4496 replies to this topic

Craig4

Craig4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Anybody can help me ?

To begin, Thanks you very very much for your work and excuse my language because I'm Frech .
Okay, I followed all steps exept one.
I have a macbook who's running SL and I do all step from that.
Then I can't create a DSDT.aml file.
When I boot on SL after running all step, I get this message :

:/ root# panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2f7d1f60): "No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-90/pmThread.c:148
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
0x2f70bf08 : 0x21acfa (0x5ce650 0x2f70bf3c 0x223156 0x0)
0x2f70bf58 : 0x2f7d1f60 (0x2f7dd3a8 0x8 0xc120e4db 0x4)
0x2f70bfc8 : 0x29c68c (0x0 0x0 0x222334 0x222334)
Kernel Extentions in backtrace (with dependencies):
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement( 90.0.0)@0x2f7cd000->0x2f7e4fff

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Mas OS version :
10A432

Kernel version :
Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0:Fri Jul 31 22:47:34 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1456.1.25~1/RELEASE_I386
System model name: MacPro4,1

System uptime in nanoseconds: 20613344669

I get this same error

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Sleep works, but probably my system there is something wrong ... this is not a rule that every time I wake up the KP, is once and another time the system wakes up properly. I attach a screen with KP, and a list kexts. Please Write down where to look ...?

Sleep and wake from sleep is a rather elusive goal for many. The more devices you have, the greater the odds are of having issues. It's dependent on the support of all current peripherals/devices plugged in and that they be "sleep-aware" - meaning that they can go to sleep on demand and wake on demand, a tricky proposition. It's tricky because sleep requires that all devices be idle or not busy. If they are busy, the action must be suspended or aborted, if possible. On wake, it requires all devices to be in a known state and resume where they left off. Not every device can pull this off successfully, bringing down the whole chain.

Okay, I followed all steps exept one.
I have a macbook who's running SL and I do all step from that.
Then I can't create a DSDT.aml file.

I'll update the Tutorial and FAQs regarding this issue:
If you're not able to create a DSDT file, because you are not on the target system, use the PC-EFI v10 bootloader. This bootloader will allow you to boot into Snow Leopard without the patched DSDT file. The other bootloaders stall here.

Script report Snow wrongly (I am using Snow on my recovery disk to install Snow to main disk) so I have to edit it in this way to run :

case "$RUNNING_OS" in
"10.5") OS_NAME="Leopard";;
*) OS_NAME="Snow Leopard";;
*) echo -e "${yellow}${bold}${rev} IMPROPER OS! This script will only run on \
Leopard or Snow Leopard OS! ${plain}\n"; echo -e "Running OS version: $RUNNING_OS ($OS_BUILD)" >> "$LOG"; exit;;

I found permission issue with installing any program to S/L/E (try Soundflower-1.4.3.dmg).
last the Bonjour Networking protocol not working and I can not see my printers and Ext Hard Disks.

The OS version bug should be fixed and you can download the update. The script file download is also available toward the bottom of the first page, if you don't want to download the entire package.

What do you mean by "permission issue with installing any program to S/L/E (try Soundflower-1.4.3.dmg)?"

Make sure that you don't have folder called EFI at ~/Desktop, it's kinda broke this script. :)

I upgraded the new chameleon rc3 and new kext, and It now fixed the harddrive icons, and that those sata drives are not anymore eject drives. But it now mount's the EFI partition, even there is
/Volumes/EFI/.fseventsd/no_log

Is there any fix for that?

Did you have a folder called, "EFI" on your desktop that created issues for the script? Can you elaborate on what happened?
I might, or should, have the script do a check for the existence of a "EFI" file on the desktop prior to a mount, just to be sure something like that doesn't happen. Amazing what unexpected scenarios can take place.
Also, are you saying that the EFI partition is now visible on your desktop and doesn't go away? If so, can you still "view" the EFI partition or do EFI partition steps in the script?

regard,
MAJ

edvardlee

edvardlee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
hi juxtron, can you tell me how you ogot hd 4870 working?

thanks

ed

Hi all

Worked for me with no major trouble. (started ffrom a DD's method 10.5.7)

HD 4870, dual screen, sleep, wakeup, reboot, shutdown, lan x2, audio, time machine, including audio pro apps like nuendo 4 (still 32bits version) and twistedwave, final cut ok, old projects opened with no trouble.
No protools...

