latest update kills Atom support. Is it easy for Apple to kill our installs as well?

I have a SATA usb connector, my only question is at what point do I actually unplug the 1TB drive from my macbook and put it inside my tower? Is it after I reboot?

Sorry one more thing, do you guys know if it will support a Nvidia GTX260?

Help much appreciated.

One more thing! When I format my disk and partition it, how do I format it as ntfs in disk utility? It only allows ms-dos (fat), Mac (journaled),etc. And when I partition it were do I choose GUID partition table, it looks like its already the default?

You can go all the way to step 11.

I'm pretty sure mac disk utility can't do ntfs from what I understand. If you are planning on runnings windows and SL off one hdd... you might have to follow this guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=186186

Some useful info for new GA-EX58-UD5 users:

Gigabyte released GA-EX58-UD5 mobo with pciroot=1 in BIOS which suggests that we should use it in DSDT to avoid potential problems ( have Name (_UID, One) or Name (_UID, 0x01) in Device (PCI0) section of DSDT ).

All versions of Chameleon bootloader support only pciroot=0 so I am trying to avoid it, even that it is possible to use it when pciroot in DSDT is changed from 1 to 0.

Netka's PC EFI 10.3/10.4 has pciroot=1 by default so it is perfect for GA-EX58-UD5 mobo.

Netka's PC EFI 10.5 is auto-detecting pciroot from DSDT, but you must have DSDT present for auto-detection to work, or use -pci1 at boot or as kernel flag in com.apple.boot.plist to tell bootloader to use pciroot=1

In order to generate valid DSDT with DD's scrip, you should boot without any DSDT present and then run DD's script to generate one. Note: Without DSDT present, your CMOS will reset on next reboot, so you will have to setup your BIOS again.

Generating new DSDT when old one is present in /Extra, will get you copy of old DSDT instead of new clean one !!!

Booting without DSDT is only possible with Netka's PC EFI 10.3/10.4/10.5 bootloaders as they will not allow for boot process to stall without DSDT present. Note: With PC EFI 10.5 and DSDT absent, auto-detecting will not work, so you must tell bootloader to use pciroot=1 by entering -pci1 at boot screen or by using -pci1 kernel flag in com.apple.boot.plist.

DSDT generated this way will have proper information about hardware attached to your mobo.

People with the same mobo using DD's script to make DSDT will have identical DSDT with exception of video card code located under Device (PCI0) section of DSDT and patches applied later.

So you can use anybody's DSDT having the same mobo as long you are using the same BIOS version and if you replace Device (PCI0) code section (video card info) with your own.

PC EFI V10.3 info

Includes all features of 10/10.1 (like 64-bit efi pages and etc) plus:

Introduces new features, like support for injecting ati radeon 48×0 cards in bootloader, like chameleon2 rc3 does for nvidia.

Video and ethernet devices now listed in PCI Cards section of system profiler.(if graphicsenabler/ethernetbuiltin used)

Now about inbooter injector:

Chameleon2 RC3 supports only pciroot = 0, many new motherboards have pciroot=1.

To find your mobo pciroot value when DSDT is not present, use this osx terminal command:

ioreg -l | grep -15 AppleACPIPCI\  | grep UID

Now, pciroot=1 is used in PC EFI 10.3 by default so if you want pciroot to be "0" use:

1. (For one boot only) Use -pci0 boot option to temporary set UID of PCI to 0:

type -pci0 at boot time (graphical screen with the chameleon)

2. (Permanent) To set _UID of PCI0 to 0 instead of 1 in your DSDT.

add -pci0 to com.apple.boot.plist file of the active partition like this :

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-pci0</string>

3. (Permanent) If you don't modify com.apple.boot.plist then find this entry in DSDT:

Device (PCI0) { … Name (_UID, One) … }

and change to

Device (PCI0) { … Name (_UID, Zero) … }

To activate video/ethernet injector just use same options in boot.plist that used in Chameleon RC2+ and remove device properties key. Options are:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>y</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>y</string>

ATI injector is designed for Snow Leopard, so don't use it in Leopard with 4830/4850 (you will get screen flickerings)

PC EFI V10.4 info

Includes all features of 10.3 plus:

• GraphicsEnabler now supports Radeon hd 2/3 series too, but only for Leopard

• GraphicsEnabler now set up bin_image property for all radeon hd cards found in system, should fix 100% fan speed issue.

• You can tell GraphicsEnabler(GE) to use custom version of bios (for overcloking/changing fan speed/ etc). Use option -useatirom, and GE will look for bios files in /Extra folder (from root and boot partitions, Extra from root partition has more priority). Place bios files to Extra folder and rename them to this format ati_XXXX_YYYY.rom, where XXXX is dev-id, and YYYY is vendor-id, for example rom file for 4850 should be named ati_9442_1002.rom.

• 3rd party sm_cpu_type patch added (well, doesnt work for me anyway) and 3d party patch to fix hibernation.

• Proper enumerating of all pci ethernet/video devices

• Support for radeon hd 4730 (rv770 based card) added to GE, the card wasn’t tested tho

• Support for multiple Radeon hd 48×0 cards in SnowLeopard

Installation: make sure you have chameleon2 installed, then replace boot file.

Also, with legacyAti4800Controller kext, don't forget about adding dev-id to that kext after every update.

p.s. Updated Graphics Enabler now works with 10.6.2 and ati 48×0 gpus.

PC EFI v10.5 info

Includes all features of 10.3 and 10.4 plus:

• Automatic detection of pci root uid value(for GraphicsEnabler and ethernetbuiltin options) based on parsing DSDT.aml file (if you dont use custom DSDT.aml, you will need to use -pci1 flag in case you have uid=1) . If booter fails to detect it or you dont have _UID property in pciroot (in dsdt) then UID=0 used by default, but, if you have UID=1 and booter fails to detect it, use -pci1 boot flag. Uid detection works really well in most cases.

• Added aserebln’s patch for better cpu type detection, for example I dont need to add SMcputype key anymore

• Better handling of pci slot names if nvidia card present

• New version of chameleon based booter includes these new abilities:

• GraphicsEnabler now supports Radeon hd 2/3 series too, but only for Leopard

• GraphicsEnabler now set up bin image property for all radeon hd cards found in system, should fix 100% fan speed issue.

• You can tell GraphicsEnabler(GE) to use custom version of bios(for overcloking/changing fan speed/ etc). Use option -useatirom, and GE will look for bios files in /Extra folder (from root and boot partitions, Extra from root partition has more priority). Place bios files to Extra folder and rename them to this format ati_XXXX_YYYY.rom, where XXXX is dev-id, and YYYY is vendor-id, for example rom file for 4850 should be named ati_9442_1002.rom.

• 3rd party sm_cpu_type patch added (well, doesnt work for me anyway) and 3d party patch to fix hibernation.

• Proper enumerating of all pci ethernet/video devices

• Support for radeon hd 4730 (rv770 based card) added to GE, the card wasn’t tested tho

• Support for multiple Radeon hd 48×0 cards in SnowLeopard

• Added GE support for 2600 and 3870 in snowleopard, need to remove x2000.kext to get reschange, other pre-4xxx cards need to be tested yet

Radeon 4830/4850/4870×2/4890 users, tired of adding device-id to ATI4800Controller.kext after every update use this kext in Extra mkext: http://files.netkas.org/10.6.2/LegacyATI48...er.kext.tar.bz2

After booting into SL succesfully, my GFX worked so did net I went to just update my screen resolution to my monitors settings. Then the screen turned all blue and nothing happend? Whenever I try to restart I get this same blue screen?

Any thoughts?