[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

I have the "black screen with corrupted graphics" problem as well. I installed the latest DD's patch, which installed ATYinit.kext to /Extra. This kext should be installed in /S/L/E? I have ATI 4850 1GB.

I not sure if ATYinit.kext does work with 4850 card,

but I know that PC EFI 10.4.1 or PC EFI 10.5 bootloader with GraphicEnabler=yes in boot.plist can do it for sure.

You may also have to use legacyATI4800Controller.kext in /Extra (add your card dev-id to that kext on each OSX update):

http://files.netkas.org/10.6.2/LegacyATI48...er.kext.tar.bz2

Without DSDT present, above bootloaders deafult to pciroot=0 so before you create your DSDT you should boot with -pci1

or add -pci1 flag to your com.apple.boot.plist.

Check PC EFI 10.4.1 info: http://netkas.org/?p=245

Install ATYinit to S/L/E and make sure to boot in 32 bit mode. You can find ATYinit.kext in DD's script folder in the folder 10.6 under graphics

How can I install it with out video? I tried to boot in -v -x32 and -s, both hangs the system after loading all the kext.

I don't understand what he means by you need two seperate drives. In order to install snow leopard 10.6.1 do you need a hackintosh already running windows or 10.5? Currently I have a brand new GA-EX58-UD5 board with i7 processor and one 1TB drive that I believe is fully formated. How do I go about installing 10.6.1, I have a macbook pro that I can partition and styff on, is there a easier to follow guide for nooobies like me?

Thanks!

For ME, I just bought a Rosewill SATA USB adapter.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...amp;Tpk=RCW-608

I found it quite useful handling a lot of HDD even non hackintosh related, so you might find a use for it inthe future for other purposes. I would connect your 1TB hard drive to your Macbook Pro with the Rosewill cable. The HDD will show up on your MBP like any other external HDD. Run Dreamer's script choosing the 1TB hard drive. Install leopard etc. Just remember to chose the PC-EFI bootloader and run the DSDT when your HDD is installed into your hackintosh computer.

I found the Rosewill extremely useful, because if I ever ran into a kernel panic, I could just reinstall the script or mess around with the kext with my macbook, and then just reinstall the HDD into your desktop.

How can I install it with out video? I tried to boot in -v -x32 and -s, both hangs the system after loading all the kext.

I guess we need to boot in vesa mode then. boot in single user mode and type the following followed by enter at the end of each line

mount -uw /

mkdir /kext_backup

mv /System/Library/Extensions/ATI* /kext_backup

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches

reboot

This will remove all the ATI kext from S/L/E so u can boot with low graphics. when you get in to SL, go to netkas.org for Radeon support.I dont have much experience with ATI cards as I dont use one

You can safely update to 10.6.2 (if you use Emilo's configuration with the DSDT hacks)

BUT BEWARE:

Because sleepenabler.kext isn't compatible with 10.6.2, you need to use the new version of this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1323376

I also have the new sleepenabler.kext in this post so you can immediately download it. Update this kext before you apply the update (more specifically, before you restart) because the old sleepenabler will give you a kernel panic when booting in 10.6.2.

Credits for this new version of Sleepenabler.kext goes to the one who made it (which i think is rals2007 because he posted it xD ;) ).

SleepEnabler_for_10.6.2_.kext.zip

Oops I updated before I got rid of sleep enabler.

Am I able to get rid of it anyhow? I've tried going in with -x -s flags but it KP's after loading sleepenabler.

Do I need to restore from Time Machine or is there a way in?

Thanks

In single user mode (-x)

after doing

mount -uw /

when removing a kext u need to type:

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/xxx.kext

Assuming you have DD's script installed, then type

buildcache

Oops I updated before I got rid of sleep enabler.

Am I able to get rid of it anyhow? I've tried going in with -x -s flags but it KP's after loading sleepenabler.

Do I need to restore from Time Machine or is there a way in?

Thanks

Do you have another Snow Leopard install on your machine? I personally always use a second install of Snow Leopard do to my tests on (on that test install i found out about Sleepenabler...) before I do anything on my main install...