Script seems really fine, but essential to build cache in -s, otherwise I got a corrupt video hang at the end of boot process.

Two things :

1. Audio kexts needed to be placed in S/L/E
2. Lan x2 only when adding IONetworkingFamily.kext in S/L/E

I'll post any other script related news.

Great job, as usual, DD, thanks a lot.
Any chance to have DSDT editing and EFI string detection and injection included into script ?

Thanks again !!!!

Juxtron

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

I get this same error

Are you trying to work without the DSDT file, too?
If so, try the PC-EFI v10 bootloader - it will allow the system to move ahead without it.

MAJ

Dith

Dith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I've been trying for the last 5 hours to get my install working. Perhaps someone knows what's going wrong.
When I boot up using -v -x32 flags it shows me a bunch of Realtek messages before completely stalling or perhaps even freezing. I waited several minutes for something to happen and nothing ever does, also no activity on the HD led.

What I have tried:
- Flashed latest bios
- CMOS reset on the motherboard (was also done after flashing the bios)
- Build the caches in single user mode, done this multiple times since I've been adding and removing kexts.
- Replaced the RealtekR1000.kext with the latest from the Realtek website, just to see if it would boot.
- Removed dmos, Sleepenabler and NullCPUPowerManagement and replaced it with fakesmc.kext. Removing sleepenabler was just a test to see if it would work, I hear you still need it with fakesmc.
- Starting from scratch and rerunning the script.
- Rebuild DSDT.aml and place it in the root (/) but also keeping it in Extra.
- Install Chameleon RC3 and PC-EFI, currently using PC-EFI.

I own a EX58-UD3R motherboard, it differs from the UD5 board as it has 1 LAN port less and an ALC888 audio chipset. The rest is exactly the same. The videocard I'm using is a Radeon 4870 with 512MB, hence the ATY_Init.kext. I have not made any additional changes, but I did check one of the Radeon Snow Leopard kexts as netkas mentioned to change a device-id. However in my case the device-id was already the same as my Radeon 4870 (checked it in System Profiler under 10.5.7).

I have a second HD running 10.5.7 and I have used DD's scripts multiple times, so I think I'm quite familiar with the process :)

Kexts currently installed:
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 10 sep 02:21 AppleHDA.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 10 sep 02:21 AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 10 sep 02:21 ATY_Init.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 10 sep 02:21 HDAEnabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 10 sep 02:21 IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 10 sep 02:21 JMicronATA.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 10 sep 02:21 OpenHaltRestart.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 10 sep 02:21 PlatformUUID.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 10 sep 02:21 RealtekR1000.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel  102 10 sep 02:21 fakesmc.kext

A small snippit of the boot log at the part where it stalls/freezes, I attached the full log to the post:
Sep  9 17:33:34 localhost kernel[0]: REALTEK: Multicast bits after crc calc: 0x	  1f.
Sep  9 17:33:34 localhost kernel[0]: REALTEK: Multicast bits after crc calc: 0x	  33.
Sep  9 17:33:34 localhost kernel[0]: REALTEK: Multicast bits after crc calc: 0x	  3e.
Sep  9 17:33:34 localhost kernel[0]: REALTEK: Multicast bits after crc calc: 0x	  16.
Sep  9 17:33:35 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Sep  9 17:33:35 localhost kernel[0]: AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0x2c418086 Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitor trough MCA
Sep  9 17:33:37 morpho kernel[0]: REALTEK: RealtekR1000::setMulticastList(IOEthernetAddress *addrs, UInt32 count)
Sep  9 17:33:37 morpho kernel[0]: REALTEK: Multicast bits after crc calc: 0x	  2e.
Sep  9 17:33:37 morpho kernel[0]: REALTEK: Multicast bits after crc calc: 0x	   f.
Sep  9 17:33:37 morpho kernel[0]: REALTEK: Multicast bits after crc calc: 0x	  1f.
Sep  9 17:33:37 morpho kernel[0]: REALTEK: Multicast bits after crc calc: 0x	  33.
Sep  9 17:33:37 morpho kernel[0]: REALTEK: Multicast bits after crc calc: 0x	  3e.
Sep  9 17:33:37 morpho kernel[0]: REALTEK: Multicast bits after crc calc: 0x	  16.
Sep  9 17:33:43 morpho kernel[0]: REALTEK: RealtekR1000::R1000TxTimeout(OSObject *owner, IOTimerEventSource * timer)

Also included in the Logs.zip are the bootcache.log and DSDT Output.

Thanks in advance :D

Attached Files

• Attached File  Logs.zip   9.43KB   14 downloads

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,100 posts

I've been trying for the last 5 hours to get my install working. Perhaps someone knows what's going wrong.
When I boot up using -v -x32 flags it shows me a bunch of Realtek messages before completely stalling or perhaps even freezing. I waited several minutes for something to happen and nothing ever does, also no activity on the HD led.

Dith,
Nothing appears to stand out as wrong, but I suspect your 4870 card. You're probably at the desktop with no way to make it visible. See if you can "eject" your optical drive from your keyboard next time you try.

Graphics require a bit more attention in SL, as many are finding out. Isn't there another driver that must be installed? Look in the ATI graphics forums for some tips. (but, you probably already have!) I believe edvardlee from a few posts up is in the same boat.

Oh, and I'd like to mention that your post is a good example of clarity and technical detail. It doesn't leave us wondering what you did or didn't do and guessing at the answers, usually wrong ones. Now, if everyone can do that.... :)

MAJ

AppleIIGuy

AppleIIGuy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Just wanted to tell you that this works just fine on a EX58-UD3R. With the exception you need to use VoodooHDA not the default audio kexts.

alexjdb

alexjdb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Dith,
Nothing appears to stand out as wrong, but I suspect your 4870 card. You're probably at the desktop with no way to make it visible. See if you can "eject" your optical drive from your keyboard next time you try.

Graphics require a bit more attention in SL, as many are finding out. Isn't there another driver that must be installed? Look in the ATI graphics forums for some tips. (but, you probably already have!) I believe edvardlee from a few posts up is in the same boat.

Oh, and I'd like to mention that your post is a good example of clarity and technical detail. It doesn't leave us wondering what you did or didn't do and guessing at the answers, usually wrong ones. Now, if everyone can do that.... :D

MAJ

Hey there!

I have a Powercolor HD4870 1Gb and was able to make video work perfectly using this EVOEnabler.kext (link: http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=55152). Simply install it to the Extra folder and it should work fine (it did for me!).

MAJ: Congratulations for your great work. You're truly an asset to this community! I have a GA-EX58-UD4P and Ethernet, as well as audio, don't work. SL seems to see the port, but it says that it has a self assigned IP, etc. As for audio, I know that even if I have the same Realtek chipset as the UD5, there may be a slightly different configuration that could cause the whole AppleHDA setup to fail. For Ethernet, I tried moving the kexts back and forth to Extra and System, and of course rebuilding the cache, but it didn't seem to work. As for audio, the UD5 AppleHDA worked with 10.5.7 so I have never really looked into modifying it.

The build will go to sleep perfectly (S3) but won't awake (well it will, but my monitors stay at sleep). This doesn't bother me much but I wanted to mention it.

Thanks for your help and let me know if you need more information from me!
Alex :)

EDIT: I think I'd be able to make audio work using VoodooHDA. As for the Ethernet, I looked at Extensions in System Profiler and it looks like RealtekR1000 isn't being loaded or something. Is it supposed to be installed in Extra or System ?

Dith

Dith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Dith,

Oh, and I'd like to mention that your post is a good example of clarity and technical detail. It doesn't leave us wondering what you did or didn't do and guessing at the answers, usually wrong ones. Now, if everyone can do that.... :D

MAJ

Thanks for your swift reply and verification DD! :)
I have to admit I was a bit short sighted, ATY_Init worked in 10.5.7 so I assumed it would be fine in Snow Leopard as well since the device-id was already in the ATI4800Controller.kext plist.