Maybe you could just delete sleepenabler.kext from your extra folder with a ubuntu live cd? However... than you would need to recreate your caches...

In single user mode (-s)

after doing

mount -uw /

when removing a kext u need to type:

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/xxx.kext

Assuming you have DD's script installed, then type

buildcache

Slight typo I think

Try -x (single) rather than -s (safe) mode, helped me out of a few booting pickles in the past

read the boothelp text when you select from chameleon command line

Slight typo I think

Try -x (single) rather than -s (safe) mode, helped me out of a few booting pickles in the past

read the boothelp text when you select from chameleon command line

Yeah I tried -x and -s (and in combination) and it still KP'd.

See my solution above though.

Working SL 32/64 Bit Install

This was a request made by Emilo so for those interested you can download the files modify and use as you wish....besides they are not my files... :P

Everything is working and when I mean everything, I am referring to my needs. My Hack goes to sleep when I tell it to and also wakes when I move my mouse or hit a key. It also goes to sleep when its not attended to. Smart eh... :P

Anyways, here is my method of install.

I burnt this boot CD and used it to boot and install off the Retail DVD.

After install I used DD's script to patch my DSDT, install Chameleon 2RC3 and the necessary kexts.

Note I used ATYInit in S/L/E on first boot and realised it was only 32 bit so I created EFI strings for GPU instead

In S/L/E

RealtekR1000.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

The RealtekR1000 kext is the one Steve posted yesterday and it works wonderfully.

VoodooHDA is both 32/64 bit compatible so if you dont want to patch your DSDT like moi, then use this kext. It has excellent layout options and my Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System works like a charm using 6 channel Direct effect. Full surround :)

In Extra/Stored_Kexts

AppleIntelPIIXATA

fakesmc

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

JMicronATA

NullCPUPowerManagement

OpenHaltRestart

PlatformUUID

SleepEnabler

I have no com.apple.boot.Plist in my Extra folder. I deleted this when I realised it was ignored and the one found in Library/Preferences/SytemConfiguration was being used instead. (who the heck makes these decisions..LOL)

Anyways I have attached the 2 kexts in S/L/E, smbios.plist and my DSDT

Happy hacking and you can post or pm if extra help is needed...I might take a while in replying though.

Thanks to DD for his wonderful Script and Steve for posting the RealtekR1000 kext and to all you folks who pitched in here and there.

NB. Paragon NTFS doesnt work in 64 bit mode so my Windows 7 disk fails to mount, Working on a FIX

What disk format did you use for your windows 7 install?

Still no success. I installed Mac OS X to an empty HDD using my MacBook Pro, I applied the DD's patch, replaced bootloader with Netkas' 10.5 boot, set -pci1 kernel flag and GraphicsEnabler to 'y'. Still the corrupted graphics on startup.

I guess I will wait for an updated guide for 10.6.2 or try another VGA card.

Still no success. I installed Mac OS X to an empty HDD using my MacBook Pro, I applied the DD's patch, replaced bootloader with Netkas' 10.5 boot, set -pci1 kernel flag and GraphicsEnabler to 'y'. Still the corrupted graphics on startup.

I guess I will wait for an updated guide for 10.6.2 or try another VGA card.

Did you add netkas new kext?

Radeon 4830/4850/4870×2/4890 users, tired of adding device-id to ATI4800Controller.kext after every update ? Use this kext in Extra mkext.

Just updated to 10.6.2 on my 58-UD5 and 45-UD4P and they seem to work just fine. I don't use sleepenabler so it was not an issue. Just to test it though, I installed the 6.2 version and there wasn't and no KP.

its confusing me... i dont use sleep enabler either and still scared to update... is there anything else i need... read netkas....

I give up 4850. Still the same graphics corruption even with 10.6.2 and LegacyATI4800Controller.kext.

With old 7600GT everything works, I've updated to 10.6.2, replaced NullCPU and SleepEnabler with new versions from Netkas. System does not wake from sleep, screen is black on wakeup.