I will dig some more into the videocard part tomorrow but it sounds about right what you're saying. If I compare the boot to 10.5.7 it's definitely shortly after that sequence when the WindowServer starts. Perhaps I can use the -x32 €“v €“x -f flags to boot into Safe Mode, should work regardless of drivers. At least it did for 10.5.x.

EDIT:

Hey there!

I have a Powercolor HD4870 1Gb and was able to make video work perfectly using this EVOEnabler.kext (link: http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=55152). Simply install it to the Extra folder and it should work fine (it did for me!).

Alex :D

Hey Alex thanks for the link, I will definitely start out with trying that tomorrow!

dacool

dacool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Did you have a folder called, "EFI" on your desktop that created issues for the script? Can you elaborate on what happened?
I might, or should, have the script do a check for the existence of a "EFI" file on the desktop prior to a mount, just to be sure something like that doesn't happen. Amazing what unexpected scenarios can take place.
Also, are you saying that the EFI partition is now visible on your desktop and doesn't go away? If so, can you still "view" the EFI partition or do EFI partition steps in the script?

regard,
MAJ

Yes. I did have backup of working EFI-partition contains at desktop folder called EFI, and somehow the script didn't unmount the /Volumes/EFI, even there is check to force unmount, if the normal unmount failed. It worked after I put the -f parameter at the first umount command on script (before the script checks did the first unmount command worked, or does it need to force).

if [[ -d /Volumes/EFI ]];then
	 chflags nohidden /volumes/"EFI"
	 umount -f /Volumes/EFI >> "$LOG" 2>&1
	 RTRN_ERR=$?
 fi
 if [[ $RTRN_ERR = 1 && $DISK_ID != $WRKING_DISK_ID ]]; then
	 echo "Not unmounting normally - forcing unmount." >> "$LOG"
	 umount -f /Volumes/EFI >> "$LOG" 2>&1
	 rm -rf /Volumes/EFI >> "$TEST_LOG" 2>&1
	 fsck_hfs /dev/disk${DISK_ID}s1 >> "$LOG" 2>&1

Yes and the systems somehow wants to mount the EFI partition on everyboot, even there is that no_log file. I needed to put the following line to my /etc/fstab to prevent it for mounting:

UUID=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx none hfs rw,noauto

Where xxx...xxx is the partition uuid from EFI partition, and now it don't mount it on everyboot.

Craig4

Craig4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
If I update just my bootloader that is currently on my 10.5.7 (RC2) to the RC3 and nothing else, should my 10.5.7 still boot? Reason I am asking here is because after that I would like to upgrade to 10.6.

I am in the process of practicing on another drive to make sure it doesnt break anything, but if anyone has already done this please let me know.

Are you trying to work without the DSDT file, too?
If so, try the PC-EFI v10 bootloader - it will allow the system to move ahead without it.

MAJ

I am using the DSDT

EDIT:
On a side note, I tried upgrading to 10.6 again from 10.5.7 and during the Chameleon boot all of the code with Loaded HPF+ file keep scrolling

after about a minute it goes to the black screen with the writing. with REALTEK as the start of a lot of the codings.

then DSMOS arrived then back to REALTEK

then freezes at dyid: shared cached file was build against a different libSystem.dylib, ignoring cache

dacool

dacool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hey there!

MAJ: Congratulations for your great work. You're truly an asset to this community! I have a GA-EX58-UD4P and Ethernet, as well as audio, don't work. SL seems to see the port, but it says that it has a self assigned IP, etc. As for audio, I know that even if I have the same Realtek chipset as the UD5, there may be a slightly different configuration that could cause the whole AppleHDA setup to fail. For Ethernet, I tried moving the kexts back and forth to Extra and System, and of course rebuilding the cache, but it didn't seem to work. As for audio, the UD5 AppleHDA worked with 10.5.7 so I have never really looked into modifying it.

The build will go to sleep perfectly (S3) but won't awake (well it will, but my monitors stay at sleep). This doesn't bother me much but I wanted to mention it.

Thanks for your help and let me know if you need more information from me!
Alex :)

I have club3d hd4870, i quess they are same chip as both them have flickering problem at windows side. i use the evoenabler.kext, and it works fine.

i have ga-ex58-ds4 motherboard, and it have same problems as you have. haven't got any audio work what ever i have try. not dsdt patch or applehda patch or anything helped. one got it showing some the builtin audio on systeminfo, but it didin't show anything at system preferences. So needed to use voodoohda.kext and use front audio jack, and only stereo.

i haven't got realtekr1000.kext working on 64bit mode, it show's it active, but don't get ip from dhcp.
Sometimes when it got stuck, you need to take power cord of you machine, and wait 20-30 seconds.
And startup again, that should fix it. And it works fine at 32bit mode.

voodoohda and realtekr1000 kext is at /S/L/E folder, and other kexts are in EFI folder.
didin't get those work from EFI folder.

My computer also goes sleep very well, but it don't wakeup. i quess it's the display card problem.

knightprozac

knightprozac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Well, the RAID set I'm referring to are Apple's softraid, not the hardware-based RAID your Windows system may be using. That's why nothing showed up in RAIDlist. Thanks for you effort, though!

MAJ

I'm not actually using the RAID for my windows system because I couldn't be bothered going through all the tricks to get Windows 7 working on the same HD as my OS X install.

I used your 3.7 script to install 10.5.7 onto my RAID and it works great. I didn't have to perform any additional steps for the install either. I'll probably be attempting an SL install this weekend so I'll report back as to whether your 4.01 script works just as easily for my RAID setup.

dixit

dixit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

EDIT: I think I'd be able to make audio work using VoodooHDA. As for the Ethernet, I looked at Extensions in System Profiler and it looks like RealtekR1000 isn't being loaded or something. Is it supposed to be installed in Extra or System ?

RealtekR1000 on the UD4P board definitely has to be in S/L/E and you must be botting with 32bit flag, otherwise it wont work.

It sounds like maybe your kext is in S/L/E but you botting in 64bit. I had the same issue where in 64bit it keeps assigning it a self IP, not a legit one. If you are using the Chameleon2 RC3, make sure your 32bit flag is "arch=i386" without the quotes and not the "-x32" one.

Dixit

duomaxw

duomaxw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks DD, great script. Took a few tries but I got it working pretty well.

For anyone trying to get this to work on an EVGA x58 SLI and Geforce 260 I did the following,

1. Installed 10.5 on a separate hard drive.
2. Generated an EFI string for my Geforce 260 using gfx util and aquamac's guide.
3. Installed Chameleon RC3, made partition active
4. Installed Snow Leopard deselecting ALL optional packages.
5. Removed AppleHDA and added VoodooHDA
6. Ran kext installer and set realtek to go into system folder (bonjour wouldn't work otherwise).
7. Added efi string to bootlist and arch=i386 to kernel flags.
8. Booted up snow leopard, updated bootcache, and everything works great!

Thanks again DD and good luck everyone!

rappinkapc

rappinkapc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hello... This is my first osx86 build. I finally managed to (mostly) figure out what I was doing and install everything. I have gotten almost everything to work except for two annoying things.

1. Ethernet issues - Probably the same as everyone else... It works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, shutting down the machine, unplugging for 10 seconds and rebooting seems to work sometimes. But other times, my network settings (Using DHCP) don't correctly find the router, and my internet doesn't work. Last time I lost ethernet, I had to reboot about 3 times before it worked correctly - so very annoying.

Question: Has anyone else found a fix for this besides buying the macbook air adapter or what I am already doing?

2. Shutdown - This doesn't work. When I choose shutdown, my computer logs out, and but doesn't turn off -- it reboots. Shutdown works perfectly in Windows.

Question: Am I missing a kext for to enable shutdown?

Kexts installed:
ATA VERSION ARCH SIZE DESTINATION
1) AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext 2.5.1 x86_64 280K /Extra
2) IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext 1.1.1 N/A 4K /System
3) JMicronATA.kext 1.0.0 x86_64 180K /System

Audio
4) ALC889a.kext 99 N/A 72K /System
5) AppleHDA.kext 1.4.0a23 i386 1.2M /System
6) HDAEnabler.kext 1.0.0d1 i386 36K /System

Graphics
7) ATY_Init.kext 1.0.0d1 i386 520K /System

Networking
8) RealtekR1000.kext 1.8.1 x86_64 204K /System

Misc Patches
9) dsmos.kext 1.0.0d1 x86_64 76K /Extra
10) fakesmc.kext 1 x86_64 116K /System
11) NullCPUPowerManagement.kext 1.0.0d2 x86_64 116K /Extra
12) OpenHaltRestart.kext 1.0.3 x86_64 100K /Extra
13) PlatformUUID.kext 1.0.0 x86_64 104K /Extra
14) Sleepenabler.kext 1.0.0 x86_64 132K /Extra

My System:
Mobo: GA-EX58-UD5
CPU: i7 920 @2.66Ghz
GPU: EVGA 9800GTX+
RAM: 6GB DDR3

knightprozac

knightprozac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

1. Ethernet issues - Probably the same as everyone else... It works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't.

2. Shutdown - This doesn't work. When I choose shutdown, my computer logs out, and but doesn't turn off -- it reboots. Shutdown works perfectly in Windows.

If people keep repeating posts about ethernet this thread is going to quickly become as large as the last thread. From my understanding ethernet should work if you into 32bit mode and you shouldn't have any need to boot into 64bit mode. If you choose to unnecessarily boot into 64bit then you need modified kext to do so (please don't post here asking about it).

I have the same issue with shutdown in my 10.5.8 build and also can't send my computer to sleep. I know that the sleep problem is caused by using the JMicron ports and I suspect the shutdown problem is also caused by this.

edvardlee

edvardlee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Can you post how you got your 9600 gt wworking?

Thanks for a great script/tutorial...

I followed it. Worked great with my ga-ex58-ud3r. Two hickups (at least) to go:

1. On board ehternet is not working (works fine in both Kalyway (on another disk) and iAtkos v7... and on Windows 7 where I'm typing now.
2. Get a working driver/setting for my Geforce 9600GT.

But I see a light in the tunnel now. Thanks.

ncsa

ncsa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Wow .. :( thanks yet again MAJ for the great work .. will get on to this one soon.

edvardlee

edvardlee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Can you verify that u get QE/CI to work with your graphics card? if yes can u tell me how you did it thanks?

Hello... This is my first osx86 build. I finally managed to (mostly) figure out what I was doing and install everything. I have gotten almost everything to work except for two annoying things.

1. Ethernet issues - Probably the same as everyone else... It works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, shutting down the machine, unplugging for 10 seconds and rebooting seems to work sometimes. But other times, my network settings (Using DHCP) don't correctly find the router, and my internet doesn't work. Last time I lost ethernet, I had to reboot about 3 times before it worked correctly - so very annoying.

Question: Has anyone else found a fix for this besides buying the macbook air adapter or what I am already doing?

Question: Am I missing a kext for to enable shutdown?

Kexts installed:
ATA VERSION ARCH SIZE DESTINATION
1) AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext 2.5.1 x86_64 280K /Extra
2) IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext 1.1.1 N/A 4K /System
3) JMicronATA.kext 1.0.0 x86_64 180K /System

Audio
4) ALC889a.kext 99 N/A 72K /System
5) AppleHDA.kext 1.4.0a23 i386 1.2M /System
6) HDAEnabler.kext 1.0.0d1 i386 36K /System

Graphics
7) ATY_Init.kext 1.0.0d1 i386 520K /System

Networking
8) RealtekR1000.kext 1.8.1 x86_64 204K /System

Misc Patches
9) dsmos.kext 1.0.0d1 x86_64 76K /Extra
10) fakesmc.kext 1 x86_64 116K /System
11) NullCPUPowerManagement.kext 1.0.0d2 x86_64 116K /Extra
12) OpenHaltRestart.kext 1.0.3 x86_64 100K /Extra
13) PlatformUUID.kext 1.0.0 x86_64 104K /Extra
14) Sleepenabler.kext 1.0.0 x86_64 132K /Extra

My System:
Mobo: GA-EX58-UD5
CPU: i7 920 @2.66Ghz
GPU: EVGA 9800GTX+
RAM: 6GB DDR3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